Rant Thread

WinGlass

10 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

He would say more like "I had been cursed or jinxed."

When one is jinxed or cursed it can be removed. In theory, of course.

I totally agree!

10 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

Like I already wrote many times, you feel English better than me, of course !

And, thanks again for your nice compliment, my friend!

3 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

I totally agree!

And, thanks again for your nice compliment, my friend!

From what I had been told *a long time ago* from our local warlocks,

to jinx someone is not actually means to cast a spell on him, it means to look at him with a warlock's

eye, so-called "bad" eye. So it's not a spell. It's more like the first, simple stage.

But if a warlock (witch) is powerful enough, it may go bad, like in his case.

Look, he wrote "everytime"....

6 hours ago, mina7601 said:

Eh, it's fine, at least I am not Russian. I mean, this information you told me about Telegram won't really stop me from using it.

Well ... I sort of see it this way, too. I mean, while I'd be killed over there, I'm not there.

5 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Yep! Same as damned. :) But bewitched is the result of what a witch imposes on you. And that is not necessarily negative.

My word I'm showing my age, because when you wrote about bewitched ... the first thing (lady) that came to mind was:

Elizabeth Montgomery =P

1 hour ago, XPerceniol said:

My word I'm showing my age, because when you wrote about bewitched ... the first thing (lady) that came to mind was:

Elizabeth Montgomery =P

Yep! I can remember very well. "Bewitched", it was a sitcom. In Germany, it was translated as "Verliebt in eine Hexe". Retranslated: "In love with a witch". :)

Edited by AstroSkipper

6 hours ago, D.Draker said:

From what I had been told *a long time ago* from our local warlocks,

to jinx someone is not actually means to cast a spell on him, it means to look at him with a warlock's

eye, so-called "bad" eye. So it's not a spell. It's more like the first, simple stage.

But if a warlock (witch) is powerful enough, it may go bad, like in his case.

Look, he wrote "everytime"....

I can literally feel it ... When I was younger, I was very often jinxed by nice girls or ladies. :D

Edited by AstroSkipper

3 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

I can literally feel it ... When I was younger, I was very often jinxed by nice girls or ladies. :D

While we all understand it's funny and you're a cool guy and *I never doubted it*, 

I was pretty serious about it.

My maternal grand-grand mother was a certified witch, who lived almost 105 years and 

died only in '91, I still have her spellbook, so I know what I'm talking about.

5 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Well ... I sort of see it this way, too. I mean, while I'd be killed over there, I'm not there.

He is not safe in his country 'cause his country is no longer under the protection given by Great Britain. They are "independent".

Which these days, I'd translate as *under russia*. The same had happened to many countries, unfortunately.

But stupid people (that are being discussed) won't/don't understand.

No need to take offence though, it's my personal opinion.

EDIT regarding the news today. The new lows...

The cowardice I've seen today is unbelievable...

Edited by D.Draker

My rant?  Are you sure you want to hear MY RANT?  My rant is THIS THREAD!  :whistle:

But alas, carry on, guys!  "To each their own", as I always say.

But I will "rant" this, we call this a "tech" forum but haven't you all noticed just what threads gain the most and fastest "frequency"?

I find it tempting to start a thread entitled "Rant against the Rant Thread" - but I will not, lol.

Again, "carry on, guys".  "To each their own".

I hereby conclude my "rant".  :cool:

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

7 hours ago, D.Draker said:

While we all understand it's funny and you're a cool guy and *I never doubted it*, 

I was pretty serious about it.

My maternal grand-grand mother was a certified witch, who lived almost 105 years and 

died only in '91, I still have her spellbook, so I know what I'm talking about.

Of course, I couldn't know that. In fact, I thought that it was not meant quite so seriously. Mea culpa! But believe me, I was absolutely serious about the fact that when I was a younger man, I was literally jinxed by very special girls or women. :blink:

5 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

But I will "rant" this, we call this a "tech" forum but haven't you all noticed just what threads gain the most and fastest "frequency"?

Yes, I also very much regret that many of the actually technically interested members of this forum are not very communicative, rather lazy about writing and also, in many cases, quite disrespectful. Many are masters in demanding contents, updates, ported versions and so on, but in terms of gratitude and feedback ... :whistle: There is very often a lack of respect and appreciation for those who really provide technical contents or make their own work accessible to all. Such members often have no idea how much time and effort the creators have put into their work, topics and threads. Looking at my technically motivated threads, and they are all technical, it's more of a read, shut up and download thing. For the authors and creators of these threads, however, it's literally frustrating. Few comments, rarely a thank you, few reactions and feedback! But the authors live on these, as they do not earn money with it, of course. And, don't forget, if there were no such technical contents anymore, this forum would be spiritually impoverished in terms of technical contents and the original, actual sense of MSFN!

So, my "rant" is: Appreciate and value more consciously and appropriately the technically motivated contents that many creative people provide in this forum! :) 

Kind regards, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content