KernelEx for Win2000

7 hours ago, TheFighterJetDude said:

@blackwingcat When you start working on the extended kernel v3.2 these are some things that could possibly be added to it (some people on reddit came up with this list):

GPT disk + UEFI support (ported from XP/32 bit 2003?)

Also, for the Extended Core v1.7:

Add USB 3.0+USB 3.1+USB 3.2, and NVMe support for Intel/AMD and other manufacturer motherboards

UEFI support isn't even complete on XP/2003 32bit. Some drivers(USB3.x, eMMC, etc...) from Win7/8 are successfully backported to XP(thanks to NTOSKRNL_EMU project), but it requires a lot of modification to run in Win2K. It won't be easy.

6 hours ago, R1600 said:

UEFI support isn't even complete on XP/2003 32bit. Some drivers(USB3.x, eMMC, etc...) from Win7/8 are successfully backported to XP(thanks to NTOSKRNL_EMU project), but it requires a lot of modification to run in Win2K. It won't be easy.

I know it won't be easy, but with time and if the community helps out it can probably work out !

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, LostEntrepreneur439 said:

image.thumb.png.5ea6fa0b92673e670d9eaa6efe52ca67.png

Trying to use Supermiun with KernelEx, I get this error. That file does exist in D:\Program Files\Supermium\122.whatever, so idk what's it talking about. Here's my current KernelEx settings.

image.png.9db174c298a3d2dd3b0a349814a51b90.png

you can found it in X:\Program Files\Supermium\122.0.xxxx.xx and copy it to X:\WINNT\system32\wbem  , but it is not yet stable on Windows 2000.

Edited by windows2

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Hi, is there any current anti virus software with updated signatures that run either on vanilla 2000, 2000 sp4, sp5 or the current kernel ex? I currently try to get clamav working on a hp vectra VL400 with pentium III at 733 MHz, unfortunately with a spinning hard disk and only 256 MiB RAM. I guess, using a SSD for pagefile.sys is highly recommended. It took >6h and >1500 MiB virtual Memory to just load the signature database. Also it's known for false positive and eventually not very high recognition rates too. EDIT: Okay, just found out, that the CPU only got SSE but no SSE2

Edited by Jarsin

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/29/2024 at 10:41 AM, LostEntrepreneur439 said:

Trying to use Supermiun with KernelEx, I get this error. That file does exist in D:\Program Files\Supermium\122.whatever, so idk what's it talking about. Here's my current KernelEx settings

I've got similar situation: searched computer for chrome_elf.dll, found it and put it in the folder with chrome.exe.

Then i was asked for dbhelp.hll, searched the web for WinXP x86 version of the file and put it in the same folder.

After that system showed up following error:

The procedure entry point strncat_s could not be located in thd dynamic link library msvcrt.dll.

Next, I put in Supremium folder msvcrt.dll file from System32 with no effect, then tried msvcrt.dll from OnePiece pack - no luck again.

Here is a cross-link to gitHub to win32ss conversation:

https://github.com/win32ss/supermium/issues/677

Just to link things up, for followers.

By the way, is there a reliable method to check if the KernelEx installation is correct?

Edited by spacedrone808
fixing errors

1 hour ago, spacedrone808 said:

I've got similar situation: searched computer for chrome_elf.dll, found it and put it in the folder with chrome.exe.

Then i was asked for dbhelp.hll, searched the web for WinXP x86 version of the file and put it in the same folder.

After that system showed up following error:

The procedure entry point strncat_s could not be located in thd dynamic link library msvcrt.dll.

Next, I put in Supremium folder msvcrt.dll file from System32 with no effect, then tried msvcrt.dll from OnePiece pack - no luck again.

Here is a cross-link to gitHub to win32ss conversation:

https://github.com/win32ss/supermium/issues/677

Just to link things up, for followers.

By the way, is there a reliable method to check if the KernelEx installation is correct?

You probably need to reinstall the kernel with these settings (MSVCTR must be the one from NT6):

image.png.9db174c298a3d2dd3b0a349814a51b90.png.a823a1600ca9ac9a981aac4d2e007ffc.png

Then once you install Supermium, move everything inside the 122.0.6261.152 folder (depending on version) next to chrome.exe and make a shortcut with "--no-sandbox --single-process --process-per-site".

It might crash after a few minutes though.

On 6/21/2024 at 1:43 PM, woi said:

You probably need to reinstall the kernel with these settings (MSVCTR must be the one from NT6):

Thanks you so much, it almost fixed things. I reinstalled with this settings, but now browser just hangs up at startup immediately.

Also i've installed .net 4.0,direcxtX9 june 2010,VisualC++ 2019. But this doesn't help.

Is there anything we can do about it?

Btw, how do you execute control panel of extended kernel? I am dragging wlu file to vbe installer. Is there any other method to execute it correctly?

Edited by spacedrone808
information added

7 hours ago, spacedrone808 said:

Thanks you so much, it almost fixed things. I reinstalled with this settings, but now browser just hangs up at startup immediately.

Also i've installed .net 4.0,direcxtX9 june 2010,VisualC++ 2019. But this doesn't help.

Is there anything we can do about it?

Btw, how do you execute control panel of extended kernel? I am dragging wlu file to vbe installer. Is there any other method to execute it correctly?

first you should to download the latest version of wlu updator v1.6 : http://www.win2k.org/wlu/wluen.htm

the first execution of the Windows2000-KB935839-v31lM-x86-ENU.wlu with double click on it and wait few second, if some update not installed the installer will install them , then restart the system , then you should to run the .wlu file again and the panel of extended kernel will appear select your options a mentioned in capture at first and install then restart. and then as @woi mention in supermium make a shortcut with "--no-sandbox --single-process --process-per-site"

this video explain how to install extended kernel from scratch if the windows 2000 iso is original :

53 minutes ago, windows2 said:

first you should to download the latest version of wlu updator

Although i've done almost all things correctly, i repeated them step-by-step as per yt instructions.

Browser shortcut keys are also correct. But supermium just won't start, but no errors, count this as an improvement.

Host machine is Windows 7 x64 VirtualBox 6.1.50. 

I suppose that it is simply not possible to run on some h/w configurations due to alpha quality of software.

On 6/24/2024 at 1:54 PM, spacedrone808 said:

Although i've done almost all things correctly, i repeated them step-by-step as per yt instructions.

Browser shortcut keys are also correct. But supermium just won't start, but no errors, count this as an improvement.

Host machine is Windows 7 x64 VirtualBox 6.1.50. 

I suppose that it is simply not possible to run on some h/w configurations due to alpha quality of software.

The host machine does not have any impact , but maybe you need to replace the progwrp.dll in  system32: https://github.com/win32ss/supermium/files/14072900/progwrp.zip , and in shortcut make --no-proxy-server --enable-features=NetworkServiceInProcess --disable-background-networking --no-sandbox --single-process --disable-gpu

Edited by windows2

• 4 weeks later...