Website updates.... or forum issues?...

msfntor

Today, in the morning (after 11h Paris time), website doesn't worked:

Getting this Error page only: 

"An error occurred (500 Error)

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now. 

You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later. 

Try again"

Then website worked slighty...

Then after 12h, next error:

"This site can’t be reached

msfn.org took too long to respond.

Try:

Checking the connection

Checking the proxy and the firewall

Running Windows Network Diagnostics

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT "

What is this, Website updates.... or forum issues?...please?

4 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Another shameless self-promotion.

If you're going to do this "all the time", why not make a download available?  Google has NO INTEREST in reverse-engineering "your work".

Oh, lookie here, one of your rarest techno related questions, finally ! 

Please, bother yourself to read my topic, you will find all the answers there.

Precisely, I aready wrote: win32 had received my instructions and confirmed it will be fully implemented 

in the next release, so all of the users will be able to use the new Opera. No need to "download" the browser itself.

But hey, weren't you "blocking" me ? Please quit stalking my every move. This is starting to look really, really weird.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalking

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Another shameless self-promotion.

If you're going to do this "all the time", why not make a download available?  Google has NO INTEREST in reverse-engineering "your work".

Read the fuking rules!

5 hours ago, Tommy said:

You can block users here: https://msfn.org/board/ignore/

Thank you, unfortunately it doesn't block users at all, I don't even understand the purpose, I remember we (jaclaz and I)

were trying to figure out how this feature works and from what we discovered, there's no actual block per se, 

so that user would still be able to read and reply to my posts and it is visible for everyone.

Maybe, I'm doing something wrong ? But then again, "ignore" is not "block". In any case,

I appreciate the support from all of you !

3 hours ago, D.Draker said:

But hey, weren't you "blocking" me ?

Nope.  But I hope answering your question isn't "stalking".

My apologies for overstepping.  Not to make excuses, but my doctor took me off caffeine on Monday.  Getting old sucks, lol.

My bookmark is the "unread content" link, so I kinda reply to anything and everything, there is no "stalking", but ACTIVE THREADS that have a higher chance of pulling me in over time, lol.

But anyway...  Sipping my hot apple cider.  Still no replacement for my long-loved Mountain Dew.

2 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Maybe, I'm doing something wrong ?

No, that's how the Ignore feature works in the forum: When you add a specific user to your Ignore list, you have the options to block either some or all of that user's contents from showing. (It even says so in the link @Tommy sent!)

Ignore feature was never built to prevent a specific user from replying to your posts.

Edited by mina7601

I've not seen any forum that has an actual block option the way most people seem to be thinking about it. The best member-relation options I have ever seen were actually on old battle.net where your options were mute (don't see their posts) and squelch (they don't see your posts).

Forum ignore basically will "hide" a post from a user that is on your list, but you should still see that they have posted. Some forum ignore can prevent a person from sending you a PM, or writing on your profile, if such a thing exists.

Unfortunately, forum staff can't really test the ignore function outside of impersonation, since we aren't allowed to block anyone and no one is allowed to block us but I think that is automatically handled by the forum.