360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

• 4 weeks later...

On 6/8/2023 at 8:49 PM, Milkinis said:

I guessed this chinese crap would not be potentially harmful but I guessed wrong. LOL

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/03a8a554cfedf0223cb50fc79931eb971c7763d4846ba5de6213161ac8063162

screenshot-22.png

You found a Chinese Chromium-based browser with potential malware? What's it called?

The highlighted (d4mon_ccb.exe)? Just found & downloaded it from here, nothing eye-popping, guessing USB security key related?

11 hours ago, 66cats said:

You found a Chinese Chromium-based browser with potential malware? What's it called?

The highlighted (d4mon_ccb.exe)? Just found & downloaded it from here, nothing eye-popping, guessing USB security key related?

it has a long history, could be a false positive, since 2013 looks like it's a safe? file

https://systemexplorer.net/file-database/file/dbmon_abc-exe/13055772

most be a retired product , on hxxp://www.tendyron.com/en/ there's no such product listed anywhere

Edited by realisty

if it only was this... there are more than just one process bundled with that browser

I fail to understand why have they developed a browser for banking based on chromium 86....

I don't think all of these processes running in the bankground would make it any safer to use

Hello guys, although it has been said that Kafan MiniBrowser is heavy for old computers, its the one that works best on my PC.

I tried all the browsers listed here. I still choose Kafan.

However, it is very annoying that it opens a new tab every time I type a link.

Any idea how to solve this? some chrome://flags/ change perhaps?
Thank u very much in advance!

MIPC.jpg

2 hours ago, Tolengo said:

here is the reason why nobody actually can see the F icon because they don't use the other browser at all :lol: 

On 7/9/2023 at 3:42 AM, Milkinis said:

I fail to understand why have they developed a browser for banking based on chromium 86....

because they simply can't port anything higher than 86/87 to XP

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2023 at 10:14 AM, Tolengo said:

Hello guys, although it has been said that Kafan MiniBrowser is heavy for old computers, its the one that works best on my PC.

However, it is very annoying that it opens a new tab every time I type a link.

Any idea how to solve this? some chrome://flags/ change perhaps?
Thank u very much in advance!

MIPC.jpg

This computer was 20 years old, I guess, I think it will running faster if you installed XP SP2...

2 hours ago, hidao said:

I think it will running faster if you installed XP SP2...

When SP3 first came out, I remember doing weeks and weeks of performance comparisons and found SP3 to be faster than SP2, not the other way around.

Mileage may vary on what hardware is actually being compared, of course.

But I seem to recall that all of the technical magazines and web sites drew the same conclusion at the time, that SP3 was faster than SP2.

4 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

When SP3 first came out, I remember doing weeks and weeks of performance comparisons and found SP3 to be faster than SP2, not the other way around.

Mileage may vary on what hardware is actually being compared, of course.

But I seem to recall that all of the technical magazines and web sites drew the same conclusion at the time, that SP3 was faster than SP2.

If you belived that, they win, you can make some test, I tried before, XP SP2 work faster then SP3

I can prove it by the weekend or so.  Unless you can prove the contrary before then.  My experience is that SP3 is faster than SP2.

I'll grab screencaps by the weekend or so.

edit - I am talking about a slipstreamed SP3.  Not an install Original XP, then install SP1, then install SP2, then install SP3.  But slipstream SP3 onto the original install media and install SP3 at step one.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

22 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I can prove it by the weekend or so.  Unless you can prove the contrary before then.  My experience is that SP3 is faster than SP2.

I'll grab screencaps by the weekend or so.

edit - I am talking about a slipstreamed SP3.  Not an install Original XP, then install SP1, then install SP2, then install SP3.  But slipstream SP3 onto the original install media and install SP3 at step one.

I don't know which hardware you used, I tried in defferent old computers, the result was that XP SP3 worked slowly than XP SP2,XP SP2 worked slowly than XP SP1

we all kowns that the new version of software need more resource hardware, so you told me XP SP3 worked faster than XP SP2, I think it's impossible

3 hours ago, hidao said:

XP SP3 worked slowly than XP SP2,XP SP2 worked slowly than XP SP1

I agree with you. Don't forget, they also introduced memory limit in SP2.

1 hour ago, hidao said:

we all kowns that the new version of software need more resource hardware, so you told me XP SP3 worked faster than XP SP2, I think it's impossible

I want quantitative measurements.  Not "gut feeling".  Newer is not always better.  But nor is it always worse.