ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.1030 rebuild 8

7 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Yikes!

I only run these member-supplied "checks" in a VirtualBox and holy cow, thank goodness by the sounds of it.

I have a "line of defense" in my everyday browsing that ALL of these member-supplied "checks" try to force me to run without - not gonna happen for me and my Host OS!

Kind of like never opening an email if you don't know who the sender is, never click a link in an email from an unknown sender, et cetera.

I'm living & safe after this experience, I had to log off and on, that's all. 

No big deal, rest assured.

6 hours ago, D.Draker said:

it's the only site that DETECTS the spinning disks "feature" on your favourite browser.

No it detects nothing but (badly sometimes) version of checked browser, it RAPPORT vulnerabilities data from official Chrome Releases/versions, not from our checked browsers... not interesting.

"For one, that only tracks "official Chromium", not Chromium Forks."

And WHY it rapports: "It looks like you're using Chrome 79" on DCBrowser, please?..

8 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

It's basically a nice "history".

It basically only COUNTS how many "vulnerabilities" have been "fixed" with each Chromium Release and adds them all up dating back to the User Agent version it sees you on.

It's nice "hype and propaganda" marketing to scare the masses into running the "latest-and-greatest".

It is true ... if we seek the truth ... the truth will set you free.

Edited by msfntor

I doubt that "chromiumchecker" was the culprit, as it is ran by only four on-domain scripts and relies on no 3rd-party shenanigans.

My proxy redirector only shows two connections, the actual web site and my localhost Proxomitron.

image.png.a629ae77bb698b6d93b177b2dbdda3b2.png

Confirmed by uMatrix -

image.png.ea6546ce6545f0dac395bca2985843d5.png

There is only four on-domain scripts and "cve.js" in particular is the script that literally just COUNTS the "fixes" per Chromium version dating only back to v70.

image.thumb.png.77a2ab7c5034c5b6879c4254c6782cb2.png

In the Console I see two errors rapported by Browser JSGuard extension (to search on your search engine rather, than directly on the Web Store...):

"SyncMessage.js:243 [Deprecation] Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.

bundle.b8e52ea….js:2 [Deprecation] 'window.webkitStorageInfo' is deprecated. Please use 'navigator.webkitTemporaryStorage' or 'navigator.webkitPersistentStorage' instead."

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT: a13b875….woff2:1 AND c1d7482….woff:1

Edited by msfntor

Definitely using protection. Originally used xp from start of 2002 until 2015 when Win10, in my mind a worthy xp successor came along. With Win10 Eol coming in 2025 I'll have to move on to Win11, knowing full well alot of the things I use now on Win10, don't work on Win11. The cycle continues. :P

~ Rosey

2 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

It's not technically "external".  It is "inline" to the local domain.

OK, thanks, but Browser JSGuard has these buttons only: 

*Hidden iframe(s) Redirections

*UnAuthorized Redirections

*Encoded JavaScript

*External Domain Requests

*Trackers

- so this bundle js is found under External Domain Requests button in the GUI...:rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, Milkinis said:

new chromium browser (everybody hates Mozilla :})

and AI powered search engine https://www.tempest.com/browser

Will not install in Win7.

Runs slightly slower than my default Win10 browser (GDIChromium v96).  Haven't really looked into whether all of the "privacy" marketing is legit or just hype.

On 3/29/2023 at 8:00 AM, Anbima said:

I have replaced the chrome.dll and will test it.
I don't have to change anything else, do I?

On 3/29/2023 at 8:37 AM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Nope, not if your only concern is rebased versus not-rebased.

Have you verified if the rebase was causing the issues you were having with your other programs?

The problem has not occurred since then. I continue testing.
I also have the feeling that 360Chrome is faster with this (not rebased) chrome.dll.

Was the (new) chrome.dll only rebased or does this have other changes.