My Browser Builds (Part 4)

4 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Same here. :no: The CSS code of youtube-nyan-cat-progress-bar-video-player-theme can't be obtained from userstyles.org in New Moon 28, Serpent 52 or Mypal 68. :realmad: Only in New Moon 28 (old profile) and Serpent 52, the website https://userstyles.org/styles/95033/youtube-nyan-cat-progress-bar-video-player-theme opens but same black window only containing "{ }" which you posted above. In New Moon 28 (fresh profile) and Mypal 68, the website cannot be opened at all. :thumbdown

FWIW, the site can't be opened in Firefox 121 either (for me at least).

Only recent Chromium opens it, but "Show CSS" is empty as well.

Style does not install.

7 hours ago, dmiranda said:

Does anyone know if there is a version of ublock origin working in mailnews?

Hello Miranda. I don't use mailnews. What I can tell you -if it's relevant- is that when uBlock fails to block any ads I block them with Adblocker Ultimate 2.26. Those are the only two extensions I use for ads and I use them simultaneously. They complement each other quite well.

I used uMatrix in the past but I abandoned it because Serpent behaved in a very heavy way and the pages took a long time to load. I realized that I don't need such a powerful tool.

5 hours ago, nicolaasjan said:
9 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Same here. :no: The CSS code of youtube-nyan-cat-progress-bar-video-player-theme can't be obtained from userstyles.org in New Moon 28, Serpent 52 or Mypal 68. :realmad: Only in New Moon 28 (old profile) and Serpent 52, the website https://userstyles.org/styles/95033/youtube-nyan-cat-progress-bar-video-player-theme opens but same black window only containing "{ }" which you posted above. In New Moon 28 (fresh profile) and Mypal 68, the website cannot be opened at all. :thumbdown

Expand  

FWIW, the site can't be opened in Firefox 121 either (for me at least).

Only recent Chromium opens it, but "Show CSS" is empty as well.

Style does not install.

Yep, I fear that the userstyles.org website has a fundamental problem, apart from its sluggishness when loading in NM28 and SP52. I have the latest browsers on my Android tablet, and they all show {} instead of the CSS code. :thumbdown Therefore, I consider this website, even if it can be loaded in many browsers, to be completely unusable for the provision of CSS code which is, of course, the actual purpose of this service.

PS: And it doesn't matter whether one is logged in or not. :no: Just tested.

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

3 hours ago, chermany4ever said:

Hello Miranda. I don't use mailnews. What I can tell you -if it's relevant- is that when uBlock fails to block any ads I block them with Adblocker Ultimate 2.26. Those are the only two extensions I use for ads and I use them simultaneously. They complement each other quite well.

Hi there!I'll check if adblocker installs and works in mailnews. My main interest is https://github.com/AdguardTeam/cname-trackers, which works in ublock (but ublock 1.16 doesn't work in mailnews). I will test with adblocker or other similar. Thanks!

14 hours ago, dmiranda said:

Hi. Does anyone know if there is a version of ublock origin working in mailnews? Thanks.

uBlock Origin Legacy can be installed and works in MailNews. Here is a screenshot taken from my installation:

Mail-News-u-Block-Origin.png

Go to my post uBlock Origin Legacy modified by @AstroSkipper - Part 3 and download my latest mod uBlock0_1.16.4.31b2-1.49.2.firefox-legacy-filter-lists-mod-by-@AstroSkipper.xpi!

Cheers, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

2 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Go to my post uBlock Origin Legacy modified by @AstroSkipper - Part 3 and download my latest mod uBlock0_1.16.4.31b2-1.49.2.firefox-legacy-filter-lists-mod-by-@AstroSkipper.xpi!

Thanks!

Note that:

• "AdGuard URL Tracking Protection" won't work. It uses a newer syntax ($removeparam), not supported by Legacy...
  • "uBlock filters - Resource abuse" was moved to "Custom" ("Aangepast" in Dutch) because it is now redundant (used 0 out of 57). It is merged with "uBlock filters - Privacy" (see here).
  • There seems to be some bug with "Annoyances"( "Storende elementen" in Dutch). Clicking on '+' does nothing...:
  • spacer.png

Maybe some more tweaking is needed?

Edited by nicolaasjan

20 minutes ago, nicolaasjan said:

Thanks!

Note that:

• "AdGuard URL Tracking Protection" won't work. It uses a newer syntax ($removeparam), not supported by Legacy...
  • "uBlock filters - Resource abuse" was moved to "Custom" ("Aangepast" in Dutch) because it is now redundant (used 0 out of 57). It is merged with "uBlock filters - Privacy" (see here).
  • There seems to be some bug with "Annoyances"( "Storende elementen" in Dutch). Clicking on '+' does nothing...:
  • spacer.png

I didn't notice that as I don't use these filters. I will have a look into that when I am at my desktop computer again. But I'm not at all surprised if incompatibilities occur at some point. Finally, I have transferred the filter lists from the webextension 1.49.2 to the legacy extension 1.16.4.31b2. :P In any case,  thanks for reporting! :)

3 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:
4 hours ago, nicolaasjan said:

Thanks!

Note that:

• spacer.png

I didn't notice that as I don't use these filters. I will have a look into that when I am at my desktop computer again. But I'm not at all surprised if incompatibilities occur at some point. Finally, I have transferred the filter lists from the webextension 1.49.2 to the legacy extension 1.16.4.31b2. :P In any case,  thanks for reporting! :)

@nicolaasjan! I found the crux of all these issues. Only copy and paste the content of the assets folder doesn't seem to be sufficient anymore. :no: I am currently in the process of creating a new, special mod. More about that in my thread Extensions and custom buttons for UXP browsers - Corrections, modifications, adjustments, and special recommendations as soon as possible.

Can someone help me please? I have been trying to connect my Gmail account to MailNews, but it always gives me this error message, which I don't understand what it means. I am using the OAuth2 authentication method, and the version of MailNews I use is (2023-12-21). Thanks!

u-Yh-QNE0-Ea-T.png

36 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

I found the crux of all these issues. Only copy and paste the content of the assets folder doesn't seem to be sufficient anymore. :no: I am currently in the process of creating a new, special mod. More about that in my thread Extensions and custom buttons for UXP browsers - Corrections, modifications, adjustments, and special recommendations as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance!

I'm looking forward to it. :)

(be sure that you don't make the file name to long for Windows ;) )

17 minutes ago, nicolaasjan said:

(be sure that you don't make the file name to long for Windows ;) )

If only people here updated their OS every once in a while.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/fileio/maximum-file-path-limitation?tabs=registry#enable-long-paths-in-windows-10-version-1607-and-later :whistle:

Am I the only one that finds it odd that people here want to have everything updated except the OS? No, those silly POS updates or whatever they call them don't make your OS updated.

1 hour ago, UCyborg said:

Am I the only one that finds it odd that people here want to have everything updated except the OS? No, those silly POS updates or whatever they call them don't make your OS updated.

This thread is about browsers for old OSes as you surely know. These OSes can't be updated anymore. And you know that, too. So what is your comment about? All what can be updated here are browsers and extensions. So what is silly regarding this? TBH, nothing. nimportequoi.gif And nobody is forced to use the old stuff, of course. smilie_denk_24.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

9 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

uBlock Origin Legacy can be installed and works in MailNews. Here is a screenshot taken from my installation:

Hi. I tried. I could install, but unfortunately, I cannot enter the dashboard, nor the logger. I'll wait and try your new version. Thanks!

Edited by dmiranda