HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

What was wrong with fetching the boot image?
It didn't work for me -- neither in HFSLIP, nor in another program I'm currently working on. I actually never noticed this because I don't use HFSLIP to make an ISO. When I noticed the problem in that other program, I tested it in HFSLIP and it didn't work there either.

It didn't work for me -- neither in HFSLIP, nor in another program I'm currently working on. I actually never noticed this because I don't use HFSLIP to make an ISO. When I noticed the problem in that other program, I tested it in HFSLIP and it didn't work there either.
I see. I wonder why no one reported that problem. Maybe not many people actually use the feature?

ey ... kinda got lost there ... :wacko: i'll second what Super-Magician

What was wrong with fetching the boot image?
didn't notice this all along ... i always create an ISO via HFSLIP to test it with other ISO created by another app ... maybe because i don't touch anymore my HFTOOLS folder which has it there (actually there's a .bin & .img there ... probably because i used to have mkisofs & cdimage both in the folder) ...

ah ... just the same ... i was right :D ... a new final!

Edited by Kiki Burgh

hi TC!

i actually exprimented on boot.bin & boot.img over the weekend ... with these files (and/or) in HFTOOLS folder ... no ISO was created ... no wonder the cmd file finished faster ... but when i took those 2 out with bbie & mkisofs still in HFTOOLS & leaving the original source CD in the drive, boot.bin was recreated & ISO was created as well ... ;)

as for the presence of the boot.bin there, i have never removed since i 1st used HFSLIP :D ... i got curious because of the posts i read prior to taking my days-off from work

oh btw, this was using 60803 ... i'll ask related questions in the appropriate thread: ISO creation fails with 60803

Edited by Kiki Burgh

Installation can not continue:

Maybe (probably) because nlite has an option to recompress ASMS files; I had one bug with that option and this is only an option because it has been reported to sometimes cause bugs

-Error:

SXS.DLL : syntax error in the manifest file or strategy file "D:\I386\asms\10\msft\windows\gdiplus\GDIPLUS.CA_ at line 0 (file non-empty)

-Error:

Installation failed : D:\I386\ASMS. Error message : Analysis error of the manifest file : invalid character has been found in the text content.

-Fatal Error:

One of the component Windows needs to continue installation program could not be installed.

(of course this is translated, and btw I'm a bit tired, it's so hot here nobody can sleep)

I'm going to try to try (not a mistake ;) ) again, without nlite's ASMS RECOMPRESSION.

... again

I copied a working i386\ASMS over the buggy one and tried again.

... would have been better if I did not forget to recreate the iso/ :rolleyes:

edit: went ok, checking HFs.

edit2: I probably woke up too early... I forgot to add Hfs. I should probably go back to bed. :/

And VirtualConsole for Avedesk is working. However, it can be CPU hungry, especially with makecab.

Edited by Camarade_Tux

@Camarade...

What I find strange is that Windows complains about an error in a manifest file, but it names a catalog file instead. Are you sure that isn't a typo?

That folder contains:

gdiplus.cat

gdiplus.dll

gdiplus.man

The manifest file is gdiplus.man.

When reducing the source, does nLite also delete files from ASMS?

Edited by Tomcat76

It has already happened.

nLite's help says ASMS recompression may cause bugs.

I don't know if it is hfslip's fault or not. I'll make some new tests soon. I only learnt makecab outputs a different file, depending on where the source file is stored! :o

This bug is also really funny : it complains about one file. You replace this file with a working one. Then it complains about another file. You replace that one with a working one too and it complains about a third file (the 3 files are in 10\....). And once you have replaced all files in the folder, it complains about "ASMS" folder itself. :wacko:

I'll see if T-39/DetachedPrograms+Filemon is of any help.

edit: now installing a non-nlited iso.

Edited by Camarade_Tux