Nero v7.0.5.4

tempuser

The new version now just installs like a charm, after I removed the unwanted components and edited the .msi file of the admin install. German Nero 7.0.8.2 here.

You want to say no problems with shortcuts and uninstallation ?

Ooh boy,

I suppose the Installer will now be delayed Hp38user?

Ahead must be one stupid company.

Suppose you are a big software company, and your software bundle is very popular.

You bring out a new version of this bundle Every Month!

What would you certainly implement?

An AUTO-UPDATE feature! just like an AV.

What is the use of bringing out new version every month without it.

Besides, just make up some bugfix story, give your software a new number and voila, next month again a new version.

Current version: 7.0.8.2

Release Date: March 7th, 2006

Running Until: 30 Days after installation

Filesize for full installation: ca. 300 MB

BTW what is the difference between Trial version and Update version? They are identical in filesize, so I suppose for Update you only need a serial, not a older version already installed and for Trial you don't need serial (for 30 days).

Correct?

I was struggling getting some File Association settings right. InnoSetup doesn't take care for this, so that took some extra time. The Nero Installer was ready for release today, until Nero Showed up with an updated installer. I didn't see any changes to MP3PRo.dll or anything about the Audio CD skipping problem in newest Nero, so I'll keep included the mp3Pro workaround.

It works!!

Add Serial to Registry. (the SERIALNUM_USERVAL-Parameter didn't work for me)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ahead\Installation\Families\Nero 7\Info]
"Serial7_1141766609"="*1Cxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"
"User"="AAAAAA"
"Company"="BBBBBB"

Now run Nero7.0.8.2.exe with following Parameters:

/qb /norestart SERIALNUM_USERVAL="1Cxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx" C2FF8B816=0 C6035F00C=0 C53BEFA20=0 CCB9D5429=0 CED1EAF52=0 C716FE146=0

But I think the SERIALNUM_USERVAL-switch is not needed because of the Registry-Key.

THX Mercury_22 for this Informations.

The method of mercury_22 still works for me for the ver 7.0.8.2. But I must say commonfiles directory is really bloated. But, I am happy it is still the simplest method.

But I tried the same method for 7.0.5.5 premium, it fails. The codes are different. I will have to try afresh.

I tried this method for the first time with the new Nero version 7.0.8.2 and it rocks. I got Nero down to 18.6mb :thumbup

Does any1 know how to change the shortcuts the setup creates in the start menu?

Edited by digitalfrost

I tried this method for the first time with the new Nero version 7.0.8.2 and it rocks. I got Nero down to 18.6mb :thumbup

Oh dear sir, will you kindly share it (sans serial, of course)? I've been trying to get a copy of Nero down to 18MB for so long. :(

I just tested this on the Norwegian 7.0.8.2 with only NeroBurning ROM using the following switches.

Nero-7.0.8.2_nor_no_yt.exe /qn SERIALNUM_USERVAL="XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX" NERO_SCOUT=FALSE CB035464E=0 C2FF8B816=0 C57D52359=0 CD773A6E2=0 C6035F00C=0 C53BEFA20=0 CCB9D5429=0 C7CE8D626=0 CED1EAF52=0 CFA3A3F7B=0 C716FE146=0 CE38B9E06=0 C82602EE0=0 C7DFFCC12=0 C72CC518F=0 CE72D824A=0 CC5AB9CFD=0

How do I see whether it got registered or not with my key?

And the installation got English, I'm guessing there is a language switch also???

Oh and one more thing, there was created a .lnk to Nero Scout at the start-menu, I don't know if it were really installed, but the link was there.