ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.2022 rebuild 3

Well I do have the following flags disabled - Keep in mind I've awful hardware and its better without trying to force something isn't there.

Hardware-accelerated video decode
Hardware-accelerated video decode where available. – Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS, Android

#disable-accelerated-video-decode

Disabled
Hardware-accelerated video encode
Hardware-accelerated video encode where available. – Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS, Android

#disable-accelerated-video-encode

Disabled
D3D11 Video Decoder
Enables D3D11VideoDecoder for hardware accelerated video decoding. – Windows

#d3d11-video-decoder

..................................................................................................................................................................

I wonder if these flags would apply as I have them at the default.

Use preferred interval for video
When enabled, the composition rate will be changed based on the videos' actual fps. – Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS

#use-preferred-interval-for-video <--- This seems a bit better tbh, but I think its default is already enabled.

Force preferred interval for video
When enabled, the composition rate is reduced to match the video playback rate irrespective of the update frequency of other page content – Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS

#force-preferred-interval-for-video <---- To me, this seems worse.

Run video capture service in browser
Run the video capture service in the browser process. – Windows

#run-video-capture-service-in-browserj <---- Also worse.

Enable LiteVideos
Enable the LiteVideo optimization to throttle media requests to reduce data usage – Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS, Android

#enable-lite-video <--- I notice no difference, but I'm unsure?

Edited by XPerceniol

I like the Language Translation, in English for me, Dropbox, unGoogled webstore.

Manually adding browser extensions is key because with the google store, it finds the latest's extensions and it doesn't install the version since it too new.

I had to locate the current version of an adblocker which was recommended on here to work with the browser version.

I'm unable to find the thread where it exampled on adding manually extensions. I was reading it prior to the newer release.

forgetful me, can anyone provide the thread to adding manual extensions please.

I don't recall a thread on manually adding extensions.

There are two types of extensions that can be added - one that is "packed" and one that is "unpacked".

An "unpacked" extension requires Developer mode.

I am assuming that you are asking about manually installing a "packed" extension.

A "packed" extension is an extension in one file with a file name ending in .crx.

.crx file is essentially a .zip file renamed as a .crx.

To manually install a .crx extension, have your file manager open to the window containing the .crx and have 360Chrome open to the extensions page then drag-and-drop the .crx file onto the extensions page "white space".

image.png.81e51fcd23862eb93695d68a9d664223.png

21 hours ago, verta said:

I'm unable to find the thread where it exampled on adding manually extensions. I was reading it prior to the newer release.

forgetful me, can anyone provide the thread to adding manual extensions please.

Hello @verta, I've find this topic only (sorry), using search site feature: Extensions and custom buttons for UXP browsers - Corrections, modifications, adjustments, and special recommendationshttps://msfn.org/board/topic/183923-extensions-and-custom-buttons-for-uxp-browsers-corrections-modifications-adjustments-and-special-recommendations/#comment-1226243

Edited by msfntor

1 hour ago, msfntor said:

Hello @verta, I've find this topic only (sorry), using search site feature: Extensions and custom buttons for UXP browsers - Corrections, modifications, adjustments, and special recommendationshttps://msfn.org/board/topic/183923-extensions-and-custom-buttons-for-uxp-browsers-corrections-modifications-adjustments-and-special-recommendations/#comment-1226243

Why do you post a link to my thread about extensions and custom buttons for UXP browsers:dubbio: @verta looks for a thread about installing extensions manually in Chrome browsers due to the topic of this thread. And he already got two correct answers above. The following equation with the Boolean truth value true applies: UXP browser ≠ Chrome browser scratch-one-s-head.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

Could/would somebody kindly shed some light on this flag. I've been experimenting with OpenGL and at times it seems better for video playback, but, also, D3D9 is better seeing as D3D11 is not avail on XP. I've tested today and it seems D3D9 is better.

Thoughts appreciated :)

untitled_video.JPG.66eb0014f4e71372dd6b9096af9ec649.JPG

And of course, the flag is also disabled:

D3D11 Video Decoder

Enables D3D11VideoDecoder for hardware accelerated video decoding. – Windows

#d3d11-video-decoder

Edited by XPerceniol

I "never" really notice any true difference with all of the video-related settings.  Font clarity is much more important to me than video.

I roll-on-the-floor in laughter at my brothers and their 65" TVs that they spent $3,000 for.  The picture clarity on my 4k 55" TV that only ran me $154 is much more my style.