ProxHTTPSProxy and HTTPSProxy in Windows XP for future use

AstroSkipper

26 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

Hello again, my dear beta testers! :hello:
My starter program is now of version 3.2.0.0 and should even run with install paths containing spaces. I am very excited if it now works for you all. :yes:

Cheers, AstroSkipper kaffeepc.gif

I didn't get the new version.  Could be because I keep my inbox empty and you'll have to send as a "new" PM.  Thanks in advance.

6 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I didn't get the new version.  Could be because I keep my inbox empty and you'll have to send as a "new" PM.  Thanks in advance.

No problem! I'll send you the fix a second time. :yes: But a bit strange, I could see all links in our private zone. :dubbio:

Edited by AstroSkipper
addition

2 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Hello again, my dear beta testers! :hello:
My starter program is now of version 3.2.0.0 and should even run with install paths containing spaces. I am very excited if it now works for you all. :yes:

Cheers, AstroSkipper kaffeepc.gif

Strange, this time, I did not have any problems with paths having spaces, but, thanks for the new version anyway.

And, by the way, I am really begining to hate these d**n spaces. fluch.gif Same problems as last time! :realmad: :D

Oh yes, you are giving me PopMenu 3V1's flashbacks!

Of course! It's the same problem as it was with my starter program. It can't find its working directory in the early boot phase of Windows. The code inside the starter program has to point to its working directory. :yes:

Understood, but your original version of StartProxy.exe was starting on boot correctly, it was only ProxHTTPSProxy.exe that wasn't (and still isn't of course).
:dubbio:

Edited by Dave-H
Corrected the file name!

1 minute ago, Dave-H said:

Understood, but your original version of ProxyStart.exe was starting on boot correctly, it was only ProxHTTPSProxy.exe that wasn't (and still isn't of course).

No, my original version of ProxyStart.exe was starting on boot correctly only with a delay of 10 seconds, with less or no delay it didn't work, either. :no:

25 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

Strange, this time, I did not have any problems with paths having spaces, but, thanks for the new version anyway.

Did you try the first fixed version of 3.1.0.0 automatically at Windows startup without any delay? :dubbio:Then, you'd have observed the problem, only if your install path contains spaces, of course. :yes:

Edited by AstroSkipper
addition

11 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

Did you try the first fixed version of 3.1.0.0 automatically at Windows startup without any delay? :dubbio:Then, you'd have observed the problem, only if your install path contains spaces, of course. :yes:

Now, I tried it, and yes, you were right, it got me a "Windows cannot find" error. I tried it on a path with spaces, of course.

3.2.0.0 does work properly, though.

Edited by mina7601

19 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

No, my original version of StartProxy.exe was starting on boot correctly only with a delay of 10 seconds, with less or no delay it didn't work, either. :no:

Now I am puzzled.
I thought it was actually OK with the original version of StartProxy.exe, and I've now confirmed it.
I've put the original version (3.0.0.0) back, and it still starts fine on boot, with no delay applied.
It was only ProxHTTPSProxy.exe that showed the problem and had to be delayed.