HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

Me neither. The German version is a year old too. I think Tomalak was referring to something else.

Sorry, my fault - shouldn't have said "new", just meant "newer" (than the original that came with SP2). Yes, I was really referring to the one year old KB898461.

Regards,

Tomalak

Uh? Your browser's cache must be way behind, then. It was last updated on the 18th and "priviledges" is written "priviledges" in both the Preface and in Step 8.
I guess I should have made my point a little clearer :P. I was trying to say that 'privileges' should not be spelled with a 'd'.

:D

Oh, did anyone notice that for some reason you don't need to be logged in anymore to view this forum?

The program files will cause countless errors from users. I would strongly recommend to delete this section of code and not rebloat hfslip.

EDIT - TC informed me that he thoroughly tested this feature. Nevermind.

Edited by tommyp

We're slowly heading for a new release. I don't intend to add any more to it in this round, so... let us know if something broke. Comments on the new HFEXPERT\PROGRAMFILES feature would be nice too... :)

I'll test these test release asap, I was busy. ;)

I had to use hfslip this morning to make an XP SP2 CD. My first iso was bad because I used a CD with SP2 sent by Microsoft and the name of the pack was "XPSP2.EXE".

I then renamed it but I think it would be better if HFSlip recognized this too.

Thanks. ;)

:hello:

Woooooow ....... alot of changes and new features. So, i´ll have to spend some time in the next future to see and to learn. :thumbup

One Question i have before i start. Theres the need for me to copy one file during syssetup or during first logon in to %windir%. Please, how is the best way to do that??? :unsure: Could hfslip help???

Thx for your answer. :)

wela - please refer to the HFEXPERT page for fine details. Short answer, create a folder structure alongside your hfslip cmd file: HFEXPERT\WIN. Place your file in that folder.

:hello:

@tommyp. THX for the short answer. It helped. :)

Made a first test install with german Xpsp2 and the new feature Progfiles.

Works great.

Very good work guys!!! :thumbup

Made a final install with new features. My son is happy, WU is happy, i am happy. :thumbup

Edited by wela