FFMpeg Windows XP Updated Builds by CoRoNe

FranceBB

22 minutes ago, Rod Steel said:

How did you do that? Can you tell that?

Download the linked file, extract MPCVideoDec.ax somewhere, open the command prompt, navigate to the folder where you extracted the file, then type regsvr32 MPCVideoDec.ax

• 3 months later...

OK.

Yeah, CUDA is usable on XP, at least I know that decoding works for sure. PotPlayer offers an option to use it. Encoding should also work, nvEncodeAPI.dll / nvEncodeAPI64.dll are present, though I don't have any software to put them to use.

• 1 year later...

Hello, I use the FFmpeg for Windows XP builds to watch Live TV streams. Really nice work and thanks for that. But there is a problem. All new xpmod-sse builds work great and better than the old legacy ones except with Live streams of two German local channels ZDF and ZDFneo. The stream urls are https://zdf-hls-15.akamaized.net/hls/live/2016498/de/med/master.m3u8 and https://zdf-hls-16.akamaized.net/hls/live/2016499/de/med/master.m3u8. ffplay.exe of old legacy build ffmpeg-N-93674-g1e01f66-win32-static_legacy can play these streams without errors. Something must have changed by modifying I think. Any ideas? Thanks and regards :wacko:

I'm getting "HTTP error 403 Forbidden" for both these urls with my most recent build as well as the old build you mentioned. I think there's a pretty good chance you have to add a referer to open these streams.

Thanks for very quick reply! I'm not getting "HTTP error 403 Forbidden" for both urls. I think you have to be in Germany to watch these streams due to terms of license . Maybe you can test it with a German VPN. I triied a German VPN and it works too. ffplay.exe of old legacy build ffmpeg-N-93674-g1e01f66-win32-static_legacy can play these streams without errors in Germany or using German VPN but using any new xpmod-sse builds no chance. In the command line log window I can see "skip...." endless lines. Then I got error message of windows. Maybe you want a log of these errors? It seems the new ones can't find audio streams and so on. :(

Edited by AstroSkipper
Correction

Sorry, I thought you are the creator of these new xpmod-sse binaries on https://rwijnsma.home.xs4all.nl/files/ffmpeg/?C=M;O=D. Do you know who the author of these binaries is? By the way there are a lot of free German VPN or German proxy servers but anyway I need new binaries only for Windows XP. So your link https://ffmpeg.org/download.html#build-windows does not help and I think there is something going wrong by building these specific new xpmod-sse binaries so the original coder of FFmpeg can't help. Help of the creator of these specific new xpmod-sse binaries is needed! Thanks so far :hello:

I am, but like I said, I'm not an FFmpeg coder. I'm just an FFmpeg user like you who took it upon himself to grab the FFmpeg source and tried to compile WinXP compatible binaries.
I linked to the (sort of) official Windows binaries so you can test (on a Win7/8/10/11 pc) whether these fail as well. If so, then you should really turn to the FFmpeg coders/community.
For what it's worth... I haven't touched FFmpeg's code for opening and/or parsing HLS videostreams at least.

Edited by Reino

I'm having also strange issues with ffmpeg.exe in Windows Vista. Can not find the entry point of the procedure CM_Get_DevNode_PropertyW on the dinamic link library CFGMGR32.dll. I want to know how to solve that or if is there an alternative ffmpeg.exe. I'm using Windows Vista X64, and I included the fmpeg.exe.local file and the ExKernel dll files.

use a free vpn ? 

login:

de4.vpnbook.com

password:

ct36a3k

does that cuda gpu engine do something software cant do ? sounds weird to me you can emulate everything a cpu/gpu/semiconductor can do

of course they will be a lot performance lost but with greater and faster cpus even software based render could reach and pass the often 10 times+ faster hardware acceleration

with sse commands probaly a lot closer to hardware acceleration

having more of cpu cores probaly also help in this questioning