My Browser Builds (Part 4)

14 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

Serpent 55 is starting up fine for me here. no crashes here or anything. This is also on a brand new profile. Am I missing something? :dubbio:

VQKv-L981ri.png

Must be something else going on, I downloaded it twice just to make sure and it won't start. I'm on Windows 7 so possibly it's related to that or drivers within the OS. The previous week's build works fine so I've gone back to that version. Same with 52 and the formhistory issue.

Are you on the win64 or win32 build? I'm using win32.

Edited by DanR20

6 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

I'm on the win32 build.

My guess is it's OS related. I'll try it in Windows 10.

Here's the full crash report:

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    basilisk.exe
  Application Version:    4.0.4.8577
  Application Timestamp:    64b170e7
  Fault Module Name:    mozjs.dll
  Fault Module Version:    0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:    64b0ca02
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    002de536
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    0a9e
  Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:    0a9e
  Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Edited by DanR20

I forgot to say, if that makes a difference, that my testing was inside a Windows XP 32-bit virtual machine, not on real hardware. But, for convenience, I also tested with a Windows 7 64-bit virtual machine, and I also didn't receive any crash there, which you mentioned above. Perhaps some users who run Windows 7 on real hardware (for example, @Mathwiz) would be kind enough to shed some light on this?

1 hour ago, mina7601 said:

Perhaps some users who run Windows 7 on real hardware

I run Win7 on real hardware.  One of my machines is used for nothing but an email client to read emails on the bedroom TV (currently doesn't even have any web browser).

But I haven't been following this thread - what needs tried on Win7 on real hardware?

My Win7 (Enterprise x64) is a 12yr old Asus X54C laptop with an i3-2310M @ 2.1 GHz w/ 4 GB RAM.

11 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

But I haven't been following this thread - what needs tried on Win7 on real hardware?

Well, Dan replied to this topic and said the following:

3 hours ago, DanR20 said:

Several bugs with today's versions. Serpent 55 won't open, it's crashing at startup with the Fault Module Name: mozjs.dll. Tried with a new profile.

In 52.0 I can't get formhistory to work in text boxes or passwords. This was always a problem on and off, if it didn't show you could re-boot and that would usually fix it but today it's not coming in at all.

Since I don't know what is formhistory, I didn't reply to the 2nd issue, so I only replied to the 1st issue (Serpent 55's startup crash). That's what I meant to shed some light on: the 1st issue.

15 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

I am running Windows XP Professional SP3 32 Bit on real hardware. Serpent 55 (2023-07-07) is starting and running fine here without any problems. Here is a screenshot as a proof:

Serpent-55.png

Cheers, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

But running the most recent version of Serpent 55 (2023-07-14) from today, basilisk.exe is crashing in the module mozjs.dll at startup such as @DanR20 already reported. Here is a screenshot:

Serpent-55-2023-07-14.png

Cheers, AstroSkipper smilie-pc-111.gif

@VistaLover Thanks for the link. Now I know what it is.

Also, I made a mistake here. I thought I was running Serpent 55 (2023-07-15), but it turns out I redownloaded (2023-07-07) again and opened it instead. Therefore, that's why it didn't crash for me, so I spread misinformation :blushing: Ok, so I had to go to https://o.rthost.win/basilisk/ to download Serpent 55 (2023-07-15) myself (since roytam didn't announce there's a new version here in this topic, and I download a new version every time it is announced here in this topic), I opened it, and can also confirm @DanR20's findings about Serpent 55. Sorry @DanR20 for the misinformation! :angel

Yes, I can confirm your words too. Here is a picture:

3-CXTlg5ils.png

19 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

But running the most recent version of Serpent 55 (2023-07-14) from today, basilisk.exe is crashing in the module mozjs.dll at startup such as @DanR20 already reported. Here is a screenshot:

Serpent-55-2023-07-14.png

Cheers, AstroSkipper smilie-pc-111.gif

Thanks for reporting, glad I'm not the only one.

2 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

@VistaLover Thanks for the link. Now I know what it is.

Also, I made a mistake here. I thought I was running Serpent 55 (2023-07-15), but it turns out I redownloaded (2023-07-07) again and opened it instead. Therefore, that's why it didn't crash for me, so I spread misinformation :blushing: Ok, so I had to go to https://o.rthost.win/basilisk/ to download Serpent 55 (2023-07-15) myself (since roytam didn't announce there's a new version here in this topic, and I download a new version every time it is announced here in this topic), I opened it, and can also confirm @DanR20's findings about Serpent 55. Sorry @DanR20 for the misinformation! :angel

Yes, I can confirm your words too. Here is a picture:

3-CXTlg5ils.png

No problem, I should have mentioned it was today's. Last week's runs perfect.

Edited by DanR20