5 hours ago, kuja killer said:

what's "upstream" mean ??

"Upstream" is the 'official' version by the 'official' developer.

That 'official' developer abandoned XP.

So the versions you download in this thread are the 'downstream developer' (Roytam1/Feodor2/etc) efforts to restore XP-compatibility to a browser that would not otherwise work in XP.

Hello, @roytam1, Thanks for the Serpent browser builds, But I have a long-time problem (and I think not only I). Its a freezes (hangs) of this browser on youtube. A have described the problem here on githuib and requested PDB files for it to check what is happened:

https://github.com/roytam1/basilisk55/issues/48

But no reply still there.

Becase of this hangs, I have moved to Supermium this winter.

If you can, provide PDB files please, And I will check it again. And may be will found whats happens.

Edited by IDA-RE-things

5 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

"Upstream" is the 'official' version by the 'official' developer.

That 'official' developer abandoned XP.

So the versions you download in this thread are the 'downstream developer' (Roytam1/Feodor2/etc) efforts to restore XP-compatibility to a browser that would not otherwise work in XP.

Oh i see.. :| Well... if this official person of Serpent doesnt do anything anymore... and @roytam1 saying he wont do it either... then this problem is going to stay forever then?? :(

I already tried sending an email to the pixai staff about it about 3 weeks ago or so when this first began on the seperent browser, cause i swear it was just fine before until one random day a few weeks ago. And i even mentioned it in one of their google form surveys they had on the site... and... no response and nothing.

that's when i tried coming to this thread here. :( Because i thought it was okay, to post some problems here with Serpent as other people have done...

Edited by kuja killer

1 hour ago, IDA-RE-things said:

Hello, @roytam1, Thanks for the Serpent browser builds, But I have a long-time problem (and I think not only I). Its a freezes (hangs) of this bowser on youtube. A have described the problem here on githuib and requested PDB files for it to check what is happened:

https://github.com/roytam1/basilisk55/issues/48

But no reply still there.

Becase of this hangs, I have moved to Supermium this winter.

If you can, provide PDB files please, And I will check it again. And may be will found whats happens.

does it happen in latest build? I can provide PDB of latest build only.

2 hours ago, roytam1 said:

does it happen in latest build? I can provide PDB of latest build only.

It was with January builds, and all previous builds, so its build-independent issue. Dont know if it was fixed, I have not installed updates after that (after january). Yes, please provide the PDB files for current build(s), and I will see its behaviour, And if it will occured again, will watch it. Also it will help in exploring of slow loading of bunch of tabs on startup (opened sites from previous session). (its another problem)

Edited by IDA-RE-things

19 minutes ago, IDA-RE-things said:

It was with January builds, and all previous builds, so its build-independent issue. Dont know if it was fixed, I have not installed updates after that (after january). Yes, please provide the PDB files for current build(s), and I will see its behaviour, And if it will occured again, will watch it. Also it will help in exploring of slow loading of bunch of tabs on startup (opened sites from previous session). (its another problem)

here you go.
SP55: https://o.rthost.win/basilisk/basilisk55-win32-git-20240615-b8bfd21cf-xpmod.pdb.7z
SP52: https://o.rthost.win/basilisk/basilisk52-g4.8.win32-git-20240615-3219d2d-uxp-d835b252d7-xpmod.pdb.7z

5 hours ago, kuja killer said:

I already tried sending an email to the pixai staff about it about 3 weeks ago or so when this first began on the seperent browser, cause i swear it was just fine before until one random day a few weeks ago. And i even mentioned it in one of their google form surveys they had on the site... and... no response and nothing.

TBH, I don't think that any website operator is still interested in compatibility problems of an unsupported and rather unknown browser like Serpent on an operating system like Windows XP that has not been supported for a long time. So don't expect an answer or support! :no:

yea.. i get that already (i never specified seperent, or XP to them at all, by the way).

what about here though ? I've only been using this serpent from Roytam1's links here in this thread, since about 1 year or so. I assumed it was okay to post here... but i guess not apparently ? Since the issue with other forums was fixed last week (about the super large icons in front of posts thing)

Edited by kuja killer

1 hour ago, kuja killer said:

what about here though ? I've only been using this serpent from Roytam1's links here in this thread, since about 1 year or so. I assumed it was okay to post here... but i guess not apparently ? Since the issue with other forums was fixed last week (about the super large icons in front of posts thing)

As "downstream", i.e. @roytam1, does not intend to solve this problem in Serpent as he already stated, you will inevitably have to wait until "upstream", i.e. @basilisk-dev, offers a fix. Or, you can do what I always do when a page in New Moon 28 doesn't work on Windows XP. Try the site in question under Mypal 68, and if that doesn't help, under a Chromium Win XP port like 360Chrome or Thoriumsmilie_denk_24.gif BTW, you simply cannot expect that everything you want to call up in a browser will work in Serpent. This will never be the case. nimportequoi.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

10 hours ago, kuja killer said:

During the last 2 weeks a number of sites stopped working in basilisk and even mypal: linkedin used to work fine in basilisk a few months ago, and in Mypal (vanilla) up to 2 weeks ago. Not any longer. Official EU cites idem. They now just remain empty. EU official sites won't even load in chrome derivatives (thorium or supermium) vanilla. The end it's nite for many sites in XP.

2 hours ago, dmiranda said:

The end it's nite for many sites in XP.

I think the phrase you intended is "the end is nigh" (sort of archaic English - even native speakers may not be familiar with it)

6 hours ago, kuja killer said:

I assumed it was okay to post here... but i guess not apparently ?

It's fine to post Serpent bug reports here, and this is the correct place for them. It's just that we have no answer for you yet.

For the most part, @roytam1 is mainly taking browsers written for Win 7 and making them work with Win XP and Vista. "Upstream" for Serpent is @basilisk-dev, but even he is "downstream" from the UXP project, the browser engine behind Serpent, Basilisk, New Moon 28, Pale Moon, IceApe and others. For what you're asking for, you probably need a UXP fix, which would have to come from Moonchild's team.

Moonchild has made it abundantly clear that users of @roytam1's builds are unwelcome in his forums. So to even report the problem, you'd need to:

1. Get your hands on a Win 7 or greater system
  2. Reproduce the problem with the latest version of Pale Moon on that system
  3. Report the problem on the Pale Moon forum, making no mention of @roytam1, New Moon, Serpent, Win XP, or Vista
  4. Be patient because yours is only one of scores of Internet compatibility problems created by the Google/Microsoft/Mozilla goalpost-moving triopoly (and probably not the biggest one).

17 hours ago, roytam1 said:

@roytam1, thanks for PDB files. 
Another thing here:
Can you add that options for MSVC linker to create fixups? :
/DEBUGTYPE:cv,fixup
(I hope its linked by MSVC linker?)
The resulting PDBs will be some more in size
But its need for profiling by some tools.
Then its need just relink (without full rebuilding).

50 minutes ago, IDA-RE-things said:

@roytam1, thanks for PDB files. 
Another thing here:
Can you add that options for MSVC linker to create fixups? :
/DEBUGTYPE:cv,fixup
(I hope its linked by MSVC linker?)
The resulting PDBs will be some more in size
But its need for profiling by some tools.
Then its need just relink (without full rebuilding).

the link doesn't seem to support this:

Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 14.29.30154.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

usage: LINK [options] [files] [@commandfile]

options:

/ALIGN:#
      /ALLOWBIND[:NO]
      /ALLOWISOLATION[:NO]
      /APPCONTAINER[:NO]
      /ASSEMBLYDEBUG[:DISABLE]
      /ASSEMBLYLINKRESOURCE:filename
      /ASSEMBLYMODULE:filename
      /ASSEMBLYRESOURCE:filename[,[name][,PRIVATE]]
      /BASE:{address[,size]|@filename,key}
      /CLRIMAGETYPE:{IJW|PURE|SAFE|SAFE32BITPREFERRED}
      /CLRLOADEROPTIMIZATION:{MD|MDH|NONE|SD}
      /CLRSUPPORTLASTERROR[:{NO|SYSTEMDLL}]
      /CLRTHREADATTRIBUTE:{MTA|NONE|STA}
      /CLRUNMANAGEDCODECHECK[:NO]
      /DEBUG[:{FASTLINK|FULL|NONE}]
      /DEF:filename
      /DEFAULTLIB:library
      /DELAY:{NOBIND|UNLOAD}
      /DELAYLOAD:dll
      /DELAYSIGN[:NO]
      /DEPENDENTLOADFLAG:flag
      /DLL
      /DRIVER[:{UPONLY|WDM}]
      /DYNAMICBASE[:NO]
      /EMITVOLATILEMETADATA[:NO]
      /ENTRY:symbol
      /ERRORREPORT:{NONE|PROMPT|QUEUE|SEND}
      /EXPORT:symbol
      /EXPORTPADMIN[:size]
      /FASTFAIL[:NO]
      /FASTGENPROFILE[:{COUNTER32|COUNTER64|EXACT|MEMMAX=#|MEMMIN=#|NOEXACT|
                        NOPATH|NOTRACKEH|PATH|PGD=filename|TRACKEH}]
      /FILEALIGN:#
      /FIXED[:NO]
      /FORCE[:{MULTIPLE|UNRESOLVED}]
      /FUNCTIONPADMIN[:size]
      /GUARD:{CF|NO}
      /GENPROFILE[:{COUNTER32|COUNTER64|EXACT|MEMMAX=#|MEMMIN=#|NOEXACT|
                    NOPATH|NOTRACKEH|PATH|PGD=filename|TRACKEH}]
      /HEAP:reserve[,commit]
      /HIGHENTROPYVA[:NO]
      /IDLOUT:filename
      /IGNORE:#
      /IGNOREIDL
      /ILK:filename
      /IMPLIB:filename
      /INCLUDE:symbol
      /INCREMENTAL[:NO]
      /INTEGRITYCHECK
      /KERNEL
      /KEYCONTAINER:name
      /KEYFILE:filename
      /LARGEADDRESSAWARE[:NO]
      /LIBPATH:dir
      /LINKREPRO:dir
      /LINKREPROTARGET:filename
      /LTCG[:{INCREMENTAL|NOSTATUS|OFF|STATUS|}]
      /LTCGOUT:filename
      /MACHINE:{ARM|ARM64|ARM64X|EBC|X64|X86}
      /MANIFEST[:{EMBED[,ID=#]|NO}]
      /MANIFESTDEPENDENCY:manifest dependency
      /MANIFESTFILE:filename
      /MANIFESTINPUT:filename
      /MANIFESTUAC[:{NO|UAC fragment}]
      /MAP[:filename]
      /MAPINFO:{EXPORTS|PDATA}
      /MERGE:from=to
      /MIDL:@commandfile
      /NATVIS:filename
      /NOASSEMBLY
      /NODEFAULTLIB[:library]
      /NOENTRY
      /NOIMPLIB
      /NOLOGO
      /NXCOMPAT[:NO]
      /OPT:{ICF[=iterations]|LBR|NOICF|NOLBR|NOREF|REF}
      /ORDER:@filename
      /OUT:filename
      /PDB:filename
      /PDBSTRIPPED[:filename]
      /PROFILE
      /RELEASE
      /SAFESEH[:NO]
      /SECTION:name,[[!]{DEKPRSW}][,ALIGN=#]
      /SOURCELINK:filename
      /STACK:reserve[,commit]
      /STUB:filename
      /SUBSYSTEM:{BOOT_APPLICATION|CONSOLE|EFI_APPLICATION|
                  EFI_BOOT_SERVICE_DRIVER|EFI_ROM|EFI_RUNTIME_DRIVER|
                  NATIVE|POSIX|WINDOWS|WINDOWSCE}[,#[.##]]
      /SWAPRUN:{CD|NET}
      /TLBID:#
      /TLBOUT:filename
      /TIME
      /TSAWARE[:NO]
      /USEPROFILE[:{AGGRESSIVE|PGD=filename}]
      /VERBOSE[:{CLR|ICF|INCR|LIB|REF|SAFESEH|UNUSEDDELAYLOAD|UNUSEDLIBS}]
      /VERSION:#[.#]
      /WINMD[:{NO|ONLY}]
      /WINMDDELAYSIGN[:NO]
      /WINMDFILE:filename
      /WINMDKEYCONTAINER:name
      /WINMDKEYFILE:filename
      /WHOLEARCHIVE[:library]
      /WX[:NO]

12 hours ago, dmiranda said:

During the last 2 weeks a number of sites stopped working in basilisk and even mypal: linkedin used to work fine in basilisk a few months ago, and in Mypal (vanilla) up to 2 weeks ago. Not any longer. Official EU cites idem. They now just remain empty. EU official sites won't even load in chrome derivatives (thorium or supermium) vanilla. The end it's nite for many sites in XP.

LinkedIn can be called up fine here in Mypal 68 and New Moon 28. What issues do you refer to? :dubbio:

Mypal-68-14-2-Linked-In.png

New-Moon-28-Linked-In.png

Edited by AstroSkipper