My Browser Builds (Part 4)

25 minutes ago, Mark-XP said:

A strange error here on many intel sites with NewMoon 28.10 and Spt 52.9 (in Win7 environment btw.) see below

No problems in contrast with PaleMonn and Basislisk. Probably some ua related junk...

Intel_Access_denied.jpg

No errors here in that website with Serpent 52.9 in Windows 7 64-bit environment. Loads fine.

QGl-WT8-PBx-R.png

Edited by mina7601

35 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

No errors here in that website with Serpent 52.9 in Windows 7 64-bit environment. Loads fine.

Thanks @mina7601, i can confirm: after an update from an older version (July) to the latest this issue is resolved.

And sorry, yes i'm rather update-lazy, i do uptate only 2-3 times a year :whistle:

30 minutes ago, Mark-XP said:

Thanks @mina7601, i can confirm: after an update from an older version (July) to the latest this issue is resolved.

And sorry, yes i'm rather update-lazy, i do uptate only 2-3 times a year :whistle:

So, you were 5 months away when you tested that website. But, no problem. You are welcome!

On 11/22/2023 at 4:17 AM, mina7601 said:

Has anyone noticed recently that the 2 buttons next to the files (or folders) inside an archive don't show any text in Dropbox in Serpent 52? The sign up button also doesn't show any text. Here's an example link to test.

sf-D3eq-Vk-ZC.png

@roytam1 Sorry to sound disturbing, but I wonder if this happens to you also, and if yes, were you able to fix it? It still happens even on the 20231209 build.

On 10/11/2023 at 9:54 AM, UCyborg said:

I can't access HTTP version of archive.org with vanilla Pale Moon 32.4.1, redirects to HTTPS, zero errors in console. Has A LOT of JavaScript files. Default security settings, so CSP enabled, TLS settings intact...native user agent, I only spoof Firefox on few problematic sites. Too bad the web site can't be used to view archived web sites in old web browsers.

I don't remember encountering a website that worked after disabling CSP, if there were CSP errors and site was broken, it was still broken after disabling CSP.

archive.org has been crashing randomly for me too I'm using pm 32.4.1 x64

Its wasnt crashing on 32.3.1

Faulting application name: palemoon.exe, version: 6.3.0.8671, time stamp: 0x6515fb28
Faulting module name: mozjs.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6515fe2f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000040ef48
Faulting process id: 0xcd8
Faulting application start time: 0x01da2b8eab78059c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Pale Moon\mozjs.dll

Archive today (perhaps for ever, but I visited it in a clean profile only recently to harden a sp52 -and mp68 too- from scratch) has a serious look at your canvas. If it is new thing, that may explain it, and pm canvas legacy extension may help. But I don't know, because (again), I hadn't visited the site without hardening the profile first, during the last 5 or so years. 

I get an Access Denied error on Intel sites too. It probably has to do with something en/disabled in the settings. Not a big deal. After you download the required, you don't need to go to Intel again.

On 12/11/2023 at 11:43 PM, Mark-XP said:

A strange error here on many intel sites with NM28 and St52 (in Win7 environment btw) see below...

No problems in contrast with Pale Moon and Basilisk. Probably some ua related junk...

... Yes, it's an arbitrary, unjustifiable, artificial block imposed by © Intel, based solely on UA-sniffing :realmad: ; I'm still on St52 v52.9.0 (2023-11-10) (32-bit), i.e. only one month old, and I, too, get the "Access Denied" (Web Console reports: [HTTP/2.0 403 Forbidden]) block at the door :angry: :( ; guess what? Create a SSUAO with just the string "Chrome" in it and... you're in: 

general.useragent.override.intel.de;Chrome

D7fYkYB.png

... This has gotten ridiculous, if you ask me :realmad: ...

Edited by VistaLover

47 minutes ago, VistaLover said:

i.e. only one month old... This has gotten ridiculous, if you ask me :realmad: ...

Agreed, ridiculous.

Though I would not classify that as "one month old"  --  Firefox 52.9 was released June of 2018.  52.0 was March 2017.  To a "user agent sniff", they see something FIVE AND A HALF YEARS OLD, not "one month old".

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Firefox 52.9 was released June of 2018.  52.0 was March 2017.  To a "user agent sniff", they see something FIVE AND A HALF YEARS OLD, not "one month old"

Actually, the default (global) UA string of St52 does NOT advertise it as Fx52, but as Fx102 (the previous ESR branch/channel, current being 115); this UA string does contain an end "Basilisk/52.9.0" slice but, judging from past experience using the browser ;) , UA-sniffers either silently ignore it or outright block it altogether (not the case with "www.intel.de"; the block stays put :angry: if I remove the Bk slice) ...

Edited by VistaLover
fact corrections

1 hour ago, VistaLover said:

... Yes, it's an arbitrary, unjustifiable, artificial block imposed by © Intel, based solely on UA-sniffing :realmad: ; I'm still on St52 v52.9.0 (2023-11-10) (32-bit), i.e. only one month old, and I, too, get the "Access Denied" (Web Console reports: [HTTP/2.0 403 Forbidden]) block at the door :angry: :( ; guess what? Create a SSUAO with just the string "Chrome" in it and... you're in: 

general.useragent.override.intel.de;Chrome

... This has gotten ridiculous, if you ask me :realmad: ...

Thanks again @VistaLover for investigating further and risolving this issue.

Fwiw: i tried to get some information abot driver support for intel WiFi devices (for our obsolete OSs for sure :)) and what i finally found was this comprehensive abstract  (sorry, qwant search-engine stricly refuses to give me a link for the english version).

2 hours ago, Mark-XP said:

and what I finally found was this comprehensive abstract
(sorry, qwant search engine strictly refuses to give me a link for the English version).

... Well then, here you go :P :

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005602/wireless/legacy-intel-wireless-products.html

A SSUAO for "intel.com" might be needed - YMMV :dubbio:...

OT: "Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection" is the one my 2008 Vista x86 (then OEM) laptop came with...

Edited by VistaLover

Regarding this intel issue (perhaps) and the recent ability some sites have gained to get real set up specs, I caught this "dissapearing" pref every now and then in SP52 (also now in Mypal):

devtools.telemetry.tools.opened.version, "{\"DEVTOOLS_OS_ENUMERATED_PER_USER\":\"52.9.0\",\"DEVTOOLS_OS_IS_32_BITS_PER_USER\":\"52.9.0\",\"DEVTOOLS_SCREEN_RESOLUTION_ENUMERATED_PER_USER\":\"52.9.0\"}");

I cauhgt this very rarely, and will blank it out soon and see what breaks in the devtools, if any thing.