ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.1030 rebuild 7

3 hours ago, Anbima said:

Hello,

how can I install Addons in the ungoogled version?
I installed Chromium Web Store, but the button for installing is not displayed with the addons.

Hello, 

I think the ungoogled assumes google services had been totally disabled.

11 minutes ago, Cocodile said:

Hello, 

Ungoogled in this build only means that the main function to download extensions directly from the webstore is disabled. Just a simple URL edit on the resources.pak file of the browser.

3 hours ago, Humming Owl said:

Ungoogled in this build only means that the main function to download extensions directly from the webstore is disabled. Just a simple URL edit on the resources.pak file of the browser.

Thank you very much for the swift response ! Why is labelled as ungoogled then ?

1 minute ago, Cocodile said:

Thank you very much for the swift response ! Why is labelled as ungoogled then ?

Because of not being able to download extensions directly from the webstore. There are also some other google URL edits as well so the browser does not communicate a lot with google (mostly at browser startup).

3 hours ago, Humming Owl said:

Because of not being able to download extensions directly from the webstore. There are also some other google URL edits as well so the browser does not communicate a lot with google (mostly at browser startup).

Thank you for the explanations, I think I'll pass this one then. I came here from searches that showed I can download fully , truly ungoogled version on this website.

4 minutes ago, Cocodile said:

Thank you for the explanations, I think I'll pass this one then. I came here from searches that showed I can download fully , truly ungoogled version on this website.

I don't think it exists a true Ungoogled Chromium to be honest. Chromium comes from Google so its basically a weird word combination. But basically google URL edits on the browser files do the trick to mimic what an Ungoogled experience might be.

2 hours ago, Cocodile said:

Hello, 

I think I also see it that way, seeing as I do use google for searching it doesn't matter because I'm not connected to anything or any other google services. I think that is what pale moon thought (to be unfirefoxed firefox) but realized it just don't work that way. Shame for people whom need privacy and want to enjoy life, I'm not one of them and am happy being off the grid (so-to-speak). I've never voted to owned anything or even had a credit card. At the same time I'm easily found but I don't care. Again, not the case for some people. Hope that made sense. 

Oh, and, welcome to our forum :)

Edited by XPerceniol

But I think this 360 is a step in the right direction towards using chrome without any protections in place. The kids don't have any idead what they are causing for their future if we all even have much of a future left anyway. Sorry for being negative. 

8 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

re: Use custom font size - Can you show a picture of this ever working in any of the 360Chrome builds?

I still need to see a PICTURE of what fonts you are expecting to see changed.

This setting IS changing font sizes.  Though not "all" of them.  I never use it so am unaware if different versions change different fonts.

2 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

This setting IS changing font sizes.  Though not "all" of them.  I never use it so am unaware if different versions change different fonts.

This setting is not changing font sizes in all websites, all pages, and browser UI Settings internal pages, in 360Chrome 13.5 versions..

(..and to see the websites fonts properly, I use notched "Block remote fonts" feature in the Settings of uBlock O.)

Edited by msfntor
added