HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

Don't know what you guys are talking about. The [sCSI.Load] code has been in there since the beginning...

ECHO>>WORK\SCSILOAD.TXT %%~nI = %%I,4

This is then copied into TXTSETUP.SIF.

@Oleg II: I don't think it's necessary to have STORAGE.INI in HFTOOLS. I'll just have HFSLIP check for *.SYS files.

Tomcat76

Don't be angy with me :) As I said I'm illiterate in coding :blushing:

Just want to be sure that all four parts are in their places in order it works:

[SourceDisksFiles]
viapdsk.sys = 1,,,,,,4_,4,1,,,1,4
viamraid.sys = 1,,,,,,4_,4,1,,,1,4

[HardwareIdsDatabase]
PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3249 = "viamraid"
PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3149 = "viamraid"
PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3164 = "viamraid"
PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_4149 = "viapdsk"

[SCSI.load]
viamraid = viamraid.sys,4
viapdsk = viapdsk.sys,4

[SCSI]
viapdsk = "VIA ATA/ATAPI Host Controller"
viamraid = "VIA SATA RAID Controller"

1. SourceDisksFiles - only SYS files from STORAGE folder should be mentioned if I'm not mistaken.

2. HardwareIdsDatabase - taken from STORAGE.INI

3. SCSI.load - first part of a *.SYS file = *.SYS file,4

4. SCSI - taken from STORAGE.INI too.

If it is possible please add the possibility to add information from different STORAGE*.INI - it could be easier to support separate files for different manufactorers.

And there is probably some garbage that are not needed to be compressed and placed in i386 too like TXTSETUP.OEM and maybe some other files. We can find it out only in the process of testing :)

PS I've just thought I can create STORAGE folder with STORAGE.INI and any files, run HFSLIP and see the result :rolleyes:

Edited by Oleg_II

Does it have to be in that order? It's going to be difficult to split STORAGE.INI. HFSLIP currently outputs in this order: 1-3-2-4.

I'll see what I can do with support for multiple *.ini files.

As far as "garbage" is concerned... Are only .sys files required? If so, I can hard code that into HFSLIP.

No the order of sections is not important. It's fine now.

I'm not sure about SYS files only. I think only SYS are refferenced in section SCSI.load of TXTSETUP.SIF.

And I see some other files in packages: DLL, EXE, CPL, TAG, VXD and PDB.

CAT and INF files are not refferenced in scankurban's version.

I think it's not important right now.

Edited by Oleg_II

Not really.

I just took a look at it but I don't really understand what has changed in my case. :no:

See my signature for an XPSP1 list intended for the current test release. If everything appears to be correct, can you please compress your HFSLIP.LOG and TXTSETUP.SIF files and post it here? I'm completely in the dark as everything's fine here with XPSP1.

Problem again.

Gonna try a fresh source (that one has just been patched with SP1 and I think an error may have occured).

Btw, SP slipstreaming left a svcpack.log file in hfslip's folder. Could it be deleted ?

Also, KB833989 (m$ VGX) says something like "try /? for correct use... blablabla".

hi! finally i was able to run some tests on ver 61012a over the weekend (although a bit late as there is now a newer ver 61014c ;) ) (& not my pc yet as i need to purchase new cpu & mobo :( ) ... attached are the usual files for review ... attached too are some screenshots ... thanks!

about 923191 pic, after clicking OK, the following lines show:

WindowsXP-KB923191-x86-ENU.exe

Access is denied.

The system cannot find the file specified.

The system cannot find the file specified.

0 File(s) copied

i'm redownloading the file to see if perhaps my file is corrupted ...

taking it out of HF directory does not show the error ...

GEE! IT IS GREAT TO FINALLY BE ABLE TO RUN SOME HFSLIP TESTS ... AFTER A LONG WHILE! :) I MISSED THIS!

dosnethfslipwutxtsetupshfsliplog.7z

post-84520-1160904850_thumb.jpg

post-84520-1160904873_thumb.jpg

post-84520-1160905168_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kiki Burgh

hi TC! i think srilanka06.dll has something to do about the time zone change ... i'm not sure though (WindowsXP-KB918093-x86-ENU.exe) ... for cstupd1394sidspeed.dll, it's from Update for Windows XP (KB885222)... as for fsdkreboot.exe, i'll try to verify ... :) thanks

ha! ha! you guys are so fast ... :) i was just finishing up on my reply & when i submitted it there were already posts ... thanks!

i'll just take out media connect ... not necessary for me anyway ... ;)

as for CopySendAddons_1.1.7z, i got it from RyanVM's site but i couldn't find it ... i figured i had to take it out anyway ... just didn't have to time to in the 2nd run ... :) don't trouble yourselves with the last 2 sirs ... it's fine ...

btw, the line errors in txtsetup.sif changes ...

also, i don't understand why my ntfs.sys becomes corrupted :(

Edited by Kiki Burgh

hi TC/TP! i know i already asked this before but could there be a way for us to see an entire log of what transpired from the start to the end of running the cmd? this would truly be helpful ... :) thanks much!

and since i am requesting, might as well request once more if a timer (start & end time) could be reflected (i know the entire run time is already reflected)? over-indulgence ... he! he!

thanks!

The next version will delete cstupd1394sidspeed.dll.

The Sri Lanka time zone update is a strange hotfix. The installation INF does not contain information as to where the srilanka06.dll file should go and if anything else should be done with it. I'll have to test this in a VM.

There's nothing wrong with WMC 2.0. HFSLIP doesn't extract it so the fsdkreboot.exe file does not come from that application. It must be another Windows media update that isn't on our lists. Maybe I'll just delete the file since we aren't doing anything with it anyway.

Using 61015a, fsdkreboot.exe and cstupd*.dll are deleted and srilanka06.dll is temporarily renamed to slanka06.dll (given back original name during textmode copy of Windows setup). Will check later if this is enough for srilanka06.dll.

Using hfslip-1.0b-61014b there seems to be a problem slipstreaming DX9 (german w2k SP4).

Trying to run dxdiag results in a hang of dxdiag when running DirectShow tests.

On the next run of dxdiag there appears a dialog asking if directshow tests should be skipped because in the last run these tests crashed.

Anyway, after installing directx_oct2006_redist the problem goes away.

BB

HFSLIP_LOG.txt

Concerning the Sri Lanka update... Just copying the binary doesn't do it. It's actually nothing more than a "helper file".

Kiki (or anyone else)... Do you know if the time zone change from 6:00 to 5:30 is temporary or permanent? If it's permanent, I'll just hard code the two necessary registry changes for everyone and you can ditch the update.

@Bugs Bunny... I didn't run into that problem but I'll check it again.