Aero Glass ThemeAtlas

Here it is... not sure if anyone wants it. I used the theme from "Rounded Corners No Color" and the caption buttons from "lqytn78". Took a little bit of Photoshop modification, but overall looks decent to me.

7_Alt.zip

post-408973-0-69331500-1442182752_thumb.

Edited by dacrone

Here it is... not sure if anyone wants it. I used the theme from "Rounded Corners No Color" and the caption buttons from "lqytn78". Took a little bit of Photoshop modification, but overall looks decent to me.

It looks very nice indeed!  :yes:

Clsharp theme update!

Okay so, I've been doing some tweaks to my theme and decided to call it version 2. I'm now satisfied how it works and maybe I don't have to tweak it again too much after this. I wanted to make new post for this since the old one wouldn't even allow me to keep the old files, due to 500KB upload limit. Even though I made overall tweaks to make the theme more complete, I also included flat edition on it. While shading only makes a small difference over flat version, I felt it works better when you have more opaque color settings in use. This way people can choose what to use for their taste.

Normal Preview:

Fi1vwjWt.jpg

Flat Preview:

d0sv16Et.jpg

Open them in different tabs so you can see face to face what's the difference really.

I hope you enjoy! :)

Can you make it so either the X has a red box around it (that changes with hover) or make the X red itself with the same tint change on hover? 

Clsharp theme update!

Okay so, I've been doing some tweaks to my theme and decided to call it version 2. I'm now satisfied how it works and maybe I don't have to tweak it again too much after this. I wanted to make new post for this since the old one wouldn't even allow me to keep the old files, due to 500KB upload limit. Even though I made overall tweaks to make the theme more complete, I also included flat edition on it. While shading only makes a small difference over flat version, I felt it works better when you have more opaque color settings in use. This way people can choose what to use for their taste.

Normal Preview:

Fi1vwjWt.jpg

Flat Preview:

d0sv16Et.jpg

Open them in different tabs so you can see face to face what's the difference really.

Can you make it so either the X has a red box around it (that changes with hover) or make the X red itself with the same tint change on hover? 

Is this one what you're looking for? I take no credit for it's creation, just a reupload from earlier in this thread...

post-408973-0-82126500-1442241281_thumb.

LTgiJGy.zip

So I tried a bit experimenting with the color blending and I was able to achieve similar effect to Win7. Some regions look much better, but some regions look too over-saturated (but same thing happens in Win7 too).

The problem is that it is deeply dependent on blur balance which is dependent on used glass color. It wasn't problem in Win7/8 where ColorizationBlurBalance was generated together with the color change, but Win10 always set it to 1 so it would be a bit user-unfriendly.

Cool!

Could you make it a registry option that could be enabled but not on by default?  I'd surely opt for more color saturation than I'm able to get now.

-Noel

Do you think that this satisfy the blending request?

glass8.eu/out/BlurBlendingTest.7z

As I said, it looks good for some colors but too over-saturated for another colors. You can alter the behaviour with classic ColorizationBlurBalance and ColorizationAfterglowBalance settings. DWM restart is probably needed to changes take effect and, unfortunately, you cannot set separate balances for active/inactive frames. Only ColorizationColorBalance can be set for both separately.

As I said, it looks good for some colors but too over-saturated for another colors. You can alter the behaviour with classic ColorizationBlurBalance and ColorizationAfterglowBalance settings. DWM restart is probably needed to changes take effect and, unfortunately, you cannot set separate balances for active/inactive frames. Only ColorizationColorBalance can be set for both separately.

Seems like a step in the right direction.  It renders a lot more color in title bars that are rendered against a dark background, and that helps visually differentiate windows better.  I can now get a real electric blue look.  Thanks!

Unfortunately the color seems to shift (to a different hue) as the translucent parts go over a lighter background, which makes it seem touchy with certain colors.  I haven't had much time to tweak the color values yet, so this may be something that can be worked around.

AGUpdatedColorMixing.png

You might want to make it a selectable option, or at least have all the parameters on sliders that can be controlled more easily via the GUI application.  It will then be more likely people will be able to choose just the colors they like.

Nice job!

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

Clsharp theme update!

Normal Preview:

Fi1vwjWt.jpg

Flat Preview:

d0sv16Et.jpg

Is this one what you're looking for? I take no credit for it's creation, just a reupload from earlier in this thread...

Either with the red box around the x or make the x red itself on hover.

Clsharp theme update!

Normal Preview:

Fi1vwjWt.jpg

Flat Preview:

d0sv16Et.jpg

Something like this? f6edc8d2e5.jpg

Clsharp theme update!

Normal Preview:

Fi1vwjWt.jpg

Flat Preview:

d0sv16Et.jpg

Something like this? f6edc8d2e5.jpg

I love that X with the Red glow.  It really sets it off!  Classy!

Seems like a step in the right direction.  It renders a lot more color in title bars that are rendered against a dark background, and that helps visually differentiate windows better.  I can now get a real electric blue look.  Thanks!

Unfortunately the color seems to shift (to a different hue) as the translucent parts go over a lighter background, which makes it seem touchy with certain colors.  I haven't had much time to tweak the color values yet, so this may be something that can be worked around.

Currently, the blending formula should be exactly same as in Win7/8. The problem are different colors and balances which are generated by Win10 thus user must alter them manually.

There is important rule that AfterglowBalance + ColorBalance + BlurBalance = 100. If it is higher, all light colors will be cut to white and will blend together.

Clsharp theme update!

I'll check it out, but I have to say I'm not a fan of italic windows titles.

It's purely optional, as you will see (it's a .reg file what you can use). I've mentioned in the zip file comment section how you can change it yourself to something else (as in, use winaero tweaker for example).

Not a fan of the glow. I think if the X was red itself and slightly changed hues on hover and click, it would pop.

If people really want to adjust the glow colors to their liking and such, it is the very reason why I edited the resources from my original version to make all the buttons have their own glow again. Indirect plus was that it also helped on readjusting the min-button glow strength and position too. Default margins were huge in the layout file, so I found making them nonexistent allows you to draw more clear image on it without it getting disorted on middle/corners. The glows are from left to right next to eachother in bottom right corner in the .PNG file, easy to spot.

Just changing the color-hue itself is a 10 second job in these days and I invite you all to use some easy photoeditting tools (I use GIMP for making this) so you can make it how you like.

I personally dislike the colorized buttons/glows and especially blue windows default colors (what it always has), so I can't see it looking good in anyway. BUT I don't know, maybe just making the x-part hover on red might not be such a bad idea. I just don't see the need for it when the whole theme is basically neutral on colors - it makes it unbalanced imho, and would basically need some (like that turquoise?) color for all the buttons.

Example: by just going through the button's hover image and glow image, apply red colorify to both... you'll get this. As you can see it's not hard. Maybe red itself is just such a dark color that you would need to copy paste the glow couple of times to make it stronger perhaps.

redhover.png

Edited by Kankipappa