ProxHTTPSProxy and HTTPSProxy in Windows XP for future use

AstroSkipper

19 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

The document has already been corrected. Thanks a lot! It is really a problem of my visual acuity, too.
And yes, you have missed this information:
This is a quotation taken from the manual:

:)
A general autostart of ProxHTTPSProxy is not a feature of this version, but will be one in the next version although most of us, presumably, this feature don't really need. :dubbio:

Ah, understood!
I was caught out because the proxy always used to start on boot by default for me with previous installations.
I need it running all the time because my e-mails in Eudora don't display properly without it.
I have Startup Delayer already installed and running to delay other things, so I will just use that.
:yes:

13 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

Ah, understood!
I was caught out because the proxy always used to start on boot by default for me with previous installations.
I need it running all the time because my e-mails in Eudora don't display properly without it.
I have Startup Delayer already installed and running to delay other things, so I will just use that.
:yes:

I wrote the text about the autostart of ProxHTTPSProxy only for you. I knew you will ask for that. :yes: Same as last time! Right?

Edited by AstroSkipper
addition

14 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

I wrote the text about the autostart of ProxHTTPSProxy only for you. I knew you will ask for that. :yes: Same as last time! Right?

Probably!
:D

Everything is working here.

About the only oddity I see is more of a comparison to older versions of ProxHTTPSProxy but it may have been the Launcher.exe that I was using.

In your version, you can click on the "blue circle" systray icon to maximize the window, but then the systray icon disappears.

In older versions of ProxHTTPSProxy, the systray icon would remain and you could click the icon again to minimize the window.

Only other observation I see is that the ReadMeFirst file references a "ProxHTTPSProxy Cert Installer" and I could not find that file in my download.

17 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

And, just to provide a little information about the next release, the popmenu will get submenus to clean up the main menu. :yes: :thumbup

Sounds good!
Delaying ProxHTTPSProxy.exe auto-starting by 10 seconds with Startup Delayer does work.
I'm afraid from my experiments at the moment I prefer my TrayIt! solution though.
I got really used to just being able to click on the Proxy icon to bring its window up, and clicking it again to put it back in the tray.

7 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

Sounds good!
Delaying ProxHTTPSProxy.exe auto-starting by 10 seconds with Startup Delayer does work.
I'm afraid from my experiments at the moment I prefer my TrayIt! solution though.
I got really used to just being able to click on the Proxy icon to bring its window up, and clicking it again to put it back in the tray.

14 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Everything is working here.

About the only oddity I see is more of a comparison to older versions of ProxHTTPSProxy but it may have been the Launcher.exe that I was using.

In your version, you can click on the "blue circle" systray icon to maximize the window, but then the systray icon disappears.

In older versions of ProxHTTPSProxy, the systray icon would remain and you could click the icon again to minimize the window.

Only other observation I see is that the ReadMeFirst file references a "ProxHTTPSProxy Cert Installer" and I could not find that file in my download.

You can minimize all windows by a right-click on its close button And a further clicking on the systray icon will restore the window. Please read in the section about Min2Tray! :yes: You both overlooked information in my manual. :yes:

Edited by AstroSkipper
addition

BTW, Min2Tray offers a lot of features! I don't like TrayIt!. Min2Tray is much better. :thumbup :yes: And there are hotkeys for minimizing and restoring, ALT + M and ALT+ R. It's my preset. :) Read my documentation carefully! There is a lot of information inside! :whistle:

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

14 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

You can minimize all windows by a right-click on its close button And a further clicking on the systray icon will restore the window. Please read in the section about Min2Tray! :yes: You both overlooked information in my manual. :yes:

So it does, but that's not very intuitive IMO.
I would have expected to have to right-click on the minimise button, not the close button!

8 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

BTW, Min2Tray offers a lot of features! I don't like TrayIt!. Min2Tray is much better. :thumbup :yes:

Fair enough, but using TrayIt! will also get rid of the extra tray icon problem, as it can hide its own icon.
I'm a bit surprised that Min2Tray can't do that, being as it's a system tray utility, but I guess their view is that you should always be able to immediately access the program.
:)

24 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

It's there.

Virtual-Box-Windows-XP-SP3-31-07-2022-20