List of software that doesn't support Windows 7

asdf2345

4 hours ago, Dixel said:

Beware! Steam lies in the reqs!  Night Gate+Windows7-Doesn't work! 

It looks like it's made on the UE5 engine. I ran the UE5 demos on Win7, with VxKex and adding the "-d3d11" parameter to the shortcut. If at startup you get a message that the system does not support DX12, then add "-d3d11" parameter, if something is not found in kernel32, then you need both VxKex and "-d3d11".

3 hours ago, ED_Sln said:

you need both VxKex and "-d3d11".

Thanks! But now only black screen and nothing. I had the same issue with Elden ring, black screen and only music in the menu (I could hear the clicking). Platfrom update installed!

Ideas?

4 hours ago, Dixel said:

Thanks! But now only black screen and nothing.

Perhaps some other updates and/or a suitable video card are required. I have all updates installed. For example, in one of the updates (I forgot which one, I think it was March or February 2019) they partially added support for DX12, d3d11 files are updated there too, maybe this will help.

they partially added support for DX12, d3d11 files are updated there too, maybe this will help.

No, they didn't it's just rumours. There's no indication of any actual KB number, just pure speculations. Did you read the article yourself? It's an update for one game that is discussed, not for windows 7 itself.

So, Firefox 115 was just released and 117 Nightly is going to be released too very soon.

- Windows 7/8.1 users are NOT merged to the ESR Branch with the update from 114.0.2 - my testing machine was pushed to the regular 115.0 release

- The latest 116 Nightly (04-07-2023) still works (you need to download new builds manually by downloading the Nightly installer, since the in-build Updater doesn't work anymore)

7 minutes ago, yoltboy01 said:

So, Firefox 115 was just released and 117 Nightly is going to be released too very soon.

- Windows 7/8.1 users are NOT merged to the ESR Branch with the update from 114.0.2 - my testing machine was pushed to the regular 115.0 release

- The latest 116 Nightly (04-07-2023) still works (you need to download new builds manually by downloading the Nightly installer, since the in-build Updater doesn't work anymore)

Firefox 117 seems to work on Windows 7

mSIVLFH.png

1 hour ago, 25495k said:

Firefox 117 seems to work on Windows 7

mSIVLFH.png

Very nice. As far as I remember XP didn‘t run the next two versions of Firefox after it‘s EOL (53/54). I‘m glad that Windows 7 and 8.1 still do. Let‘s just see for how long..

4 hours ago, Cocodile said:

No, they didn't it's just rumours.

If you don't believe me, here is the official instruction for developers how to activate d3d12 in Win7. For example, Cyberpunk 2077 runs in Win7, and it works in DX12 mode. In dxdiag it will be DX11, and without preparation on the part of the game developer it is impossible to just run any game with DX12. And as for updates - just install the latest cumulative update, it already has everything.

7 hours ago, ED_Sln said:

If you don't believe me, here is the official instruction for developers how to activate d3d12 in Win7. For example, Cyberpunk 2077 runs in Win7, and it works in DX12 mode. In dxdiag it will be DX11, and without preparation on the part of the game developer it is impossible to just run any game with DX12. And as for updates - just install the latest cumulative update, it already has everything.

I never said I don't believe you, I said you didn't point out to the actual KB number. What is for developers is one thing, we are end users, not developers. Cyberpunk 2077 officially runs on ancient GTX970 from nine years ago (2014) , so no wonder it runs on Win7. I don't think it's a good example, sorry. And please give the actual KB number. My updates are up to the end of service already.

Thnx! 

16 hours ago, ED_Sln said:

Perhaps some other updates and/or a suitable video card are required. I have all updates installed. For example, in one of the updates (I forgot which one, I think it was March or February 2019) they partially added support for DX12, d3d11 files are updated there too, maybe this will help.

On that PC, I'm updated to the level of January 2020. Not sure if I want to go higher. Veodeocard is with 6GB of VRAM, looks like it's enough. Drivers are old, but they don't make them for Windows 7 anymore. I would like to add, i run RDR2 perfectly fine, no freezes. So the card is fine.

10 hours ago, Cocodile said:

I said you didn't point out to the actual KB number.

Looked in which updates updated files DX, they have been replaced several times, so the list is about this: KB4503269, KB4530692, KB4539602. Maybe some more, but it is difficult to find individually, so the last cumulative KB4534310 has it all.

What is for developers is one thing, we are end users, not developers.

But in addition to preparing the game developers, users must also make preparations, install system updates that add support, as well as video card drivers, so that there is support.

Cyberpunk 2077 officially runs on ancient GTX970 from nine years ago (2014) , so no wonder it runs on Win7.

Although 970 is so old, but it already fully supports DX12 mode (12_0), so in Win10 you can play all games with DX12 support on it. And Cyberpunk 2077 only works in DX12 mode, no other lower versions are provided there, as stated in their message.

7 hours ago, Dixel said:

On that PC, I'm updated to the level of January 2020. Not sure if I want to go higher. Veodeocard is with 6GB of VRAM, looks like it's enough.

Yes, then the necessary update is already there, no newer ones are needed. The video driver must be newer than February 2019, at which time support was added. So if the game still does not work, then apparently they added something else that does not allow it to work properly. And also try dxvk, maybe through it will be able to get the image.

Looked in which updates updated files DX, they have been replaced several times, so the list is about this: KB4503269, KB4530692, KB4539602. Maybe some more, but it is difficult to find individually, so the last cumulative KB4534310 has it all.

Thank you! Do these include bloatware-telemetry?

5 hours ago, Cocodile said:

Do these include bloatware-telemetry?

KB45032692 - No. KB4530692 and KB4539602 contain an Eos notice. Accumulative KB4534310 and telemetry and Eos.

New News regarding Firefox:

- If you are on Win7/8.1 you can't download the Beta/Nightly installer anymore. If you visit the installers website there will be a notice, something similar to "Firefox is only supported on Win versions above 8.1". If you still press at download v115 Stable Offline installer will be downloaded instead

- The Beta/Nightly installers aren't blocked, they still download the latest version (117a1)

- 115 Beta release notes weren't mentioning the EOL of 7/8.1 - the stable version now does 

15 hours ago, ED_Sln said:

Yes, then the necessary update is already there, no newer ones are needed. The video driver must be newer than February 2019, at which time support was added. So if the game still does not work, then apparently they added something else that does not allow it to work properly. And also try dxvk, maybe through it will be able to get the image.

My driver is from 2021, oen of the last ones for 7 and 8. RDR2 runs perfectly fine. DXVK, I tried today, no result. Looks like the game can be added to a full no-support list!