ProxHTTPSProxy and HTTPSProxy in Windows XP for future use

AstroSkipper

That's great, guys. Me, not having any luck (other than bad luck) I'm afraid.

I'm (truly) at a loss because no matter what I do it won't run and I'll attache the pics. Seriously, not a clue and never use this before. Tried to enable it system wide but no luck.

spacer.png

this error I get no matter what.

These were errors I get when trying manually to start the applications.

Any advice is appreciated and a bit of "hand holding" might be required. Lol..

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

I'm (truly) at a loss because no matter what I do it won't run and I'll attache the pics. Seriously, not a clue and never use this before. Tried to enable it system wide but no luck.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hi @XPerceniol! Did you already read the documentation? :dubbio:
This is a quotation taken from the manual:

System requirements:

@cmalex's ProxyMII was created by Python 3.7.1 which requires Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable. Check if it is installed in your system!

20 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

Ok! For an enhanced use of Min2Tray you need access to the Options, BossKey list and StartupMinimized list. But for a normal use you don't need it as a permanent systray icon. :)

OK. I don't like using the Windows 'hide inactive icons' option much. I have always had it disabled, and using it just puts an extender double arrow in place of the hidden icon, so you don't gain any space if you're only hiding one icon!
I will investigate further!
I've attached a proof-read copy of the main document (which I actually hadn't read, I only read the 'Readme First!' one!)
:blushing:
I've marked the corrections in red (which is why it has to be a Word document) I hope you can read it OK.
Cheers, Dave.
:)

Documentation of ProxHTTPSProxy.docx

13 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Did you follow the instructions in both documents? :dubbio: And why do you have a message about ProxHTTPSProxy_PSwitch.exe? This file doesn't exist in ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu TLS 1.3 3V3 anymore. :no: It's a file from the old @heinoganda's version of ProxHTTPSProxy. Please don't mix up the versions! Uninstall all previous builds! Follow the instructions in both documents! If further problems occur, simply ask! :yes:

11 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

OK. I don't like using the Windows 'hide inactive icons' option much. I have always had it disabled, and using it just puts an extender double arrow in place of the hidden icon, so you don't gain any space if you're only hiding one icon!

But you can hide more icons which you only use rarely. By clicking on the arrow you have access to them at any time. :yes: I think it's a great feature! :thumbup

11 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

I've attached a proof-read copy of the main document (which I actually hadn't read, I only read the 'Readme First!' one!)
I've marked the corrections in red (which is why it has to be a Word document) I hope you can read it OK.
Cheers, Dave.

Thanks for the corrected document! I'll read it as soon as possible. :)

Edited by AstroSkipper
addition

24 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:
33 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

Cheers, Dave.

Thanks for the corrected document! I'll read it as soon as possible. :)

Ok! I really need a pair of glasses. :yes: The font is too small on my monitor and my tablet. Thanks a lot for finding mistakes! :thumbup

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction

56 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:
1 hour ago, Dave-H said:

But you can hide more icons which you only use rarely. By clicking on the arrow you have access to them at any time. :yes: I think it's a great feature! :thumbup

You can hide the systray icon of Min2Tray using the hotkey ALT + S , but unfortunately, all windows of Min2Tray will be invisible, i.e., the status window of ProxHTTPSProxy, too. :( But if you have so many icons in your systray, then there will be some of them which can be hidden temporarily by Windows XP native feature. :dubbio:

Edited by AstroSkipper
addition

1 hour ago, AstroSkipper said:

Did you follow the instructions in both documents? :dubbio: And why do you have a message about ProxHTTPSProxy_PSwitch.exe? This file doesn't exist in ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu TLS 1.3 3V3 anymore. :no: It's a file from the old @heinoganda's version of ProxHTTPSProxy. Please don't mix up the versions! Uninstall all previous builds! Follow the instructions in both documents! If further problems occur, simply ask! :yes:

Hello @XPerceniol! What's going on with your problems? Is it working now? vertsennuie.gif

The documentation seems fine to me.
Would you like another Word document of the proofed version with a bigger font?
:dubbio:
One thing I'm now finding is that although Min2Tray and PopMenu run at boot fine, HTTPSProxy doesn't.
I have to start it manually.
What have I missed?

16 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

The documentation seems fine to me.
Would you like another Word document of the proofed version with a bigger font?
One thing I'm now finding is that although Min2Tray and PopMenu run at boot fine, HTTPSProxy doesn't.
I have to start it manually.
What have I missed?

The document has already been corrected. Thanks a lot! It is really a problem of my visual acuity, too.
And yes, you have missed this information:
This is a quotation taken from the manual:

If you want to start the proxy itself at Windows Startup, you have to use an Autostart Manager with a delayed start function like GlarySoft's Quick Startup. The program "StartProxy.exe" has to be started with a delay to work at Windows Startup. I already tested it and recommend a delay of 10 seconds.

A general autostart of ProxHTTPSProxy is not a feature of this version, but will be one in the next version although most of us, presumably, this feature don't really need. :dubbio:

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

13 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Hello @XPerceniol! What's going on with your problems? Is it working now? vertsennuie.gif

Sorry, I got off track and botched up system. Turns out Rogue Killer doesn't like it and this is warning to anybody that uses it, it just made my system unable to boot, avoid it (Rogue Killer) for now until we know more about this. As you can see, I'm back thanks for Acronis ... like nothing happened.

untitled.thumb.JPG.6d0203ec11a31e8076aaa71598f63206.JPG

As you can see:

C+++2010 ... so loos like I've some updated to do. Thank you for telling/reminding me.

I'm going to start fresh and uninstall and remove anything from the old cert updater or anything from @heinoganda so I don't confuse with yours.

Oh and just wanted to also say, system restore did NOT work so need to backup well when making changes.

Edited by XPerceniol