Giving Your Windows Cosmetic Surgery

he renamed his krnl to ntoskrnl.exe or ntkrnlmp.exe depending on if it's single or multiprocessor, ran modifype ntoskrnl.exe -c on the files....

then ran makecab ntoskrnl.exe and then move the newly created ntoskrnl.ex_ to i386

In 6 months from today a virus will be unleased called the gosh virus.  It will change your wallpaper to the picture on my site, and rename every file on your computer to goshxxx.xxx.  Your computer will also silently come to this site and start fights with other people.

-gosh

lol :rolleyes::)!!

@ all

I decided to try my luck at a boot screen...

got a few by swissboy and read everything here and there.

boot scr works fine, then after icons settle and I reboot,

BSOD in a matter of seconds, reboot same thing.

but after that reboot seems to settle down, ZoneAlarm

trying to popup a window, BSOD, again.

Yes, I removed ZoneAlarm and reinstalled the Unattended Install

and worked fine.....

any help out there??

thanks bonedaddy

Hopefully someone has an answer here. I am having this problem with unattended install and themes. The install goes fine. It does load the theme that I chose, however, the style is not active. The taskbar and explorer windows take on the clasic windows style and not the theme's style.. Even if I change it in properties the style does not carry over... Any suggestions...

:/

Hopefully someone has an answer here. I am having this problem with unattended install and themes. The install goes fine. It does load the theme that I chose, however, the style is not active. The taskbar and explorer windows take on the clasic windows style and not the theme's style.. Even if I change it in properties the style does not carry over... Any suggestions...

:/

lucky you i can't get my theme to show on first boot at all... i checked everything end over end, it will show if i goto themes and select it myself... but thats not unattended... any one HELP :)

I have this in my winnt.sif does it make a difference if u have %systemroot% or %windir% ?? about to try it thought...

[Shell]
   CustomDefaultThemeFile="%Systemroot%\Resources\Themes\QubeClassic.theme"
   DefaultStartPanelOff = Yes

• 4 weeks later...

@bonedaddy

i think the problem lies with zonealarm, when longhorn first came out for beta installed zone alarm and right when it loaded BSOD everywhere.. ended up having to reformat ... so who knows.

also, a favorite program of mine, is ezywin ( for some who wanted to change the text in the start button it does this and changes/removes/adds custom menu's in the start button and changes boot screen and msgina.dll also .. i found out about them about before xp cameout used it on windows 2000 but does great with xp also)