42 minutes ago, j7n said:

The crash on YouTube before commenting keeps coming back. I might be able to get to the comments box if I take my time, and allow the loading to calm down beforehand. It happens in both New Moon 28 latest version, and Serpent 52.

Clipboard01.png

Clipboard02.png

I don't get a crash when scrolling to comments section on YouTube in latest Serpent 52.

11 hours ago, modnar said:

Thank you. I should look around the Forum more. :D

You're welcome.

Off-topic: You should also consider testing this newly released browser for Windows XP.

https://github.com/win32ss/supermium

And report any issues you encounter with it here (if you have a GitHub account ;)):

https://github.com/win32ss/supermium/issues

Edited by mina7601

On 3/7/2024 at 10:58 PM, Mathwiz said:

My guess is that 3.0 will be the first version that doesn't work - but they do have a "legacy" build of 3.0 that might.

Well, as usual, I was wrong - the first version of pdf.js that doesn't work (either regular or "legacy" version) is actually 2.16.105, the last published build of the V2 series, and by implication, the last version that does work is 2.15.349. So 2.15 appears to be the limit, at least without polyfills of some kind.

Mozilla appears to have updated their "legacy" translator between those two versions: the "legacy" version of 2.16.105 is smaller than the "legacy" version of 2.15.349, even though the regular version is slightly larger, which says to me that Mozilla removed some translations and/or polyfills from their legacy translator between those versions. This may account for 2.16.105 no longer working. Still, 2.15 is five years newer than 1.7 (July 31, 2022 vs. early 2017) and supports more of the functionality of Adobe Reader, albeit with a UI resembling Mozilla's post-Australis UI, Photon. Heck, even 2.5.207 (last version with the Australis-like UI) is three years newer (June 1, 2020). So we're overdue for an update.

Standard version of 2.14 works; legacy version of 2.15 works; neither version of 2.16 works. I actually haven't tried the standard version of 2.15 yet, so it's possible that it will work too - but as long as the legacy version works, I'm happy.

These experiments were actually with the Serpent 55 build from Feb. 8, 2024 (i.e., earlier this month); I haven't tried them with UXP (Serpent 52) but I expect that, if it works with 55, it works with 52 as well. Of course I'll confirm that before I publish anything.

14 minutes ago, Mathwiz said:

the Serpent 55 build from Feb. 8, 2024 (i.e., earlier this month);

... Erh :whistle:, you mean "previous" month ...

14 minutes ago, Mathwiz said:

if it works with 55, it works with 52 as well.

... That's probably true ;) , but the other-way-round isn't a given; not the whole of UXP has been backported to St55 (but. at the same time, St55 has some vestiges inherited from Fx53.0a1); please also try, if you will, 2.16-"legacy" on UXP (probably won't work there, too, but...) ...

Edited by VistaLover

1 hour ago, VistaLover said:

Erh :whistle:, you mean "previous" month ...

Yes, previous calendar month.

I suppose what I really meant was, "within the past 30 days or so...."

1 hour ago, VistaLover said:

... please also try, if you will, 2.16-"legacy" on UXP (probably won't work there, too, but...)

Rats. 2.16 legacy didn't work on Serpent 52 either. Web console says something about "ctx.GetTransform is not a function."

'Twas worth a try, though....

17 hours ago, VistaLover said:

... It's probably this one :dubbio:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/CanvasRenderingContext2D/getTransform

Requires Fx70:( , Ch68+ ...

Found a polyfill for that and tried it. Unfortunately, I think my polyfill needs a polyfill of its own:

renderView: "TypeError: ctx.getTransform(...).invertSelf is not a function"  
viewer.js:9719:19

"invertSelf?" Good grief....

5 hours ago, chermany4ever said:

Requires SP3. I clarify for those who use SP2 like me.

Wow! That's quite something. The SP2 version does have superior fltmgr.dll (filter manager), but with less functions; are you using any updates (a pack?) for SP2 install?  {OFFTOPIC just a wee bit}

On 3/10/2024 at 7:10 AM, mina7601 said:

I don't get a crash when scrolling to comments section on YouTube in latest Serpent 52.

neither me.

4TASOxk.png

On 2/26/2024 at 3:09 PM, Ascii2 said:

@roytam1:
I am re-reporting (now with pictures) a MailNews problem that has not been resolved:
The "Attachments" Preferences tab does not fully display the chrome://messenger/content/preferences/applications.xul contents.  The top part of the content is cut off and "Incoming" and "Outgoing" tabs are hidden.  To toggle the tabs, in the Content Type list, select the Action of the last list item (you might need to click multiple times for the selection to happen), then type Ctrl+Tab (there are other ways to go about it too).

Here are some pictures for comparison:

Picture of the MailNews Preferences window with the "Incoming" tab of the Attachments tab active:
MailNews20240224__Attachments_Tab_Incoming.gif.f5b12e33486c3b29bda26c2993f143dd.gif

Picture of the MailNews Preferences window with the "Outgoing" tab of the Attachments tab active:
MailNews20240224__Attachments_Tab_Outgoing.gif.551d8572075980959e307692a77fe29e.gif

Picture of the Icedove-UXP Options window with the "Incoming" tab of the Attachments tab active:
Icedove-UXP20240224__Attachments_Tab_Incoming.gif.7bd8579f5a44166e71be51b6df6b3a88.gif

Picture of the Icedove-UXP Options window with the "Outgoing" tab of the Attachments tab active:
Icedove-UXP20240224__Attachments_Tab_Outgoing.gif.3c40f7fd8b5bd94777368ad899bb70a5.gif

As an additional note, the Incoming tab of the Attachments tab of the Preferences dialog box for the MailNews application, does not display the correct "Desktop" icon for the "Save files to" option.

it is hidden by default: https://github.com/roytam1/boc-uxp/blob/custom/mail/components/preferences/applications.js#L401

On 2/27/2024 at 12:43 AM, AstroSkipper said:

@roytam1 I observed a problem when using uBlock Origin in MailNews. It doesn't matter whether using the original version uBlock Origin Legacy 1.16.4.31b2 or my mod uBlock Origin Legacy 1.16.4.33. In uBlock's dashboard page "Settings", the button "Back up to file" doesn't work.

Mail-News-u-Block-Origin-Back-up-to-file

Same problem with the "Export" button under "My filters" and the "Export to file" button under "My rules". Do you have any idea why? :dubbio: On the other hand, the "Restore from file" and the "Import" buttons are working correctly. :) Is the function that these buttons call up possibly not available in MailNews or blocked for security reasons? :dubbio:

PS: I get on the pages with the "Restore from file" and the "Import" buttons the error message "Error: TypeError: details is null" in the Error Console. Here is, for example, a screenshot of the Error Console when loading the "Settings" page in the most recent version of MailNews:

Mail-News-u-Block-Origin-Error-Console.p

if ublock doesn't error out, then it can not able to debug easily.

16 minutes ago, roytam1 said:

if ublock doesn't error out, then it can not able to debug easily.

Okay! But what do you think about the corresponding error message "Error: TypeError: details is null" on the affected setting pages of uBlock Origin:dubbio: Isn't that an error out by uBO? The variable details belongs to a function on uBO's JavaScript file settings.js.

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content