Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I've hardly been able to post anything in this thread for hours. Is it just me, or are there fellow sufferers? :dubbio: I always get the message:

Quote

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access this resource.

 

Edited by AstroSkipper
Link to comment
Share on other sites


5 hours ago, Slavich said:

Hello!

The latest versions of the New Moon browser do not play videos of the largest Russian social network VK: https://vk.com/video

In the August versions of the browser, everything works without errors.

Thank you for your work.

Difficult to translate your debug messages. It's perhaps coming from your DNS provider/settings ? You use it inside our outside Russia ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@roytam1 I have investigated the restart behaviour of New Moon 28 (and Serpent 52, too). I have started the browser many times and observed the startup cache. I noticed that very often or in most cases the startup cache was cleared automatically without any additional commands. Do you have more information about this? Is this normal? :dubbio:I thought that this cache is only deleted in special cases or triggered by the user, manually or by the command line option -purgecaches, for example. smilie-denk-49.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/3/2024 at 8:27 PM, AstroSkipper said:

@roytam1 I have investigated the restart behaviour of New Moon 28 (and Serpent 52, too).I have started the browser many times and observed the startup cache. I noticed that very often or in most cases the startup cache was cleared automatically without any additional commands. Do you have more information about this? Is this normal? :dubbio:I thought that this cache is only deleted in special cases or triggered by the user, manually or by the command line option -purgecaches, for example. smilie-denk-49.gif

The reason why I investigated the restart behaviour of these browsers is that I have created various restart custom buttons (JavaScript) for Firefox-based browsers in the past and currently have made one that performed a normal restart when left-clicked and additionally deletes the startup cache when middle-clicked. I also extracted the restart code, which is used by New Moon 28, from its source code and had a look at it. But somehow I get the feeling that manually deleting the startup cache is not really necessary any longer, as the browser seems to do this on its own in most cases when restarting it. :dubbio:

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

I've hardly been able to post anything in this thread for hours. Is it just me, or are there fellow sufferers? :dubbio: I always get the message:

Quote

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access this resource.

It happened to me recently, reason was because I tried to insert Link (replace URL with text) into my post, I had to post without the Link and edit my post and add the Link afterwards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/3/2024 at 12:43 AM, roytam1 said:

New NewMoon 27 Build!

Newest NewMoon27 build does not start for me on XP, complaining about missing VCOMP120.DLL.

NewMoon28 and Serpent builds from 20240203 are fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, lh2500 said:

Newest NewMoon27 build does not start for me on XP, complaining about missing VCOMP120.DLL.

NewMoon28 and Serpent builds from 20240203 are fine.

I got such report elsewhere and it will be fixed in next build.

workaround: extract this DLL from previous build.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dixel said:

No problems for me, including posting random HTTPS links.

https://www.pcmag.com/picks/chrome-edge-firefox-opera-or-safari-which-browser-is-best

 

The issue was not related to a specific browser. Neither Brave, Firefox or Opera did it on my Android tablet. Same problems as in New Moon or Mypal 68 under Windows XP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

I've hardly been able to post anything in this thread for hours. Is it just me, or are there fellow sufferers?
The issue was not related to a specific browser.


Hello AstroSkipper,
I'm posting this with NM28(latest version)/W2K
from Germany and there seem to be no problems.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, anton12 said:


Hello AstroSkipper,
I'm posting this with NM28(latest version)/W2K
from Germany and there seem to be no problems.

Thanks for reporting! The problems probably only occurred on Saturday. Since Sunday, it seems to be working better. At least, I didn't notice further problems since then. :)

Edited by AstroSkipper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

The issue was not related to a specific browser. Neither Brave, Firefox or Opera did it on my Android tablet. Same problems as in New Moon or Mypal 68 under Windows XP.

Hello AstroSkipper, I didn't try to imply it's related to a specific browser. In one of my posts regarding this never existed for me issue, I merely pointed out to what it was posted from.

12 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

 The problems probably only occurred on Saturday. Since Sunday, it seems to be working better. At least, I didn't notice further problems since then. :)

roytam1 reported the issue again, on Sunday, (Monday?) Not sure about his local time.

https://msfn.org/board/topic/185994-cant-edit-my-first-post-in-thread/?do=findComment&comment=1259650

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Dixel said:

Hello AstroSkipper, I didn't try to imply it's related to a specific browser. In one of my posts regarding this never existed for me issue, I merely pointed out to what it was posted from.

Then, I seem to have misunderstood that. :whistle: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/3/2024 at 3:35 PM, Slavich said:

The latest versions of the New Moon browser do not play videos of the largest Russian social network VK:
https://vk.com/video

... Can't confirm here with previous NM28 generic 32-bit build

jHwObtx.png

The sample clip I used was: 

https://vk.com/video-2611_456242587

... and, as already advised: 

1. Provide actual test links/URLs
2. If the problem clip is log-in ONLY, mere mortals without a VK account can't troubleshoot it...
3. When reporting issues in an English speaking forum, change your browser's language pack to en-US prior to posting debug details (logs, errors, images, etc,)
4. Whenever possible, try to include Web/Browser/Error Console messages in (English) text format, NOT images...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...