KernelEx for Win2000

2 hours ago, R1600 said:

Basically I want to do the same thing. However, BWC said that without ImageBase address and other changes, he could not guarantee normal operation and full localization.
You can find that some files (for example, dnsapi.dll) don't have resource (except for version info), but the Japanese and English versions have different ImageBases.

you should work on JP version if you want to localise it to Chinese/Korean versions.

Hi @blackwingcat! I keep forgetting to tell you this. Basically, your modded Qualcomm Atheros AR5B125 WiFi driver works under Windows 2000, however, I notice that when the driver is enabled, the computer becomes INSANELY slow, and I don't know why. If I disable the card, the slowness goes away and the computer is speedy once again. It's almost as if it is hogging all the resources, but idk. Any help on fixing this greatly appreciated!

• 2 months later...

Hello, @blackwingcat,
Please fix this bug found in the latest extended kernel:
Screenshot_1.png.98526eec4fa7703b59bee10647b897e6.png

Also, I am wondering is it possible to get the XP/Vista compatible version of Malwarebytes running on 2000? I have tried, but without success.

Thanks.

Edited by NojusK

On 11/6/2023 at 4:22 PM, NojusK said:

Hello, @blackwingcat,
Please fix this bug found in the latest extended kernel:
Screenshot_1.png.98526eec4fa7703b59bee10647b897e6.png

Also, I am wondering is it possible to get the XP/Vista compatible version of Malwarebytes running on 2000? I have tried, but without success.

Thanks.

On 11/6/2023 at 8:02 PM, mina7601 said:

I already reported it before:

But no response yet. :dubbio:

hi all , blackwingcat fix this problem now in revised version of v3.1k 

download it : https://win2k.org/blog/2010/12/02/1299806

1 hour ago, windows2 said:

hi all , blackwingcat fix this problem now in revised version of v3.1k 

download it : https://win2k.org/blog/2010/12/02/1299806

I am running the latest version 3.1kM   and the bug is still present.

And regarding MBAM, I got version 1.75 running and much prefer it over 3.x and it updates with no issues after following @AstroSkipper's instructions.
mbam_update.png.4e48a85d5ec1588519a71a58502e690e.png

:thumbup

5 hours ago, NojusK said:

I am running the latest version 3.1kM   and the bug is still present.

And regarding MBAM, I got version 1.75 running and much prefer it over 3.x and it updates with no issues after following @AstroSkipper's instructions.
mbam_update.png.4e48a85d5ec1588519a71a58502e690e.png

:thumbup

i talk about the button dialog bug , please re-download the v3.1k version from the blog :) . and if the database of anti-malware update to v2023.11.0.18 with success ,so if you can make video in youtube explain to the people of Win2000 ;) 

35 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

He didn't say he fixed the dialog box buttons bug.

Yes blackwingcat didn't say he fixed the dialog buttons but when i re-download the v3.1k today , and i test the dialog and it appear correctly : Capture2k.PNG?ex=655e157c&is=654ba07c&hm

Edited by windows2

48 minutes ago, windows2 said:

i talk about the button dialog bug , please re-download the v3.1k version from the blog :) . and if the database of anti-malware update to v2023.11.0.18 with success ,so if you can make video in youtube explain to the people of Win2000 ;) 

Yes blackwingcat didn't say he fixed the dialog buttons but when i re-download the v3.1k today , and i test the dialog and it appear correctly : Capture2k.PNG?ex=655e157c&is=654ba07c&hm

Hello,
I do not use YT, but you can find how to get it working here: https://msfn.org/board/topic/184730-antimalware-firewall-and-other-security-programs-for-windows-xp-working-in-2023-and-hopefully-beyond/page/35/#comment-1248964

After re-installing v3.1kM, the dialog buttons seemed to have been fixed::thumbup
spacer.png

A new folder has also been created, which was not present in the previous install:
spacer.png

Anyways, everything seems to work as before!

Edited by NojusK

48 minutes ago, NojusK said:

A new folder has also been created, which was not present in the previous install:
spacer.png

Anyways, everything seems to work as before!

Nice :) 

This folder exists in older versions, but there is a version that Blackwingcat start forgot to include, and now it's fixed as well.

You can use the Compatible Setting Tool FCWIN (fcwin2k) if any program has a condition to run in newer versions of Windows to bypass it.

Edited by windows2

10 hours ago, windows2 said:

9 hours ago, NojusK said:

After re-installing v3.1kM, the dialog buttons seemed to have been fixed::thumbup
spacer.png

OK, so he fixed the dialog buttons. Very great to know!

8 hours ago, windows2 said:

This folder exists in older versions, but there is a version that Blackwingcat start forgot to include, and now it's fixed as well.

This is incorrect, it's still not fixed. If you read carefully what @NojusK said, he said:

9 hours ago, NojusK said:

After re-installing v3.1kM, a new folder has also been created, which was not present in the previous install:
nLqwSYG.png

Note the bolded text: which means the "Windows 2000 Power Pack" folder got created after he installed the revised v3.1k in top of the old v3.1k, not after he installed revised v3.1k without having the old v3.1k already installed. In fact, the "Windows 2000 Power Pack" folder still doesn't get created on a clean installation of the extended kernel.

Edited by mina7601

9 hours ago, mina7601 said:

This is incorrect, it's still not fixed. If you read carefully what @NojusK said, he said:

Note the bolded text: which means the "Windows 2000 Power Pack" folder got created after he installed the revised v3.1k in top of the old v3.1k, not after he installed revised v3.1k without having the old v3.1k already installed. In fact, the "Windows 2000 Power Pack" folder still doesn't get created on a clean installation of the extended kernel.

I thought this had been fixed, if you are sure that the folder of "Windows 2000 Power Pack" still doesn't get created on a clean installation of the extended kernel then @blackwingcat should know about this .

1 hour ago, windows2 said:

I thought this had been fixed, if you are sure that the folder of "Windows 2000 Power Pack" still doesn't get created on a clean installation of the extended kernel then @blackwingcat should know about this .

Yes, I am sure, and it has been like that for several versions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/23/2023 at 1:59 PM, anton12 said:

Hello Blackwingcat,
 with v3.1k  the toolbar of Outlook Express does not work properly.

with v3.0f  the toolbar of Outlook Express works ok.

The toolbar of Outlook Express works fine, the problem is that it's just misplaced, and there's also no menu bar.