Last Version of Software for Windows 8.1

xedakide

On 1/21/2024 at 9:56 AM, BW134 said:

Discord Canary stopped working on Windows 7, 8 and 8.1, showing DiscardVirtualMemory error.

The stable branch won't be updated on 7/8/8.1 after March 15, 2024.

https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/articles/20470973046295--Known-Issue-Support-for-Windows-7-8-and-8-1

i was against discord/teamviewer from the beginning, but noone wanted to hear me

this is certainly intensional by discord crew to remove these os´s - 100 % they could keep up a older browser version

that only means they on the ride with the others who actually try to make this "spy ride"

this is still up to date:

there is a reason why they are doing this

so guys keep looking if you asked for "real name" "email that requies a real name" "smartphone confirmation" "wants neccesary a server (where your data is logged) someone once said (there is no cloud its someones server)" "wants nessesary win10+" "wants a tpm chip"

also keep a watching eye if they try to say we do this "spam" no thats not right there are other ways to have spam under control, the past has proofen so 

or other crap "you give us your smartphone number - good deal (no its not)"

or "just install win10 (oh someone actually did what they want them to do"

and it it wants a server in between - again "its not a cloud its somebodys server" -> they can look into this - peer to peer are one of their enemys , or self hosted servers

teamspeak is a good example how a such problem can be solved - or how it once has been

teamspeak allow you to host a server (not always there server (that is spying on you)) in between 

so they cant just get rid of the server and say it need this supernew +0 functions server 

(and discord dont allow you to host a server - why - i belive we know the reason) 

then they actually force you to do more and more things , more and more data from you , more and more that you should accept 

and nobody can proof these companys that they looked into your computer or chat (even tho you have a right to speak and no1 is allowed to hear into what you talking there - it is actually the same laws for a phone talk)

"but you accepted this the company says"

it is hard to proof a company that they did a such thing - near impossible - because they only trust you if you let them look your computer - but what is about their computer 

if you then figured out you face a lawer that trys to reduce the demage (its not like they dont do this - there are proofen cases that they did exactly this) - witch then end in some kind of talk "ah that wasnt so bad - its over now" (something like that) (just for the people - that they dont do that - or cant do that - or will not do that - no they do!)

On 5/7/2024 at 5:35 PM, Jaguarek62 said:

for me it is stuck at "installing updates" https://ctrlv.cz/VWKw

Would this mean updating to a newer Firefox version requires for a complete new copy of Firefox setup zip extraction, patching the necessary EXEs with CFF Explorer once again, and get a fresh slate of Firefox before re-importing back the existing profile from the previous Firefox?

Posted (edited)
On 10/28/2023 at 11:26 PM, UCyborg said:

So older Windows 10 builds and Windows 8.1 for instance still use those pseudo/stub DLLs. I compared DWrite.dll from my Win10 20H2 install and Win8.1 ISO, latter updated till December 2017. Win10's DLL is linked to a function implemented in Vista era LCIDToLocaleName under api-ms-win-core-localization-l1-2-2.dll (points to kernelbase.dll), no other functions are linked to under that contract name while Win8.1 DLL uses the name api-ms-win-core-localization-obsolete-l1-2-0.dll pointing to the same function and the DLL where it's implemented. Maybe using system copy of api-ms-win-core-localization-obsolete-l1-2-0.dll renamed to api-ms-win-core-localization-l1-2-2.dll would work. Link to DWrite.dll from the video is dead BTW.

Interesting information!! And also your other posts on page8 related to those pseudo/stub DLLs

On 10/28/2023 at 9:25 AM, UCyborg said:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/apiindex/windows-apisets

CRT may have had pseudo DLLs for runtime compatibility with older Windows, VC Redist 2015-2019 was (is?) compatible with XP at some point, which knows nothing about API sets.

VC Redist 2015-2019 was compatible with XP until version 14.28.29213.0

On 10/28/2023 at 4:13 PM, Dixel said:

Or maybe try this one (digitally signed). Just rename it to api-ms-win-core-localization-l1-2-2.dll

api-ms-win-core-localization-l1-2-0.zip 7 kB · 11 downloads

Thanks for sharing, I'm guessing this is from a x64 Windows ? Is there any difference between x64 and x86 when it comes to these specific DLL files?

Just wondering if I could use it on x86 Windows 7 as well.

Edited by superleiw