Supermium

4 hours ago, dmiranda said:

why are we assuming it is a GDI matter, anyway? As somebody already suggested, it may well be an issue up to an optometrist, for all we know.

We are not "assuming", we know for sure. Please, enough with trolling. We know Supermium issue is related to GDI on XP and Dwrite on Vista+.

You accuse everyone of being blind, except you?

6 hours ago, dmiranda said:

For those with font-antialising issues in nvidia set ups in XP, you may consider finding and using nvidiaProfileInspector 3.5.0.0 by Deadmanwalking-TO Github.

Reason for edit: I will take this with cordial spirit.

You can take it with anything you desire, but I see the same result on Intel GMA onboard graphics, and everything is fine with eyesight, I pass my eye exams well, I have to, all due to my military activities.

Read, even on gighub, they describe Supermium font issues.

4 hours ago, UCyborg said:

And change what exactly? How does it effect GDI rendering? I wonder if the program even works with driver 355.98. NVIDIA's graphics drivers for XP are such a crapshoot. You have to be a programmer to even set display scaling, which I didn't know it was possible until I recently found some old NV API docs from around 2005.

Thanks! I'm honestly glad we still have the majority of on-topic people! Of course it doesn't affect GDI rendering. To answer your question, yes there are some oldies like Version 1.9.7.3, which go as low as driver R343.

###       NVIDIA INSPECTOR - CHANGELOG      ###

Version 1.9.7.3

- updated setting constants until driver R343 (those include drivers 344.xx)

I really grew tired of non-sense, so for the first time in decades I decided to ignore some forum participants. For the rest: I assumed Ucyborg is using the OS in his picture (w10), apologies for assuming so, if it was not the case. Once again, I'm no expert, nor do I have access to multiple hardware: I transparently report on what I have (windowswise), and what I can do with my system (which is representative of only myself). The system I use has two (10 years ago) mid range quadro GPUs, perhaps other GPUs allow for later drivers. In my system, finally, after including supermium in nvidiainspectorprofile (with settings I use in my other browsers), the font ugliness I (also) commented about before is gone, so I reported in case it may be of use to anybody else. To be honest, I never noticed any special brightness in Supermium, and feel real sorry for those who are so vocally incapable of solving that issue. I wish them well.  

Edited by dmiranda

6 hours ago, dmiranda said:

For the rest: I assumed Ucyborg is using the OS in his picture (w10), apologies for assuming so, if it was not the case.

No, you are not wrong, his main OS is indeed Windows 10, though, the XP he uses is 64-bit, but also talks about 32-bit XP. @UCyborg, do correct me if I am wrong about this, though.

11 hours ago, mina7601 said:

No, you are not wrong, his main OS is indeed Windows 10, though, the XP he uses is 64-bit, but also talks about 32-bit XP. @UCyborg, do correct me if I am wrong about this, though.

Why does it matter? This topic isn't limited to "supermium on XP only".

18 hours ago, dmiranda said:

In my system, finally, after including supermium in nvidiainspectorprofile (with settings I use in my other browsers), the font ugliness I (also) commented about before is gone, so I reported in case it may be of use to anybody else.

Could you post screenshots? Thanks.

1 Before and 1 after the changes.

10 hours ago, Dixel said:

Why does it matter? This topic isn't limited to "supermium on XP only".

Mister, I never implied that it's limited to XP only, either. I am already aware that we can also discuss about running it on 2000 (which is not supported yet, but will be in the future) and Vista also, for example. Please don't jump into unfounded conclusions, Please and thank you very much.

Edited by mina7601

On 2/10/2024 at 10:57 PM, mina7601 said:

If so, antialiasing and texture filtering on the nvidiaprofilesinstector version I made reference to will likely be of no effect on his system. Probably not even on vista. But who knows. Just in case they do:

Noname.png

Edited by dmiranda

Unfortunatly the moment I try to do anything such as open settings in this browser running XP one of the chrome processes in its tree pegs my cpu to 98% making it unusable. I can kill it and chrom will continue to run but if i try anything it comes back.

10 minutes ago, Destro said:

Unfortunatly the moment I try to do anything such as open settings in this browser running XP one of the chrome processes in its tree pegs my cpu to 98% making it unusable. I can kill it and chrom will continue to run but if i try anything it comes back.

What kind of processor do you have? Single-core?

13 hours ago, dmiranda said:

If so, antialiasing and texture filtering on the nvidiaprofilesinstector version I made reference to will likely be of no effect on his system. Probably not even on vista. But who knows. Just in case they do:

Noname.png

It's a 3D gaming profile, the one I use for Injustice 2, doesn't work for 2D apps.

12 hours ago, ED_Sln said:

What kind of processor do you have? Single-core?

We can't blame the CPU.  Opening Chrome settings is enough to trigger this behavior and after waiting forever it doesn't resolve itself.  Freezing the compupter.  Thats not normal.