ProxHTTPSProxy and HTTPSProxy in Windows XP for future use

AstroSkipper

15 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Just an additional observation! I have two different Windows XP Professional SP3 partitions on my old computer. On the one all POSReady updates are installed, on the other none. After several tests of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu TLS 1.3 3V3  on both partitions, I can confirm that no POSReady updates are necessary to run the proxy. it does not seem to matter to have installed any POSReady updates to access websites in IE via TLS 1.3. It simply works. :thumbup

One thing I forgot to mention. Of course, the MU website won't work without additional steps as described in my "Complete guide for restoring IE's access to WU/MU website using ProxHTTPSProxy or HTTPSProxy in Windows XP": 
https://msfn.org/board/topic/183498-general-and-specific-solutions-for-problems-regarding-auwumu-in-windows-xp/?do=findComment&comment=1216509  
That means, unfortunately, you need a few POSReady updates to access the MU website using the TLS 1.3 proxy as it also was if using @heinoganda's TLS 1.2 version.

Cheers, AstroSkipper ecrire-ordi.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

On 7/27/2022 at 1:40 PM, AstroSkipper said:

Hello again! This is the schedule of tasks to be done for ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu TLS 1.3 3V3:
Writing a complete documentation (that is not so much fun! ecrire.gif lire2.gif), private testing of my package, fixing of potential bugs, creating an archive containing all necessary files, a short beta test, and then publishing my release of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu TLS 1.3 3V3. You see a bit of work has still to be done. So, stay tuned! :thumbup

Cheers, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

Hello, just a short update!  The writing of documentation has been finished, hopefully (all the flies have suddenly disappeared, very strange! lire2.gif). I did a lot of tests, performed a few adjustments. Fortunately, no new bugs have been occurred. At the moment I am creating the archive containing all necessary files. Furthermore, some final test have to be performed to finish private testing. And then, very soon, the beta testing can be started. So, stay tuned! upp.gif

Cheers, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

1 hour ago, AstroSkipper said:

Hi @George King! Unfortunately, I don't really understand your request. I might only assume what you meant. :dubbio: But that's not my way. :no: Can you clearly say what I should let you know? :)

Kind regards, AstroSkipper :hello:

I means this :) 

Furthermore, some final test have to be performed to finish private testing. And then, very soon, the beta testing can be started.

Beta testing of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu TLS 1.3 3V3 :cheerleader:

As far as I can see, the beta test of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu TLS 1.3 3V3 can be started tomorrow, on Sunday. sablierr.gif First of all, some important information for my beta testers.
Based on the experiences from the last and, for me, very first beta test, here are a few small rules to ensure that everything runs smoothly. ssuper5sur5.gif The beta test will be performed publicly. Only the download link of my archive will be provided via PM, and all possible fixes, too. Any problems, questions or suggestions of improvement should be posted and discussed here in this thread to keep the others informed and involved. Post both, positives and negatives, it doesn't matter, I am tough! :yes: Keep me informed from time to time what's going on in testing and provide results! Any feedback is welcome and important! ssupercool2.gif The targeted OS is Windows XP Professional SP3 with or without POSReady updates. You can also test the program in Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, but in this case I can't help or fix problems if the issue is caused by the 64 Bit architecture. The reason for that is I do not have this OS, and I can't install it. :no: My computer is a 32 Bit machine. More information tomorrow!

Cheers, AstroSkipper ecrire-ordi.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

On 5/26/2022 at 6:27 AM, AstroSkipper said:

Just a reminder! This thread here is about our proxies ProxHTTPSProxy and HTTPSProxy. All discussions about browsers relating to these proxies are welcome! But general considerations of browsers should be done in browser related threads! Otherwise, we were totally off-topic and that wouldn't be good! :no:

Cheers, AstroSkipper :)

I will try Lol..

Enjoying the read thus far, and as you can see I go backward from end to start (I'm backwards) See... hard for me to stay on topic. 

Kidding aside:

5/26 is all I can get thought today and will be hopeful and thank you for your hard work!

28 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

I will try Lol..

Enjoying the read thus far, and as you can see I go backward from end to start (I'm backwards) See... hard for me to stay on topic. 

Kidding aside:

5/26 is all I can get thought today and will be hopeful and thank you for your hard work!

Thanks a lot for reading my posts and your kind words! But divide your energy and don't overextend yourself, you'll need a bit of it tomorrow. Take care of yourself! See you tomorrow! :yes:

Greetings from Germany, AstroSkipper captain.gif

Beta testing of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu TLS 1.3 3V3 

Hello to all! :hello: In exactly three hours, the beta test will be starting! 02:00 PM, German time UTC+2! sablierr.gif

Cheers, AstroSkipper ende.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

Beta testing of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu TLS 1.3 3V3 :cheerleader:

A warm welcome to all my beta testers! 
@Dave-H, @mina7601, @XPerceniol, @George King, @NotHereToPlayGamesbonjour11.gif
Today is the day! Just a few minutes, and the beta test of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu TLS 1.3 3V3 will be starting! @George King will test my program package with a special focus on Windows XP Professional x64 Edition. Of course, the main focus will be in a properly working of my program package in Windows XP, but besides that, another focus should also be on the documentation in terms of completeness and traceability. Actually, the documentation should be sufficient to install and use my program package without any additional information. Therefore, I would like to ask everyone to really read both documents and report any discrepancies, including grammatical and spelling errors, especially @Dave-H and @XPerceniol, as native English speakers. I did my very best in writing as complete as possible. And last not least, @mina7601 and @NotHereToPlayGames will be the allrounder, testing whatever can be tested. I count on you all! And honestly, I appreciate all of you very much! ssupercool2.gif

Here are some hints before starting to install my program package: ordi1fun.gif

• Delete all autostart entries referring to the programs PopMenu and ProxHTTPSProxy!
  • Deactivate or uninstall possible programs like TrayIt! or other similar window managers!
  • Please read both documents, the short one "READ ME FIRST!.txt" for starting with the program package easily and quickly, and the more detailed one "Documentation of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu TLS 1.3 3V3.txt" to avoid problems, and to get more information about this program package, of course!
  • You do not have to uninstall a previous installed "ca.crt" certificate belonging to ProxHTTPSProxy. You can continue to use it. Copy the old "ca.crt" to the new location and overwrite the existing one! In this case, you can also copy the old Certs folder to the new location.

And here are still some ideas for testing: idee.gif

• Try to install the program package by using different paths!
  • Check if my configuration utility "Configure PopMenu" does its job properly in your system!
  • Read the documentation and check if it is complete and understandable!
  • Try out all provided features!
  • After applying my configuration program, perform a restart and check if the programs Min2Tray and PopMenu were started automatically!
  • Check if the proxy settings are activated after executing the file "StartProxy.exe", and deactivated after closing the proxy in different ways!
  • Call up different websites and also TLS testing websites while using the proxy!

Of course, you can test everything you consider important. It's up to you! Have a lot of fun and do all relaxed! fumeur2.gif I will be around here from time to time and assist as soon as possible, only if necessary, of course! sninja.gif There is no time limit! When all of my beta testers have finished testing, and all problems or bugs have been solved, then the beta test will be over, not before. :yes:

And now the beta testing is starting. I'll send you the download link of my archive via PM in the next minutes! link.gif

Thank you all in advance for your participation! Hope you'll enjoy my program package and have a lot of fun while testing!
smilie-schild-025.gif vil-biere.gif bronzer.gif

Cheers, AstroSkipper captain.gif 

PS: And I apologise in advance for making you read so much! I am not the type for short explanations! I always try to write or explain as clearly and precisely as possible. Most certainly a disease of all mathematicians! sorry.gif  jexplique.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

OK, first impressions, all works really well!
:thumbup
My first question is, is it possible to hide the Min2Tray icon in the system tray?
I can't see any obvious setting to do that.
My tray is already pretty cluttered and the Proxy icon and PopMenu icon I obviously want there, but I can't see any reason to have to keep the Min2Tray icon there.
:dubbio:

16 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

OK, first impressions, all works really well!
:thumbup
My first question is, is it possible to hide the Min2Tray icon in the system tray?
I can't see any obvious setting to do that.
My tray is already pretty cluttered and the Proxy icon and PopMenu icon I obviously want there, but I can't see any reason to have to keep the Min2Tray icon there.
:dubbio:

Hello @Dave-H! Glad to hear that all works well, so far! You are the first with a bit of feedback! Thanks for that! Did you already read the manual "Documentation of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu 3V3"? In this document I described how you can hide the systray icon of Min2Tray. :yes:

This is a quotation taken from the manual:

Min2Tray itself shows a small icon in the systray. If you don't need it or it bothers you, you can hide it with the native feature of Windows XP called "Hide inactive icons". Right click anywhere on an empty area on the Windows taskbar. From the right-click menu select Properties. In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window, check the box labeled "Hide inactive icons" and customize all the systray icons to your needs. Choose "Always show" for ProxHTTPSProxy's status window and "Always hide" for Min2Tray program.

Edited by AstroSkipper
Addition

12 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

I did read it, I must have forgotten that bit!
:blushing:
I'll look again and report back!
:yes:

Ok! For an enhanced use of Min2Tray you need access to the Options, BossKey list and StartupMinimized list. But for a normal use you don't need it as a permanent systray icon. :)

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction