ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.1030 rebuild 8

53 minutes ago, Anbima said:

I would like to use Windows 10 or 11, but I just can't get certain programs to run on Windows 10 (nor Windows 7).
Is there any way to get such programs to run under Windows 10?

I suspect that the problems are related to .net framework, since 1.1 and 2 is used.
During installation there are errors due to DLL registrations.

Is there perhaps a howto for the procedure for such problems?

Maybe say examples of certain programs that you can't run on 10 or 7, and then we might see a solution.

1 hour ago, Anbima said:

I would like to use Windows 10 or 11, but I just can't get certain programs to run on Windows 10 (nor Windows 7).
Is there any way to get such programs to run under Windows 10?

I suspect that the problems are related to .net framework, since 1.1 and 2 is used.
During installation there are errors due to DLL registrations.

Is there perhaps a howto for the procedure for such problems?

If it is not directly related to this topic, make a new post instead of posting about it here.

20 hours ago, mina7601 said:

Maybe say examples of certain programs that you can't run on 10 or 7, and then we might see a solution.

Is there a relevant site that talks about this topic?

55 minutes ago, Anbima said:

Is there a relevant site that talks about this topic?

This site (MSFN) is relevant.  The moderator (Tripredacus) is suggesting that you start a new topic/thread.

Since you are referring to programs that span two main categories (one category is Win10, the second category is Win7), then perhaps the "general" category is a good place to start a new topic?

You should see a "Start new topic" button at the top of any page when you are logged in.

Just posting to move this thread up a little bit...and to thank @NotHereToPlayGames for sharing his releases for a browser that is still very capable on the modern Web.
Chrome 80 seems to be the bare minimum (for Firefox the earliest 'regular' release is 72, first ESR is 78--please correct me if I am wrong) to support nullish coalescing and optional chaining...this 'unlocks' a good amount of the modern Internet, though not all sites work properly.
That is to say, 360v13.5 will still get you around on the Internet these days, but once more web designers start embracing the later ECMAScript standards, the percentage of sites that work will go down, but that's a given with any browser from any era.

I am excited to see what happens with XP going forward, but it looks like for the future it'll be either 7, 8.x or 10 to get you through your daily tasks, without question.

• 1 month later...
On 3/13/2023 at 6:41 AM, cmccaff1 said:

MiniBrowser is worth a look. Unfortunately, it is not without its issues (no Flash support despite being forked from v87 [the final Chromium version to support Flash], heavier CPU/RAM usage than 360, and it will crash if you insert a flash drive unless you disable the USB backend in chrome://flags).

I don't think USB issues are exclusive to MiniBrowser. It happened with 360Chrome 13.5.2022.0 today when I plugged a new old (known) USB device, my phone, nothing happened, no LED lighting up, no beep in Windows, nothing. Then I wanted to safely-eject already plugged-in flash drive and the window with the Stop button just froze after I clicked Stop. Then I closed 360Chrome and all started to work normally, phone was picked up by the OS and the flash drive was ejected.

Worst, doesn't happen all the time, unknown how to reproduce. Obviously, the browser hijacks some important object and doesn't let it go. Didn't even visit any web site utilizing Web USB.

The sloppy nature of these backports I guess.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Probably that checkbox is only relevant if you actually use chrome://inspect page on the regular basis. When the checkbox is enabled and the page is opened, the browser establishes ADB connection with connected Android smartphone, that's how you debug websites from the computer that are displayed on the smartphone in Chrome browser.

Can't test it currently since I don't have Chrome on my phone, but ADB connection prompt does appear on the phone.

Yeah I had already seen that thread, 18 pages and mostly a handful of active users over the past two months including the annoying one

dropbox is free to use, there's no reason to delete lightweight links

it's ok if you have to delete early beta versions but keep at least the last working rebuilds of each version

you are rushing us to switching to the last released version as if it was M$ dropping XP support

• 6 months later...

360chrome causes an entry in the ProcessMonitor under "Show Profiling Events" every second (see image).
The process ID is from the task "browser".

No other program does this.

Is this normal and what is 360chrome doing?

360chrome.jpg