Which Antiviruses are Known for a Fact to be Working on XP SP3 as of 2019?

spacequakes

13 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

I mean, I feel sorry that you lost trust and hope in Malwarebytes, despite being an old customer of Malwarebytes.

That seems to be the norm these days. I'm not particularly squeamish and I can handle it well. The hard school of life! Being an old customer no longer means anything. Only the new customer counts until he/she/it has bought, then you are an old customer again. That was definitely different in the past.smilie_denk_24.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

At the beginning of March, this 5-year-old thread was only 27 pages long!? :blink: I took a vacation from MSFN this month because certain members were driving me nuts, and spent most of the afternoon yesterday catching up on reading this thread - but I didn’t learn very much. I’m glad that someone (AstroSkipper) finally tried Qihoo 360. Back in the day, no one wanted to use anything from China; but the 360 Chromium fork is your best browser option now so might as well consider their antivirus I guess!? I replied about the Malwarebytes “crisis” on the previous page, but it should be noted that version 3.5.1 will reach 5 years of age on May 8, so no one should be surprised if definition updates are soon cut off - just as they were for version 2.2.1 (an old favorite of mine) nearly a year ago.

26 minutes ago, Vistapocalypse said:

but it should be noted that version 3.5.1 will reach 5 years of age on May 8, so no one should be surprised if definition updates are soon cut off 

Sure, no worries. I even wrote yesterday that I wouldn't be surprised if the updates get pulled now.

On 3/30/2023 at 6:01 PM, mina7601 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to pull them now, to be honest.

1 hour ago, Vistapocalypse said:

At the beginning of March, this 5-year-old thread was only 27 pages long!? :blink:

Yep, this thread has grown a bit. :P

and spent most of the afternoon yesterday catching up on reading this thread - but I didn’t learn very much.

Unfortunately, there are many repetitions. But not learning very much always means that a few things were there, right? :D

I’m glad that someone (AstroSkipper) finally tried Qihoo 360. Back in the day, no one wanted to use anything from China; but the 360 Chromium fork is your best browser option now so might as well consider their antivirus I guess!?

You're welcome! Qihu 360 Total Security Essential 8.8.0.1119 is indeed a new option and not that bad. I do not have any problems using Chinese programs. In China, Windows XP is still quite present. Therefore, one must also increasingly expect Chinese software and be glad that there are still countries that develop programs for our old operating systems. :cool:

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

2 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

At the beginning of March, this 5-year-old thread was only 27 pages long!? :blink: 

I took a vacation from MSFN this month because certain members were driving me nuts, and spent most of the afternoon yesterday catching up on reading this thread - but I didn’t learn very much.

neither do I. :wacko:

2 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

Back in the day, no one wanted to use anything from China; but the 360 Chromium fork is your best browser option now so might as well consider their antivirus I guess!?

you can't compare the modified 360 chrome @NotHereToPlayGames to their chinese AV

17 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

The screenshot he posted wasn’t even from a Vista or XP system

... That MB Forum poster never mentioned WinXP himself, TBH :whistle:, but he did write:

legacy Malwarebytes Premium v3.5.1 no longer receive updates for legacy systems with Never Expiring License?

in his original post; "legacy systems with Never Expiring License" do comprise WinXP, though, hence the rise of interest here ;) ... In one of his subsequent posts, "he" made it clear "he" was running 3.5.1. on Vista and Win7; it's relatively easy to tell from the screenshot in his OP that it's been taken from one of his Win7 systems...

17 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

Perhaps you should post to tell that user that 3.5.1 is working fine on XP and Vista,

:P; I wouldn't do that myself; for all they know, the admins of that support forum :angry: live under the impression "That version (i.e. 3.5.1) no longer has updates."; tipping them that their impression is not true currently will only result in them tipping, in turn, those involved, who, no doubt, would turn a (perhaps forgotten?) switch to OFF even sooner :( ...

BTW, I see no reason now for further posts about MBAM Legacy updating its definitions/pattern signatures on either XP or Vista ;); ; what would be "post-worthy", no doubt, is the time it stops doing so permanently (on either OS) :dubbio:...

3 hours ago, VistaLover said:

:P; I wouldn't do that myself; for all they know, the admins of that support forum :angry: live under the impression "That version (i.e. 3.5.1) no longer has updates."; tipping them that their impression is not true currently will only result in them tipping, in turn, those involved, who, no doubt, would turn a (perhaps forgotten?) switch to OFF even sooner :( ...

BTW, I see no reason now for further posts about MBAM Legacy updating its definitions/pattern signatures on either XP or Vista ;); ; what would be "post-worthy", no doubt, is the time it stops doing so permanently (on either OS) :dubbio:...

You're absolutely right! What is to happen will happen anyway. There's nothing we can do about it anyway. smilie_denk_24.gif And we don't want to make it worse, do we? Time to move on in this thread. papy07.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

8 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

That seems to be the norm these days. I'm not particularly squeamish and I can handle it well. The hard school of life! Being an old customer no longer means anything. Only the new customer counts until he/she/it has bought, then you are an old customer again. That was definitely different in the past.smilie_denk_24.gif

So, what you are trying to say is, it doesn't matter to you anymore if you are an old customer or not, right?

9 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

At the beginning of March, this 5-year-old thread was only 27 pages long!? :blink: I took a vacation from MSFN this month because certain members were driving me nuts, and spent most of the afternoon yesterday catching up on reading this thread - but I didn’t learn very much.

Yep, did the same, took some time off, got back today, and these users who write spammy-style "how do you do, me too" nonsense are still here, unfortunately ! 

But hey, on the bright side, didn't you see the Italian-made antivirus @jaclaz found for me ?

9 hours ago, D.Draker said:

spammy-style "how do you do, me too" nonsense

Nicely worded!:buehehe:

9 hours ago, D.Draker said:

But hey, on the bright side, didn't you see the Italian-made antivirus @jaclaz found for me ?

And, did you already test Vir.IT eXplorer? I am interested in your results. :P

Edited by AstroSkipper

20 hours ago, mina7601 said:

So, what you are trying to say is, it doesn't matter to you anymore if you are an old customer or not, right?

Dear @AstroSkipper, why did you ignore this question? I asked it to ensure if I understood correctly what you said or not. Please respond. Thank you.