The obvious always speaks for itself. jaioublie.gif Things that are such self-explanatory and clear do not need any longer to be explained in detail. :no: Apart from that, a more in-depth consideration would be inadmissible due to our forum rules and of no use in certain cases anyway. jexplique.gif

33XGi.png

I got this on Serpent 52.
Is there an option within the browser for: "Don't allow any website to track your location" (or similar) to block these pop-up messages?

9 minutes ago, we3fan said:

33XGi.png

Is there an option within the browser for: "Don't allow any website to track your location" (or similar) to block these pop-up messages?

Go to about:config, and set geo.enabled to false.

On 4/7/2024 at 8:55 PM, Ascii2 said:

The forum is not letting me make a post.  It is not clear why it is not working.  Maybe this simpler post works and I can edit.  EDIT: It did not work.

Yes this is still happening on occasion.

16 hours ago, we3fan said:

Didn't know about that geo.enabled setting, I usually just choose "Never share location"...

19 minutes ago, K4sum1 said:

Which one is generally accepted as being better, Serpent 52/UXP or Serpent 55/Mobius?

As far as I know, Serpent 52 gets more patches from the UXP branch than Serpent 55. The reason for that is not all of these patches can be applied to Serpent 55. Therefore, Serpent 52 is a bit more up-to-date. But @roytam1 and @VistaLover can tell more about that. And if I remember correctly, they already did that in @roytam1's browser threads in the past. :)

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

16 hours ago, we3fan said:

Thanks @mina7601.

You are welcome. Glad to be of help!

14 hours ago, modnar said:

Didn't know about that geo.enabled setting, I usually just choose "Never share location"...

You wrongly quoted @we3fan and not me, but I know you meant to quote me, so here's my reply:

Yeah, I know how boring it was having to prevent every website manually from sending you location requests. By disabling this setting (geo.enabled), you prevent ALL websites from sending you location requests.

6 hours ago, K4sum1 said:

Which one is generally accepted as being better, Serpent 52/UXP or Serpent 55/Mobius?

I like Serpent 52 myself over 55 (FF 53 beta). We miss you @VistaLover - hope you are doing alright. 

Edited by XPerceniol

On 4/10/2024 at 11:06 AM, modnar said:

Didn't know about that geo.enabled setting

Same here, I think it's a good one for security.

It appears that there might be some upstream code changes in the future for BNavigator and MailNews, as derived from an announcement on upstream's Binary Outcast website:

A quote of the relevant portion on https://binaryoutcast.com/ :

Concerning Interlink Mail & News...

I have decided not to continue or reboot Interlink in any form. There are many reasons for this, one being: There really isn't anything I can offer at this point to enhance the traditional e-mail client experience anymore than I have as well as the challenges of running an isolated project with diminishing capabilities due to outside factors. The second major one is that the e-mail client was built and designed, albeit with my vision but tailored for, Pale Moon users and consumers of the Unified XUL Platform. The biggest deficiency in the design and administration of the Meta-project is that if you are outside the "unity" it feels much more like being downstream from Mozilla in 2016 in all the worst ways and yes that can be mostly traced back to me. Mostly. Those users are or could be served by another project firmly aligned to what they are after, within the unity.

Does that mean the code is dead? Nah, it is only mostly dead. I do intend, when I have time I will fix up the comm-uxp code for others to continue in part or in full. Borealis included.

For those who were Interlink users regardless of the complimentary aspects of unified project goals with Pale Moon or other UXP projects I know this is a disappointment and it feels like I strung you guys along and unintentionally, yeah I kinda did and I am sorry for that. If you want my recommendations on a replacement client they are: Thunderbird, Betterbird, and Athenian200's Epyrus client. For Thunderbird and Betterbird Profile Migration, follow the ESR releases one after another. That has had reports of success. Epyrus should be as simple as clearing any incompatible add-ons and copying the profile over. Remembering to verify in Account Settings the absolute path for each has been updated.

...-Tobin

Edited by Ascii2

On 3/29/2024 at 2:44 AM, j7n said:

Thanks, I don't know SQL wizardry. Last time I touched it was almost ten years ago.

Looks like the biggest consumers are various Wiki sites: Wikipedia, Wiktionary, Fandom, Wikinews. Each language domain has an entry between 1 and 3 megs.

I thought it'll be something more shocking. :P