@Fedor - The latest version crashed for me after a while on vcruntime dll...  It was stable for a day though...  I set the tab process count to 3 from 1, maybe that's why.  I have to go back to Thorium for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Posted (edited)

@mockingbird

Please elaborate how to reproduce the crash, tab process count do not matter here

If I not reproduce then you are to give drwatson.log

The new version is out where I have fixed crashes, not sure about yours though

Edited by feodor2

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, feodor2 said:

@mockingbird

Please elaborate how to reproduce the crash, tab process count do not matter here

If I not reproduce then you are to give drwatson.log

The new version is out where I have fixed crashes, not sure about yours though

@feodor2

Do this:  Go to youtube.  Next, open a private window and open youtube.  Log into your account on youtube in the private window.

Do this for a while and browse websites in the normal window...  Eventually, it will crash after a day.

Edited by mockingbird

Posted (edited)
On 6/1/2024 at 11:17 PM, feodor2 said:

The new version is out where I have fixed crashes [...]

On codeberg.org there is an error:

Outdated, today it's OK.

codeberg.jpg.a158802d8e309b87fa29575cbab501c8.jpg

Edited by egrabrych

On Sun Jun 02 2024 (GMT+0000) at 6:53 AM, mockingbird said:

Go to youtube.  Next, open a private window and open youtube.  Log into your account on youtube in the private window.

Do this for a while and browse websites in the normal window...  Eventually, it will crash after a day.

I know youtube monstrosity, and run browser against it for days and fix bugs then, though I never tried private windows, also I do not have an account,

If this about it then I wont catch the bug, let to be sure the account matters.

This problem did not occur in earlier versions of MyPal68.

When trying to open the website https://allegro.pl/ there is a request:  Confirm you are a human.
After accepting this request, a picture is displayed, where you need to move the puzzle to the right place (you can do it) - only after this operation the desired website opens.
Can a change of settings in about: config can help here?

1.jpg

2.jpg

On Wed Jun 05 2024 (GMT+0000) at 8:20 PM, egrabrych said:

This problem did not occur in earlier versions of MyPal68.

When trying to open the website https://allegro.pl/ there is a request:  Confirm you are a human.
After accepting this request, a picture is displayed, where you need to move the puzzle to the right place (you can do it) - only after this operation the desired website opens.
Can a change of settings in about: config can help here?

1.jpg

2.jpg

I did not get this captcha when I called it up in Mypal 68.14.2b from Germany. And TBH, this website is totally bloated and cumbersome. :thumbdown Good stuff for my Android tablet if at all. :P

@feodor2 Just a short feedback. Your most recent release Mypal 68.14.2b is really great. A lot of improvements and better web compatibility. Even Codeberg does not show an error anymore as far as I can see. Many thanks for your efforts! Great release! :)

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, 66cats said:

Now that Mycroft Project's dead (the site's still up, but broken), how can i add custom search engines to Mypal?

Try to load search plugins via the Wayback Machine which offers many copies of the Mycroft Project! Or, you use extensions to add search engines as, for example, the one I already described here: https://msfn.org/board/topic/183657-mypal-68-in-windows-xp-custom-buttons-and-extensions/?do=findComment&comment=1254846 And you can add new search engines by clicking the green plus icon in the search bar only if the current website offers to add it, of course.

• 3 weeks later...
MyPal v 68.14.1

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Application Popup
Event Category: None
Event ID: 26
Description:
Application popup: mypal.exe - Application Error : The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000001d)

PC: IntelP3

47 minutes ago, exogenesis said:

MyPal v 68.14.1

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Application Popup
Event Category: None
Event ID: 26
Description:
Application popup: mypal.exe - Application Error : The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000001d)

PC: IntelP3

you need a SSE-only version