Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 


  • Content Count

  • Donations

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


schwups last won the day on October 19

schwups had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

28 Excellent

About schwups

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • OS
  • Country


  • Country Flag

Recent Profile Visitors

4,376 profile views
  1. I tried it on the fast, so only superficially. 35.01 => good 32.0.3 and 33.1.1 => useful, but sluggish 28 and 31.8 => rather useless - sluggish, only Audio or video or stucks 27.0.1 => no playback
  2. I checked "media.mediasource.webm.enabled";true successfully with FF42.
  3. YouTube still works with default media prefs on FF 43+ here. So far I haven't dealt intensively with this item.
  4. Congratulations! Thanks for testing. Do you have hardware acceleration and OMTC enabled? What's your hardware and OS??
  5. 1. Make sure you have latest KernelEx Core Updates (24) installed. 2. Verify Kexstubs with jumpers Ktree. Latest is Kstub823.dll The Kexstubs entry must be in the core.ini: --- No OS override --- [BASE] contents=Kexstubs,std,kexbasen,kexbases Kstub824 desc=Base enhancements (api fixes + extensions) --- Legacy modes for older registry settings and Ktree9 --- [DCFG1] inherit=BASE contents=Kexstubs,std,kexbasen,kexbases desc=Legacy Base enhancements 3. Does FF 35 work on your machine? 4. Try FF 45.9 or 47.02. FF48 starts without UI first. Can you see it in the taskbar? 5. Check with the DependencyWalker, if you caught all dll's.
  6. I can open almost any site. This isn't the problem. Ok, YouTube doesn't work anymore with it. It's not about browsing, but the setting avoids the runtime error with the following crash for example after adding a bookmark. The bookmark plugins Netscape and IE Favorites become useful here.
  7. KM74G: I no longer have runtime errors when I set msvcr80.dll in the KM Program Folder to Base (Kexbases,Kexbasen).
  8. Maybe this (Opera via Burp - page 26 -30 ...) is useful for you. I can run Burp as HTTPS proxy, but on ME. I don't have Win 2000 to test that. Burp runs on Java. You have to export the certificate (portswigger ca) on Burp and afterwards you can import it to Opera.
  9. Note: I can't enable hardware acceleration for KM76. That is possible with FF only.
  10. Additional requirements for FF 42 - 48 and KM 76: Dll's from XPSP2 or SP3 (or ReactOS) (Activeds.dll, adsldpc.dll, apphlp.dll, authz.dll, dbghlp.dll, dnsapi.dll, mprapi.dll, netrap.dll, netui0.dll, netui1.dll, ntdsapi.dll, ntlanman.dll, rasdlg.dll, rasman.dll, regapi.dll, rtutils.dll, samlib.dll, utildll.dll, w32topl.dll, winscard.dll, winsta.dll), MDAC2.8SP1 (Odbc32.dll, Odbcbcp.dll), GDIPlus.dll (for KM76) and Kext (ini file here). The names of all missing files were found with the DependencyWalker (DW). To do this open the Xul.dll with the DW. Missing modules are marked with a question mark in yellow circle. To get all names you must start DW several times. I have these files, XPSP2/SP3 and some from ReactOS 0.4.0, in the system folder. You also can try to paste them in the KernelEx folder, or KernelEx Subfolders like ROS, as KernelEx-KnownDll's. In this case (KernelEx-KnownDll's) is the registry entry in the Key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KernelEx\KnownDLLs] necessary. Or paste them into the program folder, when you're afraid. To bear in mind pdh.dll, psapi.dll, userenv.dll, uxtheme.dll and wtsapi32.dll are already supported by KernelEX (KernelEX-KnownDll's). The portable Installer requires the apphlp.dll. It make sense to install the WindowsInstaller 12.0.2600.2, but I haven't testet it as requirement. Direct3D9 (OMTC): 1. Install DirectX 9c 2. "layers.acceleration.force-enabled" => true - OMTC requires hardware acceleration! 3. "layers.offmainthreadcomposition.enabled" => true I did all the tests with the portable versions and I only testet with NV7800GT and NV7900GS cards and drivers 82.16 and 82.69 on WinME This may not work with other hardware.
  11. FF48: I dared to go one step further. I set "layers.acceleration.force-enabled" to true, "layers.offmainthreadcomposition.force-basic" to false and "layers.offmainthreadcomposition.enabled" to true. It completely solved the main UI glitch now, and surprisingly FF seems to run stable. Now the troubleshooting page "about:support" gives "Compositing = Direct3D 9" instead of Basic. What remains are common icon glitches and here and there slightly shifted or coloured edges. But that was already the case before.
  12. The old bool "layers.offmainthreadcomposition.force-basic" = true is better than "layers.offmainthreadcomposition.force-disabled" = false. Thereby it's possible to start and run Firefox 48 with a slightly reduced window size without this UI glitch. Besides that all pages are usually displayed correctly and there aren't any blank ones.
  • Create New...