My Browser Builds (Part 4)

On 7/10/2023 at 2:21 AM, UCyborg said:

Another oddity, when I deleted the profile, the browser didn't ask if I want to "install" the two extensions I put in the browser's folder in browser\extensions subfolder, which it did the first time around.

This oddity I had already observed in old Firefox versions. Sometimes, extensions, which had been placed in the browser's folder in browser\extensions subfolder, weren't recognized when starting the browser. Maybe, this issue hasn't been really fixed and is thus still present in all forks. Just an assumption! In my case, I therefore don't place extensions there anymore.

3 hours ago, PPeti66x said:

@Roytam1

Another bug is discovered in NM 27: Printing is not possible. It crashes immediately (all 3 buttons: Page Setup..., Print Preview, Print...). I do not know, which release introduced it, cca. 2 months before it worked.

alright I can reproduce a crash, and a possible fix is committed.

On 7/10/2023 at 2:32 AM, VistaLover said:

Hi @Proteus :) ; let me assure you you're not imagining things here ;) ; there's definitely something broken in the downloads API of the latest batch of the UXP releases :( , as I've found myself when updating to the latest St52 (32-bit) ...

For starters, something has reset the user-set default download action based on file-extension :angry: ; clicking on a link to a zip file, I was presented with below "choose window":

Q6XtYta.png

For years, my default DL action was "Save File" ; I had to set this anew ...

I'm also using the "Downloads Window" legacy extension, which approximates the old, Fx24-era, "toolkit" DL window, but that shouldn't matter, because the extension hooks directly to the "Library=>Downloads" interface...

Immediately after saving the zip file shown above, the DLs Window appears completely empty (as reported):

tJvh9Yp.png

When I invoked that window a second time (via the toolbar DL button), only the latest DL entry of the session appears, and even that without its details (size, domain, time):

7LMcxot.png

Scrolling down in that 1-entry window makes previous entries magically appear, again without their DL details:

y1PcFOD.png

The only way to fix those DL "oddities" is a browser restart, after which things return to a "normal" state:

bCJqqsj.png

Previous St52 x86 build did not suffer from these bugs...

@roytam1 , in your "DL-manager-extensions" related post you cited the new IntlAPI commits as the probable culprit, do you think that:

[network] Prepare for requiring Authorization in CORS ACAH preflight

and:

[XPCOM] Win: Update executable extension list

could have also played a part towards the DL breakages? Thanks in advance for any insight :) ...

so upstream released new version now, lets see if they hit same issue or not

1 hour ago, roytam1 said:

so upstream released new version now

https://repo.palemoon.org/MoonchildProductions/Pale-Moon/releases/tag/32.3.0_Release

Changes/fixes:

Added the (hidden) preference browser.history.menuMaxResults to allow users to control how many history entries are listed in the menu. Setting this to 0 will hide history menu entries altogether, and any positive number configures how many entries the entries are limited to. The default if not defined is 15.

This was actually PM#1925 (and PM#1926) :) ; could this be, hopefully, backported to also cover Serpent 52.9.0, please? :wub:

Edited by VistaLover

2 hours ago, basilisk-dev said:

I'm planning on backporting this to Basilisk.

Thanks for that info :thumbup and much obliged in advance :wub:; waiting hasn't hurt anyone, I guess ;) ; thanks in advance to Roy :wub: , too, for when the backport gets merged "here"...

OT1: Today's Bing Search homepage image was a dense set of buildings/flats, the info about it told it was a night view of Hong Kong:

https://www.bing.com/th?id=OHR.WorldPopDay_ROW3908629060_1920x1080.jpg

@roytam1, are you able to spot your own flat there :P ?

OT2: @basilisk-dev : I honestly hope you're not located in those parts of The States afflicted by record high temperatures... If you are, I can surely empathise, since from July 12th a very intense and prolonged heatwave, originating from Northern Africa/The Sahara Desert, will find its way towards my area of the world... Anyone still thinking "Climate Change" is safely many years to come? :whistle:

Edited by VistaLover

5 hours ago, feodor2 said:

Hi @roytam1

I have new trouble to build from the source, already switched to custom platform.

Get ERROR: Cannot find project application/basilisk in the very begining

it should work by specifying in mozconfig:

ac_add_options --enable-application=basilisk

17 hours ago, VistaLover said:

OT2: @basilisk-dev : I honestly hope you're not located in those parts of The States afflicted by record high temperatures... If you are, I can surely empathise, since from July 12th a very intense and prolonged heatwave, originating from Northern Africa/The Sahara Desert, will find its way towards my area of the world... Anyone still thinking "Climate Change" is safely many years to come? :whistle:

I'm not in the southeastern part of the US, but where I live it is hotter than usual for this time of year. My family who lives in those areas has told me that it's so hot that they basically have to stay inside 24/7, going outside for even 5 minutes is unbearable.

18 hours ago, roytam1 said:

it should work by specifying in mozconfig:

ac_add_options --enable-application=basilisk

The error is the same, also i tried to move basilisk dir from the application to the main uxp dir.

If to switch to the custom branch it is fine, but you told earlier to switch exactly to the custom-platform, so something broken there.

6 hours ago, basilisk-dev said:

I'm not in the southeastern part of the US, but where I live it is hotter than usual for this time of year. 

the plus side is that winter is warmer and you can go out take sun or the cold period won't last 6 long months.

I don't complain for a heatwave that may last a week because last year it's been that way for 3 long months

12 hours ago, roytam1 said:

... I've been following that report :P, thanks, but as of yet, despite a "complaining" DownloadUtils.jsm file, @martok, the author of the culprit Intl code, still can't reproduce <_< ... Perhaps it'd be wise to point him to the recent, relevant, posts here, affecting NM28 and St52's native download managers :dubbio:...