Force "multiprocess mode" in FF 52

21 hours ago, dmiranda said:

@XPerceniol, why the network.websocket stuff?

I don't know ... Lol!

I reset user_pref("network.websocket.enabled and its gone, so I guess it was no longer active. I've been carrying those prefs around for a while because at one point I was told it was a security issue. I guess I'll decrease my paranoia and reset them their defaults. I trust somebody here would say something about that is it were still an issue on Serpent 52. I actually gave up on FF52.9.1 and only use it for testing now.

• 5 months later...

@Slavich : How does your latest post above fit into this thread/topic? :dubbio::angry:

This is about force-enabling multiprocess (aka electrolysis=e10s) in Firefox 52 ESR (under Windows XP) and in roytam1's Serpent 52.9.0/55.0.0 forks...

4 hours ago, Slavich said:

the latest versions of the browser... New Moon is the default browser.

Please post any issue(s) you have with New Moon (27 or 28?) in the appropriate thread ...

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey there. I need to ask something about this. I noticed a problem when i first tried this out with Firefox a few years ago. When i use this multiprocess mode. I noticed a major problem is the backspace key wont ever work anymore. I cant ever delete anything i type in any forms on any websites, etc. And/or it will act as if i hit the back button to go back 1 webpage instead.

I find this extremely annoying and I dont bother to use it for that reason... but

I just randomly tried using this today on the Serpent Browser (latest version by Roytam1) ..and the exact same thing still happens here too. The backspace key either not working period at all, or becoming a secondary "go back 1 page"
Why does this happen and how can it be fixed?? If it cant then again i'll never bother using this "multi process" mode again.

I already tried googling for a little while about this issue, found nothing. And i searched this thread here for "space" or "backspace" and got no results. :(

I know this was asked and answered on @roytam1's thread but it makes sense to post that problem and the workaround in this thread too, since others may have the same question and his thread is cluttered with so many unrelated things. So, here's the backspace key fix:

On 6/4/2024 at 9:16 PM, Mathwiz said:

There's a fix for that. Set dom.keyboardevent.keypress.dispatch_non_printable_in_content to true in about:config.

On 6/4/2024 at 9:39 PM, kuja killer said:

woa, that actually worked. yea it's acting normal now when i tested again after doing that. Well.. i would never had a clue about that. :| Thank you.

All I get from e10s on Serpent are bugs, random extensions not working, can't even use Actual Window Manager with the browser on XP, just makes basilisk.exe stuck with full CPU core utilization.