Chrome 115 working on Windows XP 32 bit

15 hours ago, D.Draker said:

If true, it's not good. Did you try a different scanner? 

What Mal/EncPk-ZC virus can do?

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/17aef5cf9fabeabd155b6aca7b2b07d07f93576e80a557aefcfebab849d99f9d

Avast shows ''undetected'' but this is not true because it also flagged it as possible malware.

note: This scanner also detects the Arctic Foxie loader as ''suspicious'' but there's no sign of being malware.

Edited by Milkinis

16 hours ago, dmiranda said:

I don't use AV. At most, test files with Clamwin, or online. But I don't bother much, really. 

I also don't use "Real Time" AV (I don't even use DEP on my machines) and I test with Malwarebytes and Rogue Killer, but rarely do I bother much anymore either as I don't do anything sensitive on my age old machines. BTW @dmiranda do you mind if I react and quote your postings here anymore? I appreciated that you were one of a few to welcome me back here. I just want to make sure I'm in intruding or making anyone uncomfortable but my presence here. Have a good one.

Edited by XPerceniol

6 hours ago, Milkinis said:

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/17aef5cf9fabeabd155b6aca7b2b07d07f93576e80a557aefcfebab849d99f9d

Avast shows ''undetected'' but this is not true because it also flagged it as possible malware.

note: This scanner also detects the Arctic Foxie loader as ''suspicious'' but there's no sign of being malware.

Thank you for the time! If you ask me, ''suspicious'' is nowhere near that six security vendors flagged the file as malicious/trojan.

6 hours ago, Milkinis said:

This scanner also detects the Arctic Foxie loader as ''suspicious'' but there's no sign of being malware.

Yeah, and "Arctic Foxie" didn't write that file, he took it out the Russian repack.

4 hours ago, Milkinis said:

The loader used for winPenPack browsers also works for 360Chrome.

An example is here  --  http://www.winpenpack.com/en/download.php?view.1082

We could redistribute the winPenPack loader instead of the one that we have been using.

Actual users of my builds should discuss that in my own threads if they wish the project to go this route.

As is, we (the actual users of my builds as opposed to people that naysay and do not use my builds) test for malware and telemetry and as @Milkinis noted, if we see signs of malware then we address it.

image.png.d0584e9b541bcad14ea0c6561efe9416.png

1 hour ago, D.Draker said:

If you ask me, ''suspicious'' is nowhere near that six security vendors flagged the file as malicious/trojan.

Please share links or whatnot to these six security vendors.

I will run the same scans on winPenPack and the Dixel 1030 loader and the PortableApps loader I use for Serpent 52.

May prove quite interesting.

Hi, I'm just curious - why you don't use capitalization for English, but use it for Russian.

thinking about russians... I have spotted in this thread another troll sock account.

I thinK it's the same one who was discussing with you over in the XP Anti Virus thread.... go figure.

No clue what that file is in reference to.  It is certainly NOT any of my distributions and definitely not the "loader" so why did my name get introduced into this ???

image.thumb.png.1e2dccb0aa1e9c80d2cedd6dade52a3b.png

image.thumb.png.d93c1b7370869639635955358411ebc6.png

Ah, here it is.  The six security vendors are referring to the "Chrome 115" chrome.exe file.

Still NO CLUE why MY NAME was introduced in this thread or why the Russian Repack loader was specifically being targeted.  But don't care either, not interested in getting caught up in this thread.  :hello:

image.png.b25477b2974351c48ebfe83a2d15cee7.png

3 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Hi, I'm just curious - why you don't use capitalization for English, but use it for Russian.

A new sentence begins with a capital letter. In the second and third sentence I did not capitalize this word.

......has mistakes in the Russian text.....

Yes, here I didn’t notice, and made a mistake, didn’t shorten the letter, and inserted the result of Google Translator without corrections.

row02ixwunwsvia-jq0y0xkpzfo.jpeg

Edited by grey_rat