Supermium

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Installer version is working.  Seems to only be the "portable" version that does not work.

No, it's just paid. To get the good version and additional bonuses, you need to subscribe. It's been discussed in this topic already. 5 Euros per month or so. Dollars are converted, don't worry.

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Process Tamer helps but Supermium is still a NIGHTMARE on my system!  An absolute and utter NIGHTMARE!

I open a web page and have to wait 24 to 43 seconds before the scroll wheel will scroll the page.

Then when it does scroll, I have to wait 7 to 18 seconds for the scrolled-into portion of the page to be displayed.

An absolute and utter NIGHTMARE.

Yes!!!  This test was in a VirtualBox VM of XP SP3 with 3GB RAM - I refuse to attempt Supermium on my host until the next release!

Apart from "nightmare" written boldly with the use of capslock, I'd like to see a more detailed report.

Which flags are used,

Hardware specs,

VM version,

Updates level (which is very important!)

Read here, this was already explained by @George King:

https://msfn.org/board/topic/186133-thorium/?do=findComment&comment=1263763

1 hour ago, Dixel said:

No, it's just paid. To get the good version and additional bonuses, you need to subscribe. It's been discussed in this topic already. 5 Euros per month or so. Dollars are converted, don't worry.

You misunderstood.  Or I should have written a descriptive paragraph instead of a KISS Principle.

My comment on the portable not working was NOT the Portable Supermium.  It was in regards to a the Process Tamer app discussed just prior to my post.

1 hour ago, Dixel said:

VM version,

I am running version 4.3 but forget offhand which "Y" version of 4.3.Y

Granted, I was on 4.3.Y intentionally not updating when I was running XP.

Now that I'm on Win10, maybe, just MAYBE, it might be time to upgrade, lol.

57 minutes ago, 66cats said:

I'm forced to assume your Babbage engine eats hay, or, at best, burns coal. Here's a 14-yr.-old XP host running an XP guest.

That is in VMware.  I am using VirtualBox.

I've also confirmed that I ran 4.3.28 when my host is XP, but I run 4.3.40 in Win10 so my Supermium tests is with a FULLY-UPDATED non-hacked XP SP3 (no POSReady) in VirtualBox 4.3.40 running from a Win10 host.

7 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

XP SP3 with *all* of the "real" updates.  I do NOT use POSReady "hacks".

Hardware specs?

6 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Installer version is working.  Seems to only be the "portable" version that does not work.

For me the portable version (the zip file) works well.

1 hour ago, Saxon said:

Hardware specs?

Dell XPS 8700.  i7-4770.  16GB RAM.

Five monitors, do not know all GPUs from memory.

Supermium is the only browser that does this!  Both on host Win10, host XP x64, and on guest XP x86 in VirtualBox 4.3.40.

I have to hold the power button for 10 seconds and force a power-off !!!  Each and every time I trial-run Supermium.

No offense, fingers crossed on future versions, but I downright refuse to put my host OS through another one of these forced-power-off's.

4 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Dell XPS 8700.  i7-4770.  16GB RAM.

Five monitors, do not know all GPUs from memory.

Supermium is the only browser that does this!  Both on host Win10, host XP x64, and on guest XP x86 in VirtualBox 4.3.40.

I have to hold the power button for 10 seconds and force a power-off !!!  Each and every time I trial-run Supermium.

No offense, fingers crossed on future versions, but I downright refuse to put my host OS through another one of these forced-power-off's.

I'm not sure I understand, you force the PC off to prevent the long Supermium startup you wrote about? Why not just wait and/or kill it with the task manager?

6 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

do not know all GPUs from memory

This is actually very important since the browser scans GPU on startup. Your GPU and Driver may be blacklisted for acceleration, hence the delay.

6 hours ago, D.Draker said:

I'm not sure I understand, you force the PC off to prevent the long Supermium startup you wrote about? Why not just wait and/or kill it with the task manager?

The startup delay is a separate issue, all browsers, INCLUDING ROYTAM'S, have that delay on my system.  I run *ALL* browsers using "portable launchers" but I've done that for TWENTY YEARS.  It's only caused startup delays within the last three years - on *ALL* browsers.

I have to force the PC off only with Supermium because it PEGS my CPU at 100% and the *ONLY* way out is to force the PC to shutdown.  I suppose waiting 10 minutes is another option, but I can reboot in 90 seconds so I'll opt for 90 seconds over 10 minutes.