Giving Your Windows Cosmetic Surgery

• 6 months later...

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Here's a challenge for you:

Find out a way to set the default window size of My Computer/Explorer.

Ive been trying all day yesterday and all day today to get a registry tweak working, but to no avail.

Heres a small hint, the window size is set in the numbered keys at this location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags

It's the WinPos1280x1024(1).bottom and WinPos1280x1024(1).right i want to be set at a different value.

Since i havent found a way in the registry im thinking its set in the explorer.exe, and since you guys are working on resource hacking some files, i thought you guys would know or have a look in it.

please! I'd love a tweak lite this myself, I don't like big explorer windows disturbing my drag-and-drop routines and I'd rather not use apps like zMover and AutoSizer.

hi b0r3d! link to uxtheme.cab is not working ... could you kindly provide me a new link. thanks!

tried the ff links to no avail:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?act=At...st&id=67792

http://www.MSFN.org/board/index.php?showtopic=9871

UXTHEME.DL_

uxtheme.dl_ hacked !, Come and get it !

http://www.webmedic.net/uxtheme.zip

Edited by Kiki Burgh

• 1 year later...

Any idea why wallpaper is not set automatically, windows style is set, but wallpaper not, if i choose my theme in themes after installation it set wallpaper withouth problem \:

Theme:

; Copyright © Microsoft Corp. 1995-2001

[Theme]

; Recycle Bin
[CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\DefaultIcon]
full=C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll,32
empty=C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll,31

[Control Panel\Desktop]
Wallpaper=%WinDir%Resources\Themes\Mint\Piece_of_Mind_by_ChemaM_1024.jpg
TileWallpaper=0
WallpaperStyle=2
Pattern=
ScreenSaveActive=0

[MasterThemeSelector]
MTSM=DABJDKT
ThemeColorBPP=4

[VisualStyles]
Path=%WinDir%resources\Themes\Mint\Mint.msstyles
ColorStyle=GradTBFul
Size=ExtraLargeFonts

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

[VisualStyles]

Path=C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\cbfield\cbfield.msstyles

ColorStyle=NormalColor

Size=NormalSize

I DO NOT KNOW WHAT THIS MEAN MSSTYLES. I CANT SEE IT IN MY RESOURCES.THEMES FOLDER

IF I JUST LEAVE IT LIKE THAT IT GIVES AN ERROR IN NLITE.

Add this to your tweaks.reg file: - Thanks to DaveXP for this tweak

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\General]"BackupWallpaper"="c:\\windows\\web\\wallpaper\\xppaper.jpg""Wallpaper"="c:\\windows\\web\\wallpaper\\xppaper.jpg"

I MADE A TWEAKS.REG FILE IN NOTEPAD BUT I DONT KNOW WHERE TO ADD/INTEGRATE IT IN MY NLITE INSTALLATION

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

my bad, i was in a rush...

the post is fixed and quoted.

thnx DPR for pointing that out, not lookin to take credit from anyone.

anyway finished the script and posting here....help from unforgiven1 on the for command

FOR /F "tokens=3 delims=  " %%A IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Session Manager\Environment" /v NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS') DO SET NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=%%A

bootcfg /copy /D "Windows XP Professional" /ID 1
if %NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS%==2 goto DUAL
REM ----For Single proc
bootcfg /RAW "/Kernel=OEMKrnl.exe" /A  /ID 2
goto End
:DUAL
REM ----For Multiprocess/Hyperthread proc
bootcfg /RAW "/Kernel=dualKrnl.exe" /A  /ID 2
:End
bootcfg /Timeout 2
bootcfg /Default /ID 2

put it in its seperate batch file, as anything after it won't be run. Call it from wherever, but jsut its own batch, or at the VERY end of one of your last ones

i put it in cmdlines.txt at the end of my user creation but whatever is good.

I make a copy of the initial boot line so incase it doens't work i still have the original to boot from without editing files anymore.

Enjoy

Hi! I'm new to this forum and to the whole unattended subject. In the last few weeks i've been reading and learnig a lot of great stuff from you guys. Thank you very much for all your knowledge and patience for people like me.

My Question for Alanoll: I know this is an old topic, but i would like to known if it is possible to use an environment variable like this: "bootcfg /RAW "/Kernel=OEMKrnl.exe" /A /ID %environment_variable%".

Is there some kind of Environment Variable that contains the ID of the current Os we are using. I make this question because if we use your script in a multi-boot install and if we want to change the Logo of the OS number 1 (ID 1) or OS number 3 (ID 3) the it won't work..

Also, i'm using your script to build my own script for applying different Logos when the OS's are already installed. That's why i need that Environment Variable because without it, i don't know how to solve this problem (OS ID is static in the script).

I am sorry if my english is difficult to understand. I'm not a native speaker. I hope you understand my logic for what i want to do.

Thank you very much. I wait for an answer.

Bye.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.....................

I am doing this surgery for last 2 years :thumbup and i have changed nearly all possible icons and bitmaps in all exe and dll files of my unattended windows xp

this is how it looks

post-312613-0-80094100-1292947550_thumb.

post-312613-0-91402700-1292947577_thumb.

Edited by manvindar

well u can make a bat file and invoke it at runonce.............................

in my installation i have made a SFX archive and it invokes a bat file after extraction to integrate the registry settings

u can integrate the registry settings using the following key

regedit /s tweaks.reg

[VisualStyles]

Path=C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\cbfield\cbfield.msstyles

ColorStyle=NormalColor

Size=NormalSize

I DO NOT KNOW WHAT THIS MEAN MSSTYLES. I CANT SEE IT IN MY RESOURCES.THEMES FOLDER

IF I JUST LEAVE IT LIKE THAT IT GIVES AN ERROR IN NLITE.

Add this to your tweaks.reg file: - Thanks to DaveXP for this tweak

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\General]"BackupWallpaper"="c:\\windows\\web\\wallpaper\\xppaper.jpg""Wallpaper"="c:\\windows\\web\\wallpaper\\xppaper.jpg"

I MADE A TWEAKS.REG FILE IN NOTEPAD BUT I DONT KNOW WHERE TO ADD/INTEGRATE IT IN MY NLITE INSTALLATION

well u can make a bat file and invoke it at runonce.............................

in my installation i have made a SFX archive and it invokes a bat file after extraction to integrate the registry settings

u can integrate the registry settings using the following key

regedit /s tweaks.reg