Nero v7.0.5.4

tempuser

#include<process.au3>
SplashTextOn("", "Installing Ahead Nero 7.0.5.4, please stand by...", 600, 25, -1, -1, 1, '', 14)
AdlibEnable("window")
_RunDOS("Nero-7.0.5.4_eng_no_yt.exe /qn /norestart SERIALNUM_USERVAL=" & '"' & "xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx" & '"' & " NERO_SCOUT=FALSE C2FF8B816=0 C57D52359=0 CD773A6E2=0 C6035F00C=0 C53BEFA20=0 CCB9D5429=0 C7CE8D626=0 CED1EAF52=0")
ProcessWait("SetupX.exe")
ProcessWaitClose("SetupX.exe")
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Installer\Products\CC29092D2DA035B70A09C43C3DA30133", "ProductName", "REG_SZ", "Nero 7")
_RunDOS("regsvr32 /s /u " & @CommonFilesDir & "\Ahead\Lib\MediaLibraryNSE.dll")
AdlibDisable()
Exit

Func window()
If WinExists("Nero", "Extracting Cab") Then
WinSetState("Nero", "Extracting Cab", @SW_HIDE)
EndIf
EndFunc

That's my autoit script for installing this. Of course replace the X's with your serial #. What I found was that after the .exe is unpacked, it started SetupX.exe. If you didn't wait for this process, you would move onto your next install. I've made it so that it waits for SetupX.exe to appear and then waits for it to close. I also implimented the small change to write the Uninstall info so that it doesn't read Nero 7 Demo when you clearly have the full version. Tell me what you all think.

-redfive

EDIT : In windows it works , but NOT unattended , it hangs during install....

So nice try , but doesnt work

Hmmm I didn't test it unattended. I tested it in Windows. Okay, I'll see what I can do to test this in VMWARE. Sorry!

-redfive

Hi to all :hello:

I want to tell some steps which i tested

(100% working on WinXPsp2.

Nero build: Nero-7.0.5.4_rus_no_yt.exe)

1)Double Click on Nero-7.0.5.4_xxx_no_yt.exe

Wait until you get to the window with licensing agreement (I followed install steps before "Click install to begin the installation" text and than closed install). After it close install.

2)Go to the temp folder (for your user profile).

There you must locate folowing dir and files:

Nero7.tmp

nro.log

nro.tmp

49a45b.msi

49a45c.mst

3)Go to Nero7.tmp->Redist->Config dir and locate config.txt

Edit this file how do you want (I'd add serial and remove unwanted components).Save it after editing.

4)Edit Nero.msi with Installshield:

Remove unwanted shortcuts

On Property manager edit some values:

NERO_SCOUT: FALSE

ProductName : Nero7 (for example)

SERIALNUM_CORRECT: TRUE

SERIALNUM_USERVAL: (enter you serial)

RebootYesNo: No

Click SAVE and close Installshield.

5)Run

Drive:\...\Nero7.tmp\Nero.msi STARTPARAM=CallFromExe DONOTRUNSETUPX=1 /qn /norestart

6)Yes, the Nero7.tmp is too large, but you can remove some files (it discribes in othes guieds (dont forget to edit nero.msi) ), package Nero7.tmp to rar(may be sfx) or 7z archive and write 2-3 commands in cmd file (Extracting archive and run Nero.msi with STARTPARAM=CallFromExe DONOTRUNSETUPX=1 /qn /norestart keys)

Thank's.

also tried this , but DOESNT work also

Can't we use some InstallMonitor (I believe Norton Systemworks has this) that reads all changes during Nero install?

after install the Monitor shows the new (and replaced files) files. All we have to do is put them in an SFX (rar or 7z).

The InstallMonitor also shows all registry adds and changes, all we have to do is export them to reg files, combine to one .reg file and done!

extract the 7z and run the .reg file! :w00t:

I am not trying it for myself rightnow because it seems such a simple solution, there must be a reason why no one has tried it yet!

U mean Symantec AI Snapshot which comes with Norton Ghost? I've used it but it seems to add a fair few extraneous bits of crap IMHO... its a full system compare before and after and inevitably only works well on a total plain virgin system with no AntiVirus, background tasks or anything else running....

Hmm I found a better InstallMonitor:

http://ashampoo-root01.com/mailings/220206_en.htm

I will try with clean install on VirtualPC this weekend.

i just made an installer with InstallRite (Freeware)

have tested it and it worked abolutely silent and nice :thumbup

if you want to make it work right do it with this but do it on a clean install of windows (vmware or something)

p.s sorry cant post the installer here

cause it has the serial of nero inside

so you have to try it for your self

its working very nice and you could try installrite with any program you like

it will make a silent installer for you without switches with a few clicks!

the only thing you have to do is install and load installrite then copy the prog to vmware install it

and installrite will copy the setup and all the changes that had made on the system including registry

and it will make an exe installer with one click :D:hello:

if anyone likes to try that from the link download only installrite not installwatch

You can use InstallRite or any other Application monitor to install Nero, however you still have the mess of DX filters, Nero Scout and a large installer.

Even worse you have to do the whole process over and over for every new update of Nero

ooh.. that's a very good point. I actually never installed Nero the normal way, I thought Scout and dxfilters could be deselected..

hmm... yeah you are right, when an update comes, have to do it all over again.

But that also counts for your future Installer, right?

ooh.. that's a very good point. I actually never installed Nero the normal way, I thought Scout and dxfilters could be deselected..

Yes, you are right. I'll have to repackage the stuff even with my own customized installe when Nero updates the application.

However since I have the whole project documented, I only have to update some files and meaby add some regentries. Most stuff of Nero 7 is copied straight over from Nero 6 so underhood there isn't change much in several years. Just an enormous bloat is added :puke:

I can tell most of the Custom Nero installer is done (95%). Only some file associations and meaby some reordening of components is left.

I ship out the installer for free this weekend :ph34r:

Setup filesize is just under 41 MB :thumbup

Installation footprint: 40 MB minimal* - 92 MB maximal**

*Including Nero Burning Rom only

**Including Nero Burning Rom, Nero CoverDesigner, Nero Toolkit Nero WaveEditor + AudioPlugins and VideoCD/SVCD Support and complete help.

Edited by hp38guser

Yes, you are right. I'll have to repackage the stuff even with my own customized installe when Nero updates the application.

However since I have the whole project documented, I only have to update some files and meaby add some regentries. Most stuff of Nero 7 is copied straight over from Nero 6 so underhood there isn't change much in several years. Just an enormous bloat is added :puke:

I can tell most of the Custom Nero installer is done (95%). Only some file associations and meaby some reordening of components is left.

I ship out the installer for free this weekend :ph34r:

Setup filesize is just under 41 MB :thumbup

Installation footprint: 40 MB minimal* - 92 MB maximal**

*Including Nero Burning Rom only

**Including Nero Burning Rom, Nero CoverDesigner, Nero Toolkit Nero WaveEditor + AudioPlugins and VideoCD/SVCD Support and complete help.

sounds good cant wait to take a look at it

Ooh boy,

I suppose the Installer will now be delayed Hp38user?

Ahead must be one stupid company.

Suppose you are a big software company, and your software bundle is very popular.

You bring out a new version of this bundle Every Month!

What would you certainly implement?

An AUTO-UPDATE feature! just like an AV.

What is the use of bringing out new version every month without it.

Besides, just make up some bugfix story, give your software a new number and voila, next month again a new version.

Current version: 7.0.8.2

Release Date: March 7th, 2006

Running Until: 30 Days after installation

Filesize for full installation: ca. 300 MB

BTW what is the difference between Trial version and Update version? They are identical in filesize, so I suppose for Update you only need a serial, not a older version already installed and for Trial you don't need serial (for 30 days).

Correct?