List of software that doesn't support Windows 7

asdf2345

I forgot to mention in regards to the previous issues with Far Cry series games. I never got Reshade to work to a point where a game would actually launch but now the point is moot. Ubisoft has moved to a new version of Ubisoft Connect that no longer generates any sort of error. The process just exits (cleanly it appears, as there is no crash log) after a few seconds.

I can't do any more troubleshooting or testing with it because I just decided to uninstall all of those games.

Starting with the latest Firefox Nightly (v116, Build Date 22.06), the warning you all know and love from Windows XP/Vista is now shown on the updater ("You cannot perform further updates on this system") in Windows 7 and 8.1. The message links to the EOL Page. 

The browser still works, they haven't broken the compatibility tho. You will have to download newer Nightly builds manually now, since the updater will be stuck at an earlier 116 build. 

4 hours ago, yoltboy01 said:

the warning you all know and love from Windows XP/Vista is now shown

I remember there was a flag for chrome to supress it, perhaps also a similar solution can be found?

5 hours ago, D.Draker said:

I remember there was a flag for chrome to supress it, perhaps also a similar solution can be found?

This message is not as intrusive as in Chrome, you can see it in the "About Firefox" window (the line above the version number).

spacer.png

But the yellow triangle on the menu button is much more noticeable, it reports the inability to receive updates, I disabled auto-update via system policies, but it did not help, it worked disabling several parameters in about:config: app.update.service.enabled, app.update.staging.enabled switched to false, app.update.url.details, app.update.url.manual deleted lines.

spacer.png

6 hours ago, D.Draker said:

I remember a similar method, but haven‘t had the time to experiment yet. I‘ll keep you updated once I find a way 

33 minutes ago, ED_Sln said:

This message is not as intrusive as in Chrome, you can see it in the "About Firefox" window (the line above the version number).

Thank god. The message wasn‘t intrusive on XP/Vista as well. However, once 52.9 ESR was reached a pop-up would come up, informing you about EOL. That will probably happen with the release of the last 115 ESR as well

6 hours ago, yoltboy01 said:

Thank god.

Try this, maybe?

type about:config into the address bar and then pressEnter apply either or both of the following config items:

• Search for app.update.silent, then set it to true
  • Search for app.update.url, then change it to a fake URL
  •  https://aus5.mozilla.org/update/ change hmmps://jjj5.mozilla.org/update/6/%PRODUCT%/..

Yesterday they changed the system requirements of 116 Nightly to Windows 10+

Before that, all 116 builds had the minimum requirement of Windows 7. However, I could still install the latest nightly (on 8.1) without any issues. The installer isn't blocked either (yet)

Beware! Steam lies in the reqs!  Night Gate+Windows7-Doesn't work! 

"OS: Windows 7 64-bit or later

Processor: Quad-core Processor or better

Memory: 4 GB RAM

Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 1080 or AMD equivalent

DirectX: Version 12

Storage: 14 GB available space"

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2073540/Night_Gate/

I failed to start it! Money down the drain! And here's more confirmations.