U.S. blacklists Kaspersky antivirus as an unacceptable risk to national security.

Cocodile

51 minutes ago, Cocodile said:

I, as the creator of this topic ...

I didn't know that starting a thread gave any particular privilege, I would say that a similar request would be granted or denied depending on its contents, not on who proposes it.

jaclaz

I was wondering how long it would be before the “Cocodile” account logged in to engage in the usual ad hominem attacks against me.

4 hours ago, Cocodile said:

We can't be sure of that [that you are an American].

I’m sure that our moderators could confirm that I invariably post from the United States, but that would be pointless because your paranoid mind would simply jump to the conclusion that I’m a Russian spy in the United States!

What can we really be sure of about the “Cocodile” account? Your profile has no flag, but you recently threatened to report MSFN to European authorities for treating you unjustly. You once told me that you obtained an iPhone on December 31, 2022, which was the very day you created a new account at MSFN, and also the very day you created this rather political “Technology News” topic. (Of course if someone had multiple accounts in violation of forum rules, they would have to be careful to use different devices, or so I would imagine.) Obviously this topic was of the utmost importance to you! I sometimes wonder why?

It is probably wise that “D.Draker” has remained silent. That account has a lot of reputation points and probably more than one Warning, so it is better to let “Saxon” and “Cocodile” do the attacking for the time being. I wonder how long it will be before “Karla” goes on the attack? Perhaps you are wise to keep “her” in reserve in case your entire MSFN empire crumbles to the ground. :buehehe:

14 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

I was wondering how long it would be before the “Cocodile” account logged in to engage in the usual ad hominem attacks against me.

I’m sure that our moderators could confirm that I invariably post from the United States, but that would be pointless because your paranoid mind would simply jump to the conclusion that I’m a Russian spy in the United States!

What can we really be sure of about the “Cocodile” account? Your profile has no flag, but you recently threatened to report MSFN to European authorities for treating you unjustly. You once told me that you obtained an iPhone on December 31, 2022, which was the very day you created a new account at MSFN, and also the very day you created this rather political “Technology News” topic. (Of course if someone had multiple accounts in violation of forum rules, they would have to be careful to use different devices, or so I would imagine.) Obviously this topic was of the utmost importance to you! I sometimes wonder why?

It is probably wise that “D.Draker” has remained silent. That account has a lot of reputation points and probably more than one Warning, so it is better to let “Saxon” and “Cocodile” do the attacking for the time being. I wonder how long it will be before “Karla” goes on the attack? Perhaps you are wise to keep “her” in reserve in case your entire MSFN empire crumbles to the ground. :buehehe:

I'm the pillar of politeness. What you wrote is a lie and an insult, I never attacked you.

If you still want to imply this, link to the post, and since there will be none, you need to apologise for your offensive behaviour and personal attacks.

And keep my name out of conversations I didn't even take part.

15 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

The 1st reason D.Draker has remained silent because he's busy with his life, making money, staying fit and healthy, real-time helping the world to be cleansed of filth.

In other words, everything that a normal man would want to do with his life. I wonder why you not?

But don't doubt, D.Draker's like a higher power up from the above - he sees everything.

You've claimed to live in Miami. So, is it a complete boredom, so you the only thing that is left for you is to constantly praise Russia?

Be on your guard, one can easily assume you live in a Siberian basement, not Miami.

The 2nd reason D.Draker has remained silent because he is not interested in any further attempts to explain to you that

Russia simply has no independent civilian software. It's all under military umbrella, including Kaspersky.

Oh, and I'm touched you're worried about my warnings!

"You are the company you keep."

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2020/04/04/company-keep/

Another way to say that, especially here at MSFN, is we all know "who is who" by their meaningless "likes".

I didn't read the post as a "personal attack", but more of "one school of thought" against "another school of thought" (our "likes" define who we are!)

GANG WARS.

Do we know if new members can register?  I don't recall seeing a mod chime in on that one.

But the more I think about it, the more I can't help but think that if these GANG WARS persist, then MSFN is "weighing its options" on whether "to be, or not to be".

5 hours ago, Saxon said:

What you wrote is a lie and an insult, I never attacked you. If you still want to imply this, link to the post...

Let’s see: There was a thread in the Windows 7 forum that “you” posted in only for the purpose of making an ad hominem attack against me:

https://msfn.org/board/topic/184942-any-free-antivirus-for-win7-in-2023/?do=findComment&comment=1250354

You were of course correct that I never used Kaspersky, but it was an ad hominem attack nevertheless. What you failed to notice was that the OP of that topic was a Kaspersky user in Poland who posted to ask a question about free antivirus software for Windows 7, and was perhaps unaware that Kaspersky has a free version. You did not post to suggest an alternative, but I had already mentioned a few alternatives (and had already mentioned that I never used Kaspersky and could not tell him the procedure for downgrading). The OP was perhaps more irritated by your post than I was, and gave you a rebuttal that moderators subsequently deleted. :buehehe:

Of course “you” were already on my Ignored Users list before that because “you” are just another account of the Vista-using Kaspersky-hater who resides somewhere in Europe.

5 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

GANG WARS

I can understand your neutral position and share your doubts about the future of MSFN, but if I am part of a “gang,” then I sometimes wonder where the rest of my gang is. The only “gang” I see consists of one Vista- using Kaspersky-hater with multiple accounts in cooperation with one elderly XP user who is quite intelligent but whose judgment is questionable. If that’s all it takes to drive long-time members away from MSFN, then perhaps it is time to pull the plug.

7 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Be on your guard, one can easily assume you live in a Siberian basement, not Miami.

That remark is typical for any and all of your MSFN accounts. Your paranoid mind can “easily assume” whatever. What I actually told you was that I now live in “Florida,” which is a large state with several cities of various sizes. I haven’t met any Russians yet. If I ever do, what government agency should I report them to?

Like I was saying before Attack of the Clones, you can drink all the vodka you want without worrying about subsidizing Putin because no brand (not even Stoli) actually comes from Russia! And if those who are still using Windows XP or Vista believe they can help to defeat Putin by using inferior antivirus software (or no antivirus software at all), then I wish you the best of luck! 🥃