Extreme Explorer 360 Chromium 78-86 General Discussion

Hi everyone,

Browser startup issue. I use 360 Extreme Explorer v. 13.5.2022.0, the Chrome version is 86.0.4240.198. Tried on Windows XP, but it will apply for OSes surely.

The command to open some web site "%HOMEPATH_360CHROME%\360Chrome\Chrome\Application\360chrome.exe" "https://www.google.com" --new-window --disable-logging --disable-component-update --disable-background-networking --allow-outdated-plugins --cipher-suite-blacklist=0xcc14

The observed behaviour after this command above is the follows, The 1st call starts browser, creates window & process, opens target web site. The 2nd call opens new window & opens site. But opens 2nd window the managing process in the 1st instance, it also creates child process without window in order to manage new 2nd window.

So what is the problem? It happens when we start browser manually using shortcut and try to execute the command above using command line. It refuses to do it! The first process created manually by current user refuses to create window called from command line. As a result the command above doesn't work.

1. IMHO, the cheapest way is the some command key in the command to start the new window as a separate instance of browser without interference with browser started manually. That is, it is desirable that after the execution of the command it would have a new independent process with a window.
  2. The 2nd possible solution is some option into command line to work around this problem in the browser. Looks not very plausible, but may be possible, who knows.
  3. The 3rd solution is to modification of the new automatically starting process to start it with signature of current user. But it looks too much complex for now.

Many tnx in advance to any hints.

• 2 months later...

Trying to run the new 64-bit Chromium 108 based 360 Secure Browser v14.0.1100.0 beta from QiuQuan on Windows XP x64 yields a Kernel32.dll errorXP_1.thumb.jpg.bdf25f07b96ef2eec1f6fb2b6aa1386c.jpg

I installed OneCore API to see if that might solve the issues, and 360 SE tried to launch with this errorXP_2.thumb.jpg.7b17268cd8f4de9141bbbf5efc144522.jpg

So close! Any thoughts or tips on how to maybe try to bypass this error, or see what's making it think it's damaged?

Edited by djole123

@djole123

Can't say anything specific as I haven't fiddled with OneCore API, but these browsers have their own integrity/signature check (not based on Authenticode). If you haven't modified the original files in any way, apparently OneCore API lacks (has stubbed?) something this integrity check needs to pass properly. Assuming the integrity check is the only problem and the browser is otherwise workable with OneCore (not guaranteed with such complex software), the check could probably be patched out like it has been with modded 360 v13 browsers.

You could try asking (via Googletrans) here or here on a Russian-language forum also frequented by the people who did the patching, or at least those who know them and can ask them about it. Maybe they've already done it for v14 as well, I don't follow these topics very closely. (I could maybe do the patching myself once I've checked out how they did it, but I don't know when I'd get to it, and I'm not as familiar with x64 as I am with x86. In any case it's much easier/faster for those who've already gone through it.)

Edit: I believe @grey_rat is also a member there, maybe he could ask about it for you. Then again, as a Serbian you may be able to do it pretty easily yourself :) (I didn't notice your country at first).

Edit2: Oh, and welcome to the forum! Didn't notice this was your first post, either. :)

Edited by mixit

Hi

information: "Youtube redux 3.0.0" which uses Google's "manifest V3" refuses to install on all versions of chrome v86 and dcBrowser... but it works on Edge with Windows 10

This promises us a serious headache... with Manifest V3 and plug-ins for Chrome 86

spacer.png

install Edge

1 hour ago, IXOYE said:

which uses Google's "manifest V3" refuses to install on all versions of chrome v86 and DCBrowser...

... Have posted about this months ago... MV3 requires at least Chromium 88.0 APIs; 2023 will be the year when MV3 will become mandatory for ALL extensions on Chrome Web Store (CWS); to add insult to injury, ALL MV2-based extensions will be removed from CWS :realmad: ; as I wrote then, MV3 constitutes a major catastrophe for Chromium<88.0-based forks and, by consequence, to users of legacy OSes such as XP/Vista (where Chromium >=88.0 forks haven't been made available :(; Vista-x64's ExtKernel not taken into account here) ...

Archive MV2-based extensions while you can (little time left :() ...

Edited by VistaLover

@djole123

So, I'd already started investigating how I could remove the integrity check so you could try out further compatibility with OneCore API, when it suddenly occurred to me that this would be a waste of time, at least for me.

The thing is, the only reason I'm using a Chinese derivative of Chromium is because it's deliberately compatible with XP as-is, and one of a handful of (also Chinese) still useful versions remaining. AFAIK 360 SE v14 has no provisions for XP x64, so I have no reason to pick it over other brands, because adding Chinese "goodies" to Google's is not something I'm interested in when I have more choice. Since this is really a case of having to use OneCore to run "a" Chromium clone on XP x64, 360 SE v14 has no advantages for me. The extra layers the Chinese have added to it would also probably make it less stable on OneCore.

One more consideration: OneCore API binaries Github page says it's currently compatible with Chrome 102, but this v14 is based on 108, judging by its user agent string, so the chances of it working right now don't seem very high.

I'm not at all opposed to you or anyone else using these Chinese browsers as a choice even if you have other options, but with all things being equal, I myself would choose something else. I'd probably start my trials with plain Chromium - to minimize the number of potentially troublesome features. In any case, best of luck, and don't let what I just said stop you if you want to proceed with getting 360 SE v14 working on XP x64 using OneCore API. And apologies for being so "I-my-me" above :), I just wanted to make clear that I'm not claiming to represent the general sentiment around here.

Edited by mixit

6 hours ago, mixit said:

...when it suddenly occurred to me that this would be a waste of time, at least for me.

The thing is, the only reason I'm using a Chinese derivative of Chromium is because it's deliberately compatible with XP as-is, and one of a handful of (also Chinese) still useful versions remaining. AFAIK 360 SE v14 has no provisions for XP x64, so I have no reason to pick it over other brands, because adding Chinese "goodies" to Google's is not something I'm interested in when I have more choice. Since this is really a case of having to use OneCore to run "a" Chromium clone on XP x64, 360 SE v14 has no advantages for me. The extra layers the Chinese have added to it would also probably make it less stable on OneCore.

I'm not at all opposed to you or anyone else using these Chinese browsers as a choice even if you have other options, but with all things being equal, I myself would choose something else. I'd probably start my trials with plain Chromium - to minimize the number of potentially troublesome features. In any case, best of luck, and don't let what I just said stop you if you want to proceed with getting 360 SE v14 working on XP x64 using OneCore API. And apologies for being so "I-my-me" above :), I just wanted to make clear that I'm not claiming to represent the general sentiment around here.

AGREED!  Well stated!

I have often stated that 360Chrome is "intended" for the XP audience and there are far more alternatives available to the the non-XP crowd.

I "sometimes" still use 360Chrome on my Win10 installs, but only for the sake of a shared "profile" and not because 360Chrome is the best "choice" for Win10.

• 2 months later...
On 1/7/2023 at 2:11 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I have often stated that 360Chrome is "intended" for the XP audience and there are far more alternatives available to the the non-XP crowd.

I have tried out just about 100-300 china made browsers and most are obsolote and unusable these days.

there's a member out there on a russian forum which apparently is the one behind the modified version of 360SE (not 360EE)

I thought he was using XP until he said he was actually using W7 and liked this chinese browser better for whatever reason I can't recall.... :cool:

• 1 month later...

I block gstatic and ganalytics (among many other things) systemwide.  So now I can't use google search without a ridiculous number of challenges. I've been trying to change the default engine, including adding my current favorite etools.ch, but those changes won't stick. 

Does anyone have an idea how to add a serch engine and make it the default, and know where said settings are changed, so I don't delete them on closing? Thanks!

Thanks for the quick response, Articfoxie.  It is in Preferences and also in Web Data. After modifying preferences from within the browser interface (including deleting unwanted stuff such as engines I don't like -but google always comes back), cleaning history, and whitelisting sites allowed to generate popups, I run an "update baseline chrome".bat with the following files

@echo off
cls
copy "profile path\Bookmarks" "path to [settings]\Chrome\Bookmarks" 
copy "profile path\Favicons" "path to [settings]\Chrome\\Favicons"
copy "profile path\Preferences" "path to [settings]\Chrome\Preferences" 
copy "profile path\Web Data" "path to [settings]\Chrome\Web Data" 
xcopy /y /S /I /E "profile path\Local Extension Settings\ogfcmafjalglgifnmanfmnieipoejdcf" "path to [settings]\Chrome\ogfcmafjalglgifnmanfmnieipoejdcf"
xcopy /y /S /I /E "profile path\Local Extension Settings\mpiodijhokgodhhofbcjdecpffjipkle" "path to [settings]\Chrome\mpiodijhokgodhhofbcjdecpffjipkle"
exit

Then i open 360 with the following bat, so that I have always standard settings, including "local extension settings" (such as ublock and umatrix), since I erase that folder using the 360Loader.ini

@echo off
cls
copy "path to chrome standard settings\Bookmarks" "profile path\Bookmarks" 
copy "path to chrome standard settings\Favicons" "profile path\Favicons" 
copy "path to chrome standard settings\Preferences" "profile path\Preferences"
copy "path to chrome standard settings\Web Data" "profile path\Web Data"
xcopy /y /S /I /E "path to chrome standard settings\ogfcmafjalglgifnmanfmnieipoejdcf" "profile path\Local Extension Settings\ogfcmafjalglgifnmanfmnieipoejdcf"
xcopy /y /S /I /E "path to chrome standard settings\mpiodijhokgodhhofbcjdecpffjipkle" "profile path\Local Extension Settings\mpiodijhokgodhhofbcjdecpffjipkle"
C:\Internet\Browse\360Loader.exe

Note that in preferences' section below, THERE IS A LONG LIST OF FOLDER WHERE YOU DOWNLOADED STUFF. I manually leave ONLY my default folder. This can only be made manually, in the "path to chrome standard settings\Preferences"  

"download": {        

"history": {
         "dirs": [ " [my default download folder] "
Now I'm don. Thanks!

Edited by dmiranda

7 hours ago, dmiranda said:

Note that in preferences' section below, THERE IS A LONG LIST OF FOLDER WHERE YOU DOWNLOADED STUFF. I manually leave ONLY my default folder. This can only be made manually

If by manually, you imply only by editing the Preferences file, then not true, you add to the list whenever you download to a new location, and you can clear this list from within the download dialog -

image.png.cb41aff1511286d46d9091dafd2b6a3f.png

• 8 months later...
On 10/5/2022 at 6:36 PM, Dave-H said:

Late response, but the yelp.com site seems to be working fine for me in 360Chrome 13.5.
:yes:

I wonder what is your secret, @Dave-H I just searched in the search box on the forum as found this thread and your reply. I almost posted in the Mypal thread until I realized its not just Mypal and I can't see yelp reviews ... and I wonder because I combed through my host file and nothing jumped out at me.

Thoughts/Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

On both 360Chrome and Mypal just blank boxes?

spacer.png

spacer.png

Nothing appears to be out of the ordinary to me but I (fully) admit I don't completely understand those results in Mypal68 because yelp still doesn't work.

spacer.png

Edited by XPerceniol