360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

1 hour ago, VistaLover said:

those who follow closely this thread ;) should have already been aware of the original post mentioning Kafan (albeit in a 360EE topic):

Yep, thanks for pointing to the original post!

20 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Just loaded Kafan into a VM and wow, that is annoying and I couldn't find a way to fix it either.

See, that's what I was talking about in the previous page. Thanks for confirming.

Edited by mina7601

2 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

And "personal preferences" totally and completely aside, have you ever encountered ANY web site that Kafan (v87) can render that 360Chrome (v86) cannot render?

To be honest, I don't use Kafan anyway (only 360Chrome), so I don't know, but others who have been using Kafan could answer your question.

5 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

And "personal preferences" totally and completely aside, have you ever encountered ANY web site that Kafan (v87) can render that 360Chrome (v86) cannot render?

I did, IMDB and Twitter are much slower with 360, IMDB doesn't even render pages dark, even it's forced via flags, but Kafan does. Unfortunately now you won't be able to compare, since both sites demand accounts. Overall, I agree with you, Kafan isn't as good, as it could be.

I am a bit biased, of course, but I see zero reason why anybody would use Kafan's v87 over 360Chrome's v86.  ZERO.

Okay, "dark mode" is a very very tiny reason.  But of no use to me personally.

But of course the following applies -

spacer.png

My experience, mileage may vary - only one YouTube tab and the audio is very very very CHOPPY on Kafan and gobbles up way more RAM than 360Chrome and NO CHOPPINESS on 360Chrome.

Kafan with one YouTube tab = 519 MB RAM !!!

360Chrome with one YouTube tab = 426 MB RAM - 18% Lower!

image.png.98f7292ce883678b023684390e992d89.png

image.png.dc1aed3a5dbb2f78980133056b26f2a7.png

edit - had to delete profile attachments, ran out of room

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

3 hours ago, VistaLover said:

Qxgm742.png

Is that a recent image? It also did for me, until recently. Now only Kafan does, but I don't use it, due to the bright theme, too bright.

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I am a bit biased, of course, but I see zero reason why anybody would use Kafan's v87 over 360Chrome's v86.  ZERO.

Indeed you're, but I already wrote: I agree with you. What else do you want me to say? Kafan is raw, they din't bother themselves to squeese out the full potential.

But most importantly, only one version above.

9 minutes ago, Dixel said:

What else do you want me to say?

I wasn't technically talking to you in particular.  More of as a generality.

I get the opposite on IMDB - which is just plain slow no matter what browser you use (strictly talking XP).

360Chrome loads The Shawshank Redemption in 20.4 seconds.

Kafan took 37.7 seconds to load The Shaswhank Redemption.

image.thumb.png.affee9e5cbed607ba7ce41ce18972c00.png

49 minutes ago, Dixel said:

I agree with you, Kafan isn't as good, as it could be.

... And, believe it or not :P, I do agree with you on this ;) ; one other serious irritant for me is the preposterous waste of screen vertical space due to their very "tall" address bar:

lBKiVFp.png

23 minutes ago, Dixel said:

But most importantly, only one version above.

Agreed, too...

28 minutes ago, Dixel said:

Is that a recent image?

Grabbed just half an hour ago :P; disclaimers: 1) I don't use a NHTPG/HO modded version, 2) as can be seen, I'm using the 360EEv13 dark skin...

Edited by VistaLover

52 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

Both The Shawshank Redemption and The Godfather load instantly for me on IMDB using 360Chrome!
:dubbio:

No disrespect, but "no, they did not".

Visual appearances of rendering may be "instant", but that does not equate to the page loading "instantly".

When does the stop watch begin?  When does the stopwatch end?  I let a "page load timer" extension be that stopwatch - it's the blue number in the upper right corner of my screencaps.

But even if we resort to the Network Tab of Dev Tools, you have to define when the stop watch is "started" and when it is "stopped".

But NOTHING loads "instantly".  Not even a direct fiber optic line between you and the server.

I remember that Opera used to have its own rendering setting where it defaulted to several seconds but had an option to select "instantly".

In other news, after running Kafan for several hours and truly trying to not be biased, I have to report a resounding "dislike" for Kafan.

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

No disrespect, but "no, they did not".

Visual appearances of rendering may be "instant", but that does not equate to the page loading "instantly".

When does the stop watch begin?  When does the stopwatch end?  I let a "page load timer" extension be that stopwatch - it's the blue number in the upper right corner of my screencaps.

But even if we resort to the Network Tab of Dev Tools, you have to define when the stop watch is "started" and when it is "stopped".

But NOTHING loads "instantly".  Not even a direct fiber optic line between you and the server.

OK Mister Pedantic, they didn't actually load 'instantly'!
They certainly didn't take over 30 seconds to load as was cited earlier though.
:D