Webp Virus, fears, nightmares, suggestions, or exodus from the internet?

Dixel

You’re right.
I just thought I’d let you know.
I won’t bother you with that again.
Excuse me.

But I won’t start another thread because the one I opened is no longer visible after the forum has been offline.

I’ve already taken my countermeasures, and my Edge will be patched.
Good luck.

3 hours ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

You’re right.
I just thought I’d let you know.
I won’t bother you with that again.
Excuse me.

But I won’t start another thread because the one I opened is no longer visible after the forum has been offline.

I’ve already taken my countermeasures, and my Edge will be patched.
Good luck.

Thanks for letting us know! But we didn't see your topic. Could you just restore it from the famous MSFN keylogger?

Anyways, it's nowhere near the scary WebP, I'm pretty sure - most of us have Webrtc axed by default.

You guys have me searching for this thread, so I hope @Sampei.Nihira you can find  a way to recover/restore it. I'd like to read it even though I never use Webrtc on my browsers. Or, perhaps, you can post your article in another thread regarding this topic to share this article that you seem to have deleted before I caught it because I was offline. :}

Thanks and be well.

Edited by XPerceniol

@D.Draker

It doesn’t seem to be.
The EPSS (Exploit prediction scoring system) probability that the vulnerability will be exploited in the next 30 days was for Webp=0.15%.
For this new exploit the EPSS=0.11%.

So little difference.
Not scary the first and almost irrelevant the second.

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

On 12/21/2023 at 8:15 PM, D.Draker said:
Something went wrong. Please try again.

•  

I still can't create a new topic in this or any other sections, several days after the site went offline, so @Dixel, I'm sorry for posting off-topic, I just wanted to create a new one with a new exploit. @Dave-H, can you make a new topic?

I'm getting this message on the loop.

https://msfn.org/board/topic/185031-webp-virus-fears-nightmares-suggestions-or-exodus-from-the-internet/?do=findComment&comment=1257172

EDIT, I can post here, but it's not related (apart from being another Chrome bug), so any feedback is appreciated, thanks.

Edited by D.Draker

The topic clearly asks for each of our OPINIONS.

If you want to be truly HONEST, then those OPINIONS have clearly concluded that the FEARS are EXAGGERATED.

Being of the opposite OPINION than most have stated in this thread but "shouting the loudest" is not going to sway OTHER folks' OPINIONS.

In my OPINION, these WebP "fears" are like being afraid of being struck by lightning so we "never go outside" because of our "paranoia" of being hit by lightning..

Despite -
   the odds of being struck by lightning is less than one in a million
   90% of all lightning strike victims SURVIVE
   about one third of lightning injuries occur INDOORS
   MALES are four times more likely than FEMALES to be struck by lightning
   source:  https://www.cdc.gov/disasters/lightning/victimdata.html

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

16 hours ago, D.Draker said:

I still can't create a new topic in this or any other sections, several days after the site went offline, so @Dixel, I'm sorry for posting off-topic, I just wanted to create a new one with a new exploit. @Dave-H, can you make a new topic?

I'm getting this message on the loop.

https://msfn.org/board/topic/185031-webp-virus-fears-nightmares-suggestions-or-exodus-from-the-internet/?do=findComment&comment=1257172

EDIT, I can post here, but it's not related (apart from being another Chrome bug), so any feedback is appreciated, thanks.

@D.Draker

Is the problem still there?

:dubbio:

The problem would not be the EPSS percentage of the individual vulnerability being examined:

https://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/assigner-70/chrome-cve-admin-google.com.html

For forum members using unpatched versions of Chrome, the bigger problem is the accumulated summed vulnerabilities.
That bring the EPSS to significant values.

Considering an Anti-Exploit defensive line is certainly beneficial.