My Browser Builds (Part 2)

On 1/15/2020 at 4:40 PM, looking4awayout said:

It is strange that your system freezes entirely when you load MSFN... Take one of the RAM sticks out, maybe you might have bad RAM.

Did you check out the amount of uncorrectable sectors on your HDD? And the pending ones?

Or one of the memory-slots is defective. here on my dying SSE-MOBo its slot 1. GA-7N400-Pro2(is affected by capacitor plague).
Memtest 386(one cannot rely on it it may be falsepositive or negative) will always show red sector when new working Ram-sticks are used. one should run it always three times.
So i am actually running only slot 2 and 3. 2x GB( DS). for 3x1: 1x DS 2x SS needed. 3gb max.

On 1/18/2020 at 12:48 AM, ArcticFoxie said:

I don't "care" about the SO-CALLED security mitigations.  I run XP, if I "cared" about security I would not be running XP.

Aside from that, I have SEVERAL financial web sites that WORK when using 28.2.2 but do NOT work with anything higher.

Yahoo Finance is one of them, the Historical Quotes date can not be set with "new" Pale Moon versions.

Another is Google Spreadsheets, but this nuance seems to be intermittent with "new" but it *ALWAYS* works with 28.2.2.

So NO, I have *no need* to "upgrade"  :D

could not navigate and answer messages in Yahoo-mail on my SSE in Palemoon/NM 27 SSE and Kmeleon. only Firefox Nightly worked. Maybe its really my PC or/and slowing it down artificially(from outside) due to security risks. Internet slow also on my WLAN-win1os-Ultrabook.. PC is dying and more limits here. will get speedy ultrabook in next days.
UPDATE: maybe yahoo-mail worked in Firefox nightly because i hadnt saved it as favourite. maybe i must remove yahoo-mail as favourite before deleting cache and cookies too.  it really offered option for older browsers which i didnt see in my other browsers where i had set yahoomail as favourite. MUST BE VERIFIED. login always worked only i could not take actions like answering mails.
btw: a negative behaviour which started only these days. i dont use yahoomail often. but certainly used it in december 2019. could also be related to crappy MOBO. (for those complaining this and argueing to replace: dont worry i will do when time is right(SSE2-MOBO with winxp and win7 is reactivated again)since i want to know from where all the problems came incl. slow internet-router still not changed)
UPDATE 2: Yahoomail properly working in FF 45.3.0 ESR /SSE here.
UPDATE 3. Yahoomail nonworking/no answering possible in KMeleon despite deleting Cookies, Cache and more.
UPDATE 4: Nothing changed. In Yahoomail i cannot answer Mails. navigation ok. PM/NM 27 SSE, KMeleon only.
I suspect its the lack of UOC-patch and enforcer. Must first update.  see you

Edited by 3dreal
Nothing changed. No answering Yahoomail-PM/NM 27SSE, KMeleon

The following is a summary of solving (Video) TWITTER AUDIO DISTORTION with WinXP OS.

http://o.rths.ml/basilisk/
Using RT ST55 Moebius Browser (not ST52) , I did these three URL fixes below.
And (Video) TWITTER AUDIO DISTORTION solved , with Old Twitter Interface , under WinXP OS.

https://msfn.org/board/topic/177125-my-build-of-new-moon-temp-name-aka-pale-moon-fork-targetting-xp/page/184/?tab=comments#comment-1170340
(1) ADOBE PRIMETIME CDM Plugin Install Instructions from VistaLover

https://msfn.org/board/topic/180462-my-browser-builds-part-2/page/50/?tab=comments#comment-1176700
(2) SSUAO (User Agent) fix from RT , (about:config)

https://msfn.org/board/topic/180462-my-browser-builds-part-2/page/51/?tab=comments#comment-1176768
(3) AV Tweak (Step 2) from Mathwiz , (about:config)

THANKS to Mathwiz for his last tweak needed solution.
This final solution for TWITTER AUDIO DISTORTION should make VistaLover happy.
And THANKS to RT as always.

Edited by TechnoRelic

16 hours ago, TechnoRelic said:

I also have the (Video) TWITTER AUDIO DISTORTION with WinXP OS.
And the ADOBE PRIMETIME CDM 'Plugin' install does NOT solve it here either.

10 hours ago, Mathwiz said:

I think I have a solution, but I'm not sure either of you will like it. This solution requires FF 45 or Serpent.

1. Use the Pale Moon or IE user agent to get the old interface (and distorted audio)
  2. To fix the audio, turn off the internal A/V support (in about:config, set media.ffvpx.enabled to false); instead, install the Adobe Primetime CDM. That should play the audio without distortion. (Installation instructions are a few threads below this one.)

Guys, i think i was not clear enough in my explanation so i should to clarify:

1. As my second browser i use Firefox 52 ESR with Adobe Primetime since 2018 and it show video\audio in twitter correctly. With "Good Twitter" extension that i mention earlier it even switch now to old layout in 52ESR and still show video\audio in twitter correctly.

2. New Moon with User Agent Mode "Firefox compatible" show twitter NOW in 2020 year with new layout with video\audio correctly.

3. New Moon with User Agent Mode "Native" show twitter with old layout BUT video\audio incorrectly.

As i can see New Moon is superior in speed to any browser in XP. Firefox52ESR is much slower, also Adobe Primetime CDM is bad decoder - very CPU hungry and constantly dropping video-frames, freezing on several seconds. I prefer New Moon 99% of my time, so to me it's or watch twitter without video and audio, or use "Firefox compatible" mode, login in new layout and see this crappy interface just to watch twitter videos in my favorite browser in XP.

So i just want to ask a question - is in future plans to change\modify built in AAC decoder in New Moon or it is not possible?

And i also have second question - was anybody ever crack mystery of video freeze after 23 min in Firefox\New Moon? I was thinking about that, was it always in code of Firefox since version 4? Or it pop-out in some later versions? Can somebody point me to long (like 25 min or longer) vp8 videos online to check was version Firefox 4 already with that bag? I mean what if that was not from the begging - than it can be tracked, right? It just my silly guessing.

9 hours ago, siria said:

Happy new year to you too, and thanks for all the work :)

Regarding those suspicious access blocks by Cloudflare or whatever, have just tested this link
https://o.rths.ml/gpc/files1.rt/phoenix-0.5-cl933-tls12.7z
with httpS and old gecko K-Meleon1.5.4 (like FF2, max TLS1.0), and faked UA to IE7, and it still opens fine.

and updated again to fix gopher encoding problem. it looks like retrozilla's view now! (for unknown reason, gopher port whitelisting is not working and allow all ports, port 9999 is not in whitelist but I still able to access it)

4hpV9IO.png

Edited by roytam1

6 hours ago, Rod Steel said:

16 hours ago, TechnoRelic said:

I also have the (Video) TWITTER AUDIO DISTORTION with WinXP OS.
And the ADOBE PRIMETIME CDM 'Plugin' install does NOT solve it here either.

However , NOW , with 'Mathwiz' tweak , the ADOBE PRIMETIME CDM 'Plugin' install *DOES* solve the problem.
See My Summary Message at URL here -->
https://msfn.org/board/topic/180462-my-browser-builds-part-2/page/52/?tab=comments#comment-1176791

But I believe that 'VistaLover' said recently that there is NOT presently any plan for RT to modify
his custom *.DLL files to solve the (Video) TWITTER AUDIO DISTORTION with WinXP OS problem.
So , the only solution requires the ADOBE PRIMETIME CDM 'Plugin' to be installed and used.

With RT ST55 Browser (Moebius) , the ADOBE PRIMETIME CDM 'Plugin' install does also solve
the problem of INSTAGRAM embedded VIDEO to play properly.

Added: I noted feedback (messages below) that my writing style is annoying to some. So , I will
... try to comply here on that as suggested. But , it is 'Only' a *KEYBOARD* , right ??? ... :)

Edited by TechnoRelic

TechnoRelic said:
> However , NOW , with 'Mathwiz' tweak , the ADOBE PRIMETIME CDM 'Plugin' install *DOES* solve the problem.

Just a little friendly hint, and the above only as short example: You intend to help, which is great, but you're probably the only one who considers 'stumbling-quotes' around each and every name and other normal words as helpful for reading. Additionally to all the other stumbling-*starlets* and uppercase emphasizes etc. too. If used moderately that's true, but stumbling over every second word feels for readers like wandering through a stony creek bed ;-)

This would be much smoother already, even with still 1/3 marked words:
> However, now, with Mathwiz tweak, the ADOBE PRIMETIME CDM Plugin install DOES solve the problem.

On 1/25/2020 at 9:09 AM, ClassicNick said:

By default, the SSL protocol disabled problem on Windows 95 still persists, however, I noticed that coping NSS related files from Retrozilla, or K-Meleon fixes the SSL protocol disabled problem. If anyone wants a list of the files I copied, I will post back.

archive updated fixing sqlite3.dll calling functions not exist in old windows.

Very interesting that Moonchild is perfectly OK with continued use of Pale Moon on Windows 7, which is now EOL, but they couldn't be steadfast enough of ridding of Windows XP support.

Now, I'm fine with the mass-jettison of XP, but it's either one way or the other.  Me thinks, since the Pale Moon crew runs Windows 7, well then that makes it OK, but since XP is just all the rest of you, well too bad.

I'm over on Windows 8 anyway, and again I'm not an XP defender, but flip-flopping on an issue just bugs me.

https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=23681

2 hours ago, Jody Thornton said:

... I'm not an XP defender, but flip-flopping on an issue just bugs me.

(MAT) Mat A Tobin (PALEMOON affiliated programmer = Borealis Browser , more) is now
supposedly supporting to contribute to BRANDING activity with regard to RT's Browsers (WinXP OS).
But to be certain , for MAT , the goal is also to minimize annoyance to MAT (PALEMOON) too.
Which actually , Mathwiz did PULLS to fix the HELP URLs active in the RT Browsers , to aim at RT websites.
That was done via no prompting from MAT either. So , not sure what that means for MAT or PALEMOON.
But , Mathwiz sees an upside to working with MAT on BRANDING of RT's Browsers , same here.
As to IF that anything will actually come of it (RT BRANDING and MAT) , not sure. But at least
there is a notion to listen to MAT. Rather than to freeze out MAT over past friction events.

As to "flip-flopping" or even trolling (?) behavior based on "bugs me" , actually FINE here. :)

JT replied below --> "Matt's co-operation with the crew here is tremendous."
... NOT quite sure what "crew" that you mean it. And RT (himself) seems somewhat
underwhelmed by BRANDING notions , but okay.

JT replied below --> "I just hate when people are disingenuous in any manner."
... The INTERNET is a big place. :)

Edited by TechnoRelic

5 hours ago, Jody Thornton said:

Very interesting that Moonchild is perfectly OK with continued use of Pale Moon on Windows 7, which is now EOL, but they couldn't be steadfast enough of ridding of Windows XP support.

Now, I'm fine with the mass-jettison of XP, but it's either one way or the other.  Me thinks, since the Pale Moon crew runs Windows 7, well then that makes it OK, but since XP is just all the rest of you, well too bad.

I'm over on Windows 8 anyway, and again I'm not an XP defender, but flip-flopping on an issue just bugs me.

They probably figure since they're doing the work to maintain it the inconsistency is just fine. Google, Microsoft, and Mozilla can be just as inconsistent at times and they will always find ways to justify it. On Windows 7 I'm using this version since it restores many of the features they've removed so either way I'm glad the support is still there and hope it doesn't go away anytime soon.