My Browser Builds (Part 4)

5 minutes ago, WSC4 said:

I wish I had known you were working hard on this and about to post your message.
Once again, thanks very much for your help

You are most welcome :); of course, it was impossible for either of us to know that a post on that same subject was about to be submitted imminently by another member, while in the process of putting the "finishing touches" on an already composed post of ours ;); so, actually, nothing to apologise for :) ...

21 minutes ago, WSC4 said:

I have studied your post twice and found it very interesting and helpful.

Since you are a new member here, I was uncertain of the level of your "tech know-how", so I was somewhat more verbose in my reply to you; this post of mine, while proven unnecessary towards the resolution of your predicament, might still serve other people with similar issues :P ...

Best regards :) .

You will need to have an eBay account and to have purchased an item within the last 3 months for the "Return this item" link to show.  This is needed to go through the roytam1 browser builds testing procedure here.

eBayNewMoon1.png.d0a40a269cfe42a38e57a11394afecb2.png  eBayNewMoon2.png.94d4316aa35950ff35b6226845360775.png  eBay-NewMoon3.png.bbd34829fab326ca133c66bf5a1676f9.png

1. Click on More actions

2. Click on Return this item

If you click on any of the circles, the "Next" button at the bottom should highlight blue and you can select it. With roytam1 browser builds, the "Next" button does nothing and is greyed out.  I cannot even left click on it to Inspect Element.

eBayMypal.png.60a5176cf024fa045d723d9655d5ecdf.png

Running Mypal 68 (mypal-68.13.1.en-US.win32).  Clicking on a circle and the "Next" button highlighted blue and you can select it. Mouse over it and the "hand pointer" will show.  It then opened up the next page which is correct.

So far, the following for XP do not have this problem:

Mypal 68

360 Extreme Explorer

360Chrome

Any ideas why roytam1 browser builds fails with this buttons please?

Edited by WSC4
I had to delete it and rewrite it as it was too cluttered and hard to understand.

5 hours ago, WSC4 said:

I thank you for diligent and hard work on posting this.

Thanks indeed.  We do have some very helpful members here at MSFN that spend a great deal of time in assisting with enquiries.

Unfortunately, we also have a growingly large number of members that will call those helpful posts long-winded or refer to them as A4.

Guess we just have to take the good with the bad and learn to live and let live.  Or something like that...

On 7/30/2023 at 10:02 AM, UCyborg said:
// ==UserScript==
// @name          mediamarkt.de | saturn.de quick fix
// @namespace     https://github.com/UCyborg
// @version       1.0
// @author        UCyborg
// @match         https://www.mediamarkt.de/*
// @match         https://www.saturn.de/*
// @grant         none
// ==/UserScript==

let a = document.getElementsByTagName('style')[0];
a.innerHTML = a.innerHTML.replace(`*:where(:not(iframe, canvas, img, svg, video):not(svg *, symbol *)) {
    all: unset;
    display: revert;
  }`, '');

It was implemented in Firefox first in 2019, that's 4 years ago, pre-COVID-19. So how can you say it will be Google that will come up with something else, it could be Mozilla.

Hello @UCyborg! Thank you very much for sharing your "mediamarkt.de | saturn.de quick fix" userscript! I tried it in New Moon 28, Serpent 52 and 55. Although there are issues with images in the item lists as already reported by @VistaLover, it works and makes these websites readable again. In Palefill 1.27, martok also made fixes for mediamarkt's login area. Nevertheless, I hope there will be a solution of all these issues one day coded in NM and SP themselves. BTW, I am a customer of Media Markt's online shop and I am glad to be able to use this site in NM and SP again. Thanks again! :)

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

7 minutes ago, VistaLover said:

In case no-one here noticed it already :P, "our" roytam1 is now formally mentioned inside the "official" UXP repo:

https://repo.palemoon.org/MoonchildProductions/UXP/commit/7f8ea9ae2f92b71eefcd1dc286baaf529cc5686a

1WUvSN4.png

Thanks to Brian Smith (aka dbsoft), the MacOS dev member of MCP :thumbup ...

Honour to whom honour is due. :yes:

Looks like 360Chrome 13.5 doesn't display mediamarkt.de properly either. It displays in Edge 94 (the oldest "modern" browser at my disposal).

2 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

In Palefill 1.27, martok also made fixes for mediamarkt's login area.

They are not needed anymore after RegExp updates.

Man, these people are nuts. A new (smart) TV was bought couple of weeks back and its web browser (Chromium 85) is obsolete straight out of the shop. Secondary function, but still, these lyrics come to mind:

My new computer's got the clocks, it rocks
But it was obsolete before I opened the box
You say you've had your desktop for over a week
Throw that junk away, man, it's an antique
Your laptop is a month old, well that's great
If you could use a nice, heavy paper weight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpMvS1Q1sos

Released in 1999 xD

Edited by UCyborg

23 hours ago, grey_rat said:

Works, at least GPU-Z confirms video engine load on XP. Any idea if this is the latest Flash-based JWPlayer?

On 7/30/2023 at 4:59 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Does that qualify as "normal everyday tasks"?

Might be a perspective thing. Did those tasks involve using Windows Server specific features?

4 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Looks like 360Chrome 13.5 doesn't display mediamarkt.de properly either.

Working for me.

But a d@mn annoying web site, if you ask me!

Page transitions that remind me of the days that web designers thought <marquee> was cool - it wasn't!

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

JWPlayer - is a wrapper for Flash player (plugin). JWPlayer is not a player :)

Windows Media Player (WMP player) also decodes the GPU. VLC plugin may be

Flash player - this is a slow if the video is without GPU decoding. YouTube used to play flv videos a long time ago, so it seems to you that the player works faster :)

I would like to add a Flash player to the ViewTube script for YouTube , but I don't know how.

Edited by grey_rat

2 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Did those tasks involve using Windows Server specific features?

I don't recall, to be honest.  I didn't try on a non-server OS at the time.  But I don't really recall the server OS really "doing" anything that non-server OS was capable of.

11 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Working for me.

You didn't read recent discussion of the issues on that site thoroughly. The New CSS Reset stylesheet alone is enough to disqualify old 360Chrome 13.5 (:where pseudo-selector). And missing product images and other mess on the laptops' page.

Correction - I see the issue.  My setup is "unsetting" some of the position: absolute's and that fixes the overlaps and also restores "missing" images.

I didn't need to "fix" any CSS Reset, I only "unset" <picture> elements' position: absolute.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames