U.S. blacklists Kaspersky antivirus as an unacceptable risk to national security.

Cocodile

The U.S. federal government banned the use of Kaspersky software.

By Mark Hachman, Senior Editor, PCWorld MAR 28, 2022 9:59 AM PDT

Antimalware provider Kaspersky Lab has been blacklisted by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission, adding its name alongside Huawei and ZTE as companies that are deemed a threat to national security.

The FCC maintains a list of companies which are “deemed to pose an unacceptable risk to national security or the security and safety of United States persons,” and added Kaspersky to the list on Friday. Officially, the list now includes China Mobile International USA Inc., China Telecom (Americas) Corp, and AO Kaspersky Labs, as well as their subsidiaries.

FCC Commissioner Brendan Carr said  in a statement that adding those companies to the list “will help secure our networks from threats posed by Chinese and Russian state backed entities.” If a company is on the restricted list, it can’t receive federal subsidies, Bloomberg reported. The U.S. federal government banned the use of Kaspersky software in federal information systems in 2017 because of concerns about Kaspersky’s links to the Russian government.

Individual users may continue to use products blacklisted by the FCC if they choose to do so, however. Kaspersky does not appear in PCWorld’s list of the best antivirus programs for your PC but does appear in the current list of PCWorld’s best free antivirus programs for Windows. If you try to install Kaspersky’s free tools, Windows Defender may flag Kaspersky as dangerous. We encountered the issue in our testing, though it wasn’t clear why the issues occurred.

Author: Mark Hachman, Senior Editor

As PCWorld's senior editor, Mark focuses on Microsoft news and chip technology, among other beats. He has formerly written for PCMag, BYTE, Slashdot, eWEEK, and ReadWrite.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/626854/kaspersky-blacklisted-as-a-risk-to-u-s-national-security.html

Of course Kaspersky would deny. I too deny I eat too much chocolate. I'm sure the U.S. gov. did a thorough investigation, you don't trust the U.S. gov.?

On the photo below: the creator of the Firm Kaspersky, Russian security services

KGB (FSB) officer Kaspersky Yevgeny Valentinovich.

_1.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=6cc0b9a8259c13d1a7

Edited by Cocodile

Cold War mentality struck people do what they like

Kremlin is run by Stalins Ghost ,

Speak of strategic blunder , bringing two natural Enemies together , USA is doing great work bringing peace.

If Kaspersky is threat and alleged link with Kremlin , publicly show proof.

All i can see Google , Facebook collecting huge data and trying to manipulate people's psychology , remember Cambridge Analystica.

CIA invented GHidra but cannot de compile and show alleged Kaspersky spyware

These leads to nothing but what about-ism and Political mockery which common man have nothing to do.

It is nothing new , in 90s and early 2000s USA put insane sanction on India and Clinton wanted to make sure large part of India end ups in hand of Certain Country which hidden 9/11 Perpetrator but miserably made to shallow his pride  later in his life.  India even made own x86 chips with Pentium 2 level performance , Intel suid CDAC in court , i wish i was alive to experiences that, 

Such shouting around hinders progress of science nothing else, you can stop using Kaspersky on Government System but showing warning in Windows 10 is outright violation of fair competition and laws of WTO.  yet Vodka drinking Kremlin ex-KGB bureaucrat dude invading neighbors , see all Liberal Arts degree people danger to humanity. 

Imagine tomorrow Chinese put sticker on all Apple product that this is Spy from Washington right in your pocket. 

Never Elect a Liberal Arts Person , Moral  of the story , Get STEM people.

State department run by old Bureaucrat with degree of questionable Liberal Arts are deciding fate of your country , where your elected leaders busy polarizing the country , same here in India and let say all functioning democracy,  Illuminati is not fancy organization and Deep State is nothing but bunch of old Bureaucrats   in your ountry.

My opinion Science and Technology shall not be victim of Politics and WhatAboutism,

USA is yet to take action on TikTok which is literally collecting data with proof but busy banning Kaspersky on ground of alleged Kremlin lInk. Come on man? What kind of stupidity is this, 

You wonder why voting Left and Right changes nothing much in your country , illuminati has hijacked your country sorry Respectable Beurocrats Hijacked your country.

Scope of this forum doesnt allow me to be more political but their u go.

Russian cats are getting sanctioned , atleast leave cute kitties they are not Kremlin Spies , i can assure u,but such is nature of politics

Edited by Dibya

On 12/31/2022 at 6:47 PM, Dibya said:

Cold War mentality struck people do what they like

Kremlin is run by Stalins Ghost ,

Speak of strategic blunder , bringing two natural Enemies together , USA is doing great work bringing peace.

If Kaspersky is threat and alleged link with Kremlin , publicly show proof.

All i can see Google , Facebook collecting huge data and trying to manipulate people's psychology , remember Cambridge Analystica.

CIA invented GHidra but cannot de compile and show alleged Kaspersky spyware

These leads to nothing but what about-ism and Political mockery which common man have nothing to do.

It is nothing new , in 90s and early 2000s USA put insane sanction on India and Clinton wanted to make sure large part of India end ups in hand of Certain Country which hidden 9/11 Perpetrator but miserably made to shallow his pride  later in his life.  India even made own x86 chips with Pentium 2 level performance , Intel suid CDAC in court , i wish i was alive to experiences that, 

Such shouting around hinders progress of science nothing else, you can stop using Kaspersky on Government System but showing warning in Windows 10 is outright violation of fair competition and laws of WTO.  yet Vodka drinking Kremlin ex-KGB bureaucrat dude invading neighbors , see all Liberal Arts degree people danger to humanity. 

Imagine tomorrow Chinese put sticker on all Apple product that this is Spy from Washington right in your pocket. 

Never Elect a Liberal Arts Person , Moral  of the story , Get STEM people.

State department run by old Bureaucrat with degree of questionable Liberal Arts are deciding fate of your country , where your elected leaders busy polarizing the country , same here in India and let say all functioning democracy,  Illuminati is not fancy organization and Deep State is nothing but bunch of old Bureaucrats   in your ountry.

My opinion Science and Technology shall not be victim of Politics and WhatAboutism,

USA is yet to take action on TikTok which is literally collecting data with proof but busy banning Kaspersky on ground of alleged Kremlin lInk. Come on man? What kind of stupidity is this, 

You wonder why voting Left and Right changes nothing much in your country , illuminati has hijacked your country sorry Respectable Beurocrats Hijacked your country.

Scope of this forum doesnt allow me to be more political but their u go.

Russian cats are getting sanctioned , atleast leave cute kitties they are not Kremlin Spies , i can assure u,but such is nature of politics

So don't use the "evil" US goodies ? Simple, no ?

21 hours ago, D.Draker said:

So don't use the "evil" US goodies ? Simple, no ?

I dont use evil US goodies like Google and Youtube but i use awesome US goodies like Rumble and DuckDuckGo , m.akes sense now?

14 hours ago, Dibya said:

I dont use evil US goodies like Google and Youtube but i use awesome US goodies like Rumble and DuckDuckGo , m.akes sense now?

No, because Duck is just a clone and its search results are very poor. And what is Rumble ? Never heard of it. Something russian again ?

Someone here already wrote - Duck is jewish . A guy from Mossad created it. Mossad is less "evil" than CIA, in yor opininon ?

On 1/3/2023 at 10:58 AM, D.Draker said:

No, because Duck is just a clone and its search results are very poor.

I find the search results very poor as well, but, of course, wonder why google has such "good" results ... ha ... but they just think they know me.

I've never heard of Rumble so will check it out.

EDIT:

Actually I seem to be blocking it. I see its slanted away from me and I guess I'll avoid it - I've also been avoid youtube lately as well.

Edited by XPerceniol

3 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

1- I find the search results very poor as well, but, of course, wonder why google has such "good" results ... ha ... but they just think they know me.

I've never heard of Rumble so will check it out.

EDIT:

2 - Actually I seem to be blocking it. I see its slanted away from me and I guess I'll avoid it - I've also been avoid youtube lately as well.

1- Yes, indeed !

2 - And you were/are right, 'cause looks we've got ourselves another Kaspersky. The creator surname is Pavlovski.

DuckDuckGo's creator is indeed a fraud

also the US government aren't much better than former Eastern Bloc countries in terms of supplying Trojan horses to the public in this way, though that's not to say Russia are good at all (to succeed out there you pretty much need to surrender yourself to them)

On 1/9/2023 at 9:40 AM, derpo said:

DuckDuckGo's creator is indeed a fraud

also the US government aren't much better than former Eastern Bloc countries in terms of supplying Trojan horses to the public in this way, though that's not to say Russia are good at all (to succeed out there you pretty much need to surrender yourself to them)

The US gov. does what has to be done, it gathers intel on our enemies. There is an exchange of info between NATO - it's public knowledge.

I was on several missions based on the gathered intel on suckers, the intel was solid.

EDIT: That being said, of course I'm against my phone being tapped. But then again, I was born here.

Edited by D.Draker

On 1/11/2023 at 1:25 AM, D.Draker said:

The US gov. does what has to be done, it gathers intel on our enemies. There is an exchange of info between NATO - it's public knowledge.

I was on several missions based on the gathered intel on suckers, the intel was solid.

EDIT: That being said, of course I'm against my phone being tapped. But then again, I was born here.

still dunno why all the wars, terror attacks, whatnot... in the past haven't taught people to perhaps think about solving things peacefully for a change or at the very least not invading other countries

it's a somewhat utopic attitude to it considering what our urges/instinctive manners want us to do, though

21 hours ago, derpo said:

still dunno why all the wars, terror attacks, whatnot... in the past haven't taught people to perhaps think about solving things peacefully for a change or at the very least not invading other countries

it's a somewhat utopic attitude to it considering what our urges/instinctive manners want us to do, though

Hello, Zomba (grossly misspelled you with a couple of letters, lol), glad to hear from you ! There was a point of no return after 2001, when we silently agreed to the modern crappy state of things.

Now it's too late, 'cause the jinn is out . All these"security" measures are a very good business. Look at how many "security agencies" and paramilitares are everywhere.

It all brings good bucks.

On 1/4/2023 at 4:23 PM, Tripredacus said:

Rumble is a video platform like Youtube.

Not only, not only... Rumble is above all a tool in the hands of pro-RUSSIANS to spread pro-Russian propaganda by broadcasting RT (RUSSIA Today...) to support Russian government; it is a pity that this tool of Russian propaganda also gives a little freedom to the West... it is paradoxical and disturbing! Blame the US government and other Western governments in general for causing the birth of this tool... more freedom in the West will give less propaganda tools to the Russians... of course...

Read about Rumble/RT: Rumble still airs Russia's state-controlled news channel. Its US headquarters could soon be in Sarasota:  https://wusfnews.wusf.usf.edu/politics-issues/2022-03-28/rumble-still-airs-russia-state-controlled-news-channel-headquarters-could-soon-be-in-sarasota

Report: RT and Sputnik’s Role in Russia’s Disinformation and Propaganda Ecosystemhttps://www.state.gov/report-rt-and-sputniks-role-in-russias-disinformation-and-propaganda-ecosystem/

QUORA: Is RT a Russian propaganda channel?https://www.quora.com/Is-RT-a-Russian-propaganda-channel?

Edited by msfntor
links added, highlightings