ProxHTTPSProxy and HTTPSProxy in Windows XP for future use

AstroSkipper

3 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

So it does, but that's not very intuitive IMO.
I would have expected to have to right-click on the minimise button, not the close button!

Fair enough, but using TrayIt! will also get rid of the extra tray icon problem, as it can hide its own icon.
I'm a bit surprised that Min2Tray can't do that, being as it's a system tray utility, but I guess their view is that you should always be able to immediately access the program.
:)

My release needs Min2Tray. I have integrated it and adjusted it to work with ProxHTTPSProxy properly. :yes:

11 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

My release needs Min2Tray. I have integrated it and adjusted it to work with ProxHTTPSProxy properly.

Can you detail this "integration"?

If it's just a hotkey, then perhaps Dave-H could remove the autostart registry entry for Min2Tray and set his TrayIt! to use the same hotkey.  ???

9 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

My release needs Min2Tray. I have integrated it and adjusted it to work with ProxHTTPSProxy properly. :yes:

@Dave-H, @NotHereToPlayGames! A general positive side-effect of right-clicking on the close button of a window is that it minimizes almost any other program windows. Try it! It works with browsers like NM or with Notepad++, for example. :yes:

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Can you detail this "integration"?

If it's just a hotkey, then perhaps Dave-H could remove the autostart registry entry for Min2Tray and set his TrayIt! to use the same hotkey.  ???

The configuration utility Configure PopMenu.exe was programmed by me for calling up a second configuration utility Setup Min2Tray.exe to setup the whole package automatically. Settings will be done like adding ProxHTTPSProxy on the StartupMinimized list of Min2Tray, and so on. Of course, you can modify my package, you can create new utilities to integrate TrayIt! in the package and to adjust it. I won't do that! Min2Tray is great and better than TrayIt!. jexplique.gif And who said it's just a hotkey? vertsennuie.gif It is much more than that! :yes: In simple words: Min2Tray is deeply integrated  and interwoven with the complete package. :yes:

PS: When you execute the main configuration utility Configure PopMenu.exe, you can see in its window the detailed steps which are performed. I commented each step which has to be performed. You can check it! :yes:

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

8 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

And here are still some ideas for testing: idee.gif

• Try to install the program package by using different paths!
  • Check if my configuration utility "Configure PopMenu" does its job properly in your system!
  • Read the documentation and check if it is complete and understandable!
  • Try out all provided features!
  • After applying my configuration program, perform a restart and check if the programs Min2Tray and PopMenu were started automatically!
  • Check if the proxy settings are activated after executing the file "StartProxy.exe", and deactivated after closing the proxy in different ways!
  • Call up different websites and also TLS testing websites while using the proxy!

And what about these points? I would like to know what you tested in detail. Minimizing of windows is only one feature. And it seems to work as expected. :) But no problem, tomorrow is another day! :thumbup Do all relaxed! But what about @George King? Simply lost!? :dubbio: And @XPerceniol! Everything alright? Did you get it working?

Cheers, AstroSkipper kaffeepc.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

Try to install the program package by using different paths!

All seems fine, no problem with spaces!

Check if my configuration utility "Configure PopMenu" does its job properly in your system!

Yes, it worked perfectly.

Read the documentation and check if it is complete and understandable!

I think so, as long as people read it fully of course (which I didn't initially!) and remember what it says. It's all there.

Try out all provided features!

All work as advertised.

After applying my configuration program, perform a restart and check if the programs Min2Tray and PopMenu were started automatically!

Yes they were.

Check if the proxy settings are activated after executing the file "StartProxy.exe", and deactivated after closing the proxy in different ways!

All seems fine.

Call up different websites and also TLS testing websites while using the proxy!

TLS v1.3 connections fine in IE8!

:thumbup

24 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

Try to install the program package by using different paths!

All seems fine, no problem with spaces!

Check if my configuration utility "Configure PopMenu" does its job properly in your system!

Yes, it worked perfectly.

Read the documentation and check if it is complete and understandable!

I think so, as long as people read it fully of course (which I didn't initially!) and remember what it says. It's all there.

Try out all provided features!

All work as advertised.

After applying my configuration program, perform a restart and check if the programs Min2Tray and PopMenu were started automatically!

Yes they were.

Check if the proxy settings are activated after executing the file "StartProxy.exe", and deactivated after closing the proxy in different ways!

All seems fine.

Call up different websites and also TLS testing websites while using the proxy!

TLS v1.3 connections fine in IE8!

:thumbup

Dear @Dave-H, thanks a lot! That's what I wanted to know. :yes: Glad all features and points from my list work as they should. You are great! ssupercool2.gif And many thanks for your check of grammatical and spelling errors! And now a short hint for you and all other testers. You can open the settings of Min2Tray and enable "middle mouse click anywhere in the window" to minimize ProxHTTPSProxy's status window alternatively. :thumbup I will add this to the preset.

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction

Thanks, a great pleasure to be able to help.

One thing still puzzling me.
As an experiment, I have tried setting things up as I had before, using TrayIt!
All still works fine, but why exactly does ProxHTTPSProxy.exe now have to have a delayed start?
I put it in the 'run' key in my registry, but it doesn't run.
It only runs if I delay it.
Is this because PopMenu is preventing it from running somehow until PopMenu is complexly loaded?
:dubbio:

1 minute ago, Dave-H said:

Same here.  But I also prefer to delay the load.  I want ALL icons in the systray, I do NOT "hide" inactive icons, I want them ALL THERE.  But I also want them in the same EXACT order each and every time I restart by computer.

I use r2 Studios Startup Delayer to start all programs in a specific order, delay an appropriate amount of time, then start the next program - all to achieve an EXACT order in the systray.

2 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Same here.  But I also prefer to delay the load.  I want ALL icons in the systray, I do NOT "hide" inactive icons, I want them ALL THERE.  But I also want them in the same EXACT order each and every time I restart by computer.

I use r2 Studios Startup Delayer to start all programs in a specific order, delay an appropriate amount of time, then start the next program - all to achieve an EXACT order in the systray.

Me too!
Off-topic here, but I use a program called SysTrayUtil, which someone here wrote and posted about a while ago.
It's a bit fiddly to set up, but it works brilliantly, all my system tray icons are now always exactly as I want them.
:yes:

Just now, Dave-H said:

Thanks, a great pleasure to be able to help.

One thing still puzzling me.
As an experiment, I have tried setting things up as I had before, using TrayIt!
All still works fine, but why exactly does ProxHTTPSProxy.exe now have to have a delayed start?
I put it in the 'run' key in my registry, but it doesn't run.
Is this because PopMenu is preventing it from running somehow until PopMenu is complexly loaded?
:dubbio:

I observed the same behaviour. If it is loaded too early, it can't find its working directory. Maybe, I can fix that but presumably, not before the next release. I have to find the cause. But there are other programs in Windows which behave in a similar way. They need some modules or environment conditions not existing in a early phase of Windows startup.

8 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

2 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

Me too!
Off-topic here, but I use a program called SysTrayUtil, which someone here wrote and posted about a while ago.
It's a bit fiddly to set up, but it works brilliantly, all my system tray icons are now always exactly as I want them.
:yes:

Spoken for me only, the order of the icons doesn't matter at all. I disable all unnecessary systray icons in their program settings if possible. In my systray, only useful icons are allowed to exist. :yes: