Howto: Heavy slimmed down XP WITH functionality

Fridge-RaideR

At last... I've found a level headed "nLiter" :whistle:

That word, "master", never fails to draw someone in. However I'm extremely bored now, and I have other, much more interesting, things to do...such as clean the toilet.

Goodbye...for now! ;)

Edited by red_house

red_house, i dont got that much time on my hands

but this thread help lots of users, quickly, no need to put it down

and nlite is great, fast, easy and simple

and i havn't seen anyone congrate themselves yet,

flame on , flame on

Edited by gdogg

gdogg - I did say"Goodbye...for now!", didn't I?

I shall decide when, or even, if,there shall be a next stage to this exchange. You really should try to understand the psychology of the situation!

Once more. Goodbye...for now?

I've just tried this, my overall Windows size is 240MB with WMP10, is this normal? :wacko: From the thread starter his 200MB file size doesn't have WMP10 :(

I came across 2 .dll errors during the installation process, has anyone had this whilst trying this out? :huh:

Edited by Cybertronic

I got missing dll error I wonder if a shadow of them is left over in the inf. gdogg I use firewall also so I will also try to find a way. Yhe batch file should it be executed after 1st boot, 2nd boot, 3rd boot when?

Using xp home can I take out OOBE along with the oembios files?

The quote 'shoulders of giants' refers to people who see a work and build on it. Yes, others have done it first, but it's impossible to prove who saw what. Personally, because I was around watching Jeremy and Fridge-raideR do their thing and saw it develop over time, I believe they are 'clean room.' I think they did it themselves and did not see anyone else's work, because as they worked, they made a lot of the same mistakes that would have been prevented if they had seen the solution at the outset. And they used file differences from nLite (yeah, I know, I said the dreaded word... nLite.)

I removed IE from Windows 2000. Shane Brooks did too. No one in their right mind would tell Nuhi that he's standing on the shoulders of a giant. Just because someone else did it doesn't mean the thread starters are plagiarists.

gdogg:

but this thread help lots of users, quickly, no need to put it down

and nlite is great, fast, easy and simple

and i havn't seen anyone congrate themselves yet,

flame on , flame on

Agreed gdogg. No one is congratulating themselves. That doesn't stop others from wanting to take a jab at us (between bouts of cleaning their toilet).

The point being that that it is not as original as people, on this forum, would have you believe. I was once a devotee of this forum (nLite), but no longer. Everytime I used nLite it went wrong but, since using the methods of the master - http://www.bold-fortune.com/forums/index.php?showforum=13

I've had a perfectly functioning machine. You lot need to stop congratulating yourselves so much - the wheel was invented a long time ago...but not by you. :no:

redhouse, boldfortune's way is good.. but I want more functionality then him.. but I want to have less then 200mb.. so bolds guide is good.. but not perfect.. :) we r tryin to erase more :) and to make a comparison with inventing the wheel...

every install is different coss of wot u install, and wot u need.. so bold can remove a file that u want to keep.. I understand ur a big fan of bold, me too.. but it aint bad to taste a llil bit of the nLiters ^^

Not a new PC, just new parts. Still a P4 3.0 GHz with 512 DDR PC3200, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro, Sound Blaster Live! 5.1. A Dell Dimension 8300 originally. I junked the case and got a new Antec case, as well as a VGA Silencer for my ATI card.

ATI Radeon 9800 Standard Cooler - 79.6 Celcius

VGA Silencer High Speed - 47.1 Celcius

Got a new Panaflo 80mm 28 dB for the front of the case, and finally Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Paste.

In an attempt to put things together, I managed to damage my CPU so now I'm going to receive a new one tomorrow.

Edited by Jeremy