Rant Thread

WinGlass

I forgot to say, she is an ex-model , we've got quite a few here, in France. I mean *not* self-declared model from instagram, she's a real one with a proper education.

Still very-very stupid, she is a good person and a friend. I'm actually OK with stupid people. The only thing that worries me is she getting older.

3 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

1 -  we all are getting old.

2 - Unfortunately, no one of us is a "Highlander", presumably. smilie_denk_24.gif

1 - Not Frisians, lol , no.

2 - That's what I meant, perhaps I need to get a new one - before it's not too late.

26 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

I forgot to say, she is an ex-model , we've got quite a few here, in France. I mean *not* self-declared model from instagram, she's a real one with a proper education.

Still very-very stupid, she is a good person and a friend. I'm actually OK with stupid people. The only thing that worries me is she getting older.

If you were selfless, you would break up with her so she wouldn't waste an important part of her life time in terms of family planning on someone who wasn't really serious about her. After the age of 40 or bit more, family planning no longer really plays a role. But who is really selfless?

Edited by AstroSkipper

5 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

If you were selfless, you would break up with her so she wouldn't waste an important part of her life time in terms of family planning on someone who wasn't really serious about her. After the age of 40 or bit more, family planning no longer really plays a role. But who is really selfless?

Thanks, I tried to talk some sense into her. It didn't help. Still doesn't want to leave. She is quite good looking, so it's weird.

She even does shopping for me. Her mother literally hates me and hated right from the start and wants her to leave me and

live with her (quite some weird mother, even by the French standards!). She has a younger brother,

a complete plonker who works at store or smth., a very low level job.

He was kicked out of the university at the first year for his extreme stupidity and offensive behaviour. 

It's a half brother, actually, this would explain why he is even more stupid. Like the dude doesn't even know the Vietnam war is over, etc.

He thought the Vietnam is still French. You should've seen the look on his "face" when I told him we left in the late fifties or so. Since  then

no communication with him, mother, I never saw her in person, father, don't know anything about him,

apart they *think* he is a jew and loves money.

I'm pretty sure this primitive kind of crap about decadent serfs is not interesting to you, lol.

23 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

Thanks, I tried to talk some sense into her. It didn't help. Still doesn't want to leave. She is quite good looking, so it's weird.

She even does shopping for me. Her mother literally hates me and hated right from the start and wants her to leave me and

live with her (quite some weird mother, even by the French standards!). She has a younger brother,

a complete plonker who works at store or smth., a very low level job.

He was kicked out of the university at the first year for his extreme stupidity and offensive behaviour. 

It's a half brother, actually, this would explain why he is even more stupid. Like the dude doesn't even know the Vietnam war is over, etc.

He thought the Vietnam is still French. You should've seen the look on his "face" when I told him we left in the late fifties or so. Since  then

no communication with him, mother, I never saw her in person, father, don't know anything about him,

apart they *think* he is a jew and loves money.

I'm pretty sure this primitive kind of crap about decadent serfs is not interesting to you, lol.

Ok! In any case, you both are adults and when the cards have been laid openly on the table, everyone is responsible for their own decisions or actions. Therefore, I believe, time will tell. :)

3 hours ago, WinGlass said:

I realize that there's two kinds of stupid: genetic stupid and being taught stupid. :dubbio:

No, there are more variants. Like absolutely outcold ones. See example from the above about that brother. He's not just a simple

moron , he's a complete plonker. Also, he's a raving plonker. Angry.

He could become stupid of other reasons. Like drugs, hard clashes, etc.

On 11/12/2022 at 2:13 PM, AstroSkipper said:

Stupidity is a very simple term for an extremely complex issue. Stupidity is the result of mainly three different components: Intelligence, knowledge (education) and experience. Each of these components can be simplified (if one does not consider gradations of the component states) as a Boolean variable that knows only two states: true or false, i.e. present or absent. Accordingly, one could examine (at least) eight different cases, but I will not do so here. In any case, stupidity has many facets and causes. We only have to look around in the world and see it everywhere. Sometimes it may be pleasant to encounter it, sometimes perhaps not. Stupidity is a disaster at the moment when tragic decisions for many people are born out of it. And tragically, this happens in the world all the time. So, beside his education, knowledge, intelligence and eloquence, Marcus Tullius Cicero was indeed a very good observer and extremely wise, and that ages ago. d010.gif Anyway, a girl who chooses a man 30 years older as her sexual partner cannot be an example of stupidity per se, but rather of a pronounced father complex. smilie_denk_24.gif

Cheers, AstroSkipper albert.gif

As I tried to differentiate above, stupidity of a healthy person is the result of mainly three different components:
Intelligence, knowledge (education) and experience.

15 hours ago, WinGlass said:

I realize that there's two kinds of stupid: genetic stupid and being taught stupid. :dubbio:

The intelligence component consists of a genetic and a non-genetic sub-component. A person's intelligence cannot be explained by genetics alone. It has to develop in their ontogenesis. Depending on the genetic predispositions, however, it can develop better or worse. But, apart from all chemical and physical influences such as nutrition and many other environmental parameters, the learning process of a person is the key to get the maximum of this development which only ends by death. And this varies greatly from one individual to another. Therefore, an infinite number of types of stupidity exist. :)

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

8 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

As I tried to differentiate above, stupidity is the result of mainly three different components:
Intelligence, knowledge (education) and experience.

I had numerous traumas in the past, not only in the military, but also in the raving childhood. The list is very long.

I have a condition where a very loud tinnitus driving me nuts, hence the insomnia. I hear sounds in my head.

Not voices, lol. Just sounds. Sometimes my brain just stops, yes, completely. I can't answer in words. But I can act.

I still have basic reflexes working in that mode. Like chase, bite, grab, kill, throw away. I visited numerous doctors

and it didn't help. So looks like there's another form. Could this also be classified as stupid ? The fourth ?

I'd say I'm a complete zombie in that mode. Though, I got used to it somehow...

29 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

I visited numerous doctors

and it didn't help. So looks like there's another form. Could this also be classified as stupid ? The fourth ?

I am not a medical doctor or psychologist and can say little about such symptoms. Any form of trauma naturally has an effect on the brain. In my consideration of stupidity, I have excluded physical or mental suffering as well as illness and refer to the stupidity of a healthy person. Perhaps I should have mentioned this as a prerequisite! Very negligent of me! 
animiertes-schilder-smilies-bild-0054.gi snegatif.gif
Anyway, your symptoms have nothing to do with stupidity. :no:

PS: I will correct that in my previous posts.

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

10 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

...but also in the raving childhood. The list is very long.

Sort of the same, growing up was bad in so many way and I (truly) lucked out as other didn't make it though, but, somehow I did. I was a good boy, never out late and respected (still do) my elders. I made my parents happy and got baptized (Sundays School and all , can you believe that ... haha) Yep ... never gave my parents trouble, but we were very poor and the holidays were for other people. To this day, I'm humbled in that way and can get by by with very little, but, there was damage that I carry and the list is also too long. Mom was like a soap opera actress but Dad was attracted to such and there is a price to pay. Things weren't always easy to say the very least. Lord knows I was protected or something as the church was evil and the abuse was so obvious but, again, Lucked out. 

17 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

I have a condition where a very loud tinnitus driving me nuts, hence the insomnia. I hear sounds in my head.

Yeah, you said that before, must be horrible and I can see sleep being rough. I don't sleep well either. Haven't in ages which is partly why I started drinking heavily. I was not a social drinker, rather a stumbling babbling drunk and it was getting out of hand along with other drugs at the time until I decided it was enough and that was it. I knew I could kick the drugs but I didn't think I'd ever stop drinking and I have fatty liver as a result. Ugh. that being said, have you tried medication? I don't know, meds can be addictive so I hate to recommend that. I'm sure have done what you can. 

20 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

Not voices, lol. Just sounds.

I don't have voices in the classic sense either, but, rather, nagging discussions (and auditory sounds and visual ... sorry hard to expalin) with myself from fractured psyche and long standing abuse with various psychedelics (sometimes to feel anything resembling a person) and benzodiazepines cause brain damage and seizures over time and I was abusing everything because I needed to escape. Again, lucky I guess the voices didn't separate into a split personality disorder. Wait, who am I? Oh yes ... Mister Blobfish. Kidding; or am I?! =P

25 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

I'd say I'm a complete zombie in that mode. Though, I got used to it somehow...

Yeah, always feel like a zombie corpse nowadays, so I get that. I also got used to it and sometimes what others call "Illness" is blessing in disguise. I wouldn't want to be "Normal" and my experiences made me whom I am and I wouldn't change anything. I don't know.

I want to say, I do appreciate that you've opened up so much here lately. I don't always reply when I have noting helpful to say, but I read everything.

I do have days when I not even close to a functional person, moreover, there are times when I feel better and I try to take advantage rather than stay in bed (too easy when sad and depressed). I now open up the blinds and spend time with my peace Lilly. I do have regrets, though. Better (for me) to focus on the future (not that I see a bright one up ahead if I look too far) and take is day-by-day. I don't know. 

Anyways, enough of my rambling on..

Just grateful to have our little forum and hope we have it for a long while.

51 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

had numerous traumas in the past,

- head traumas? Or to the ears, by loud sounds?

Me too I've tinnitus, 8 kHz exactly, in both ears. And I've come to accept this, normally I don't pay much attention to this problem, which is pulsating or permanent (this changes in the day). Recently, after trauma at one ear, in this ear (it's sent by the brain!) have continuous tinnitus of this same frequency, AND sometimes music with choirs, this same non stop, in the day and in the night too.

But in reality it is not in the ears, but sent by the brain, so everything is in the brain!

Hope for you...

Edited by msfntor
AND sometimes music with choirs, this same non stop, in the day and in the night too.

12 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

Any form of trauma naturally has an effect on the brain. In my consideration of stupidity.

When they say just get over it, this makes it worse. The past does indeed shape us but doesn't have to define us. I'm grateful overall and as a result of the trauma made me the kind and honest and true humble guy I am.